Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Taunoa

HSC
hey I've been assigned a speech on into the world and our selected text is The Story of Tom Brennan and my related text is the sorry speech by Kevin Rudd but yet i dont really understand this concept of into the world.
Could someone please explain the rubric and give me some suggestions on how to throw all this together?
thanks taunoa

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
^^^^How can you get jetlag flying to Adelaide?

I don't think the fatigue from a plane flight to Adelaide will get you any allowance.

I've travelled a lot and the only time I've gotten bonafide jetlag is going to London cause the time was like 11 hours different so it really tripped me out coming back hah.
im coming back very late tuesday night, and paper 2 is on wednesday morning. so youre right, not really jetlagged, but more emotionally unstable and tired. i have to sit 2 interviews that will basically decide whether or not my mums making me repeat year 12. and come on, you have to admit it: having to fly somewhere and back between the 3 english exams is not everyone's ideal hsc plan. especially this year, when BOS is kind enough to let us have a day gap between paper 1 and 2.

beside its not like im not sitting the actual hsc exam, just want to secure my ranking.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
im coming back very late tuesday night, and paper 2 is on wednesday morning. so youre right, not really jetlagged, but more emotionally unstable and tired. i have to sit 2 interviews that will basically decide whether or not my mums making me repeat year 12. and come on, you have to admit it: having to fly somewhere and back between the 3 english exams is not everyone's ideal hsc plan. especially this year, when BOS is kind enough to let us have a day gap between paper 1 and 2.

beside its not like im not sitting the actual hsc exam, just want to secure my ranking.
What is her justification?

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
if i dnt get into dentistry undergrad, then mum'd much rather me redo yr 12 and umat etc than start a degree then do post grad. beside uni fee is too expensive (60k a year) whereas yr 12 private school is only half that amount.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
if i dnt get into dentistry undergrad, then mum'd much rather me redo yr 12 and umat etc than start a degree then do post grad. beside uni fee is too expensive (60k a year) whereas yr 12 private school is only half that amount.
Are you an international student?

Also, very few Universities offer Dentistry Undergrad.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
And then what do you do if you don't meet the requirements for a second time?

There's more to life than dentistry you know.

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
yeah i am. and yup i know. adelaide is the way to go, uq only has 20 places and im pretty sure that's basically all i can choose from.

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
if not then ill go with bachelor of education, and the post grad dent. i know theres more life to dent, but its what i want. just not repeating yr 12 though

kevin321

HSC
I got a question, how are your final marks determined for a subject
Is the actual hsc worth 50%?
Say I come first in a subject with an avg of 90% but I absolutely screw up hsc and get 70, will I take the first mark of my cohort or am i stuck with my 70

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You're stuck with your 70 as your external mark. And if 70 is the highest mark that anyone gets in your entire class in the HSC, your final HSC mark is 70.

Zeroes

HSC
yeah i am. and yup i know. adelaide is the way to go, uq only has 20 places and im pretty sure that's basically all i can choose from.
What about taking a gap year and redoing the umat? Surely anything is better than doing year 12 again. If you're going to a private school and going to be paying anyway, you might as well go to uni and pay to learn something new, rather than just redoing the same old stuff. Also I don't think uni is 60k a year, especially not with HECS...

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
How is everyone's trials going? :O

nazworks

HSC
ahhh. iv got modern history exam tomorrow. im not sure if if im calm because i studied enough, or dont care anymore. -_-

Aysce

HSC
Nah i reckon you start to get disillusioined/burn out after studying heaps.

Like i wewnt crazy that first week and now i'm like "meh"
This.

I've never done so much maths in my life - I'm seriously going insane.

nightweaver066

HSC
dammit. have a trial exam tomorrow, then 2 pracs the next friday, can't make myself study.

looking forward to that one week holiday lol

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
dammit. have a trial exam tomorrow, then 2 pracs the next friday, can't make myself study.

looking forward to that one week holiday lol
Would you like me to help with that?

I have a wide assortment of bamboo sticks at my arsenal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)