Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
Hey guys, obviously all the HSN regulars would know me but for everyone else, I'm George :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone my name is Bob, I like cats. Let us talk about school.

< 5 hrs until HSNT re-opens. =)

Aysce

HSC
Doing well in trials Spiral?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Can't tell haha. Tomorrow is SDD. This has been the weirdest week, I am not stressing as much as I should be. Relaxed a lot too.

deswa1

HSC
Can't tell haha. Tomorrow is SDD. This has been the weirdest week, I am not stressing as much as I should be. Relaxed a lot too.
This is good. I wasn't stressed over my trials either- tbh I thought they were overrated personally. If you're not stressed, than to me that suggests you know your stuff.

Aysce

HSC
I doubt HSC will even be stressful - for me that is, trials weren't that stressful either although i still have 3u tmr :cry:

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
I doubt HSC will even be stressful - for me that is, trials weren't that stressful either although i still have 3u tmr :cry:
Trials are more stressful than the HSC imo, because its the same mateiral pretty much but by the time the HSC comes along you are more prepared and closer to the end.

Look at it positively though, you've almost finished the "hard" part :D

Aysce

HSC
Trials are more stressful than the HSC imo, because its the same mateiral pretty much but by the time the HSC comes along you are more prepared and closer to the end.

Look at it positively though, you've almost finished the "hard" part :D
True - lets hope the results are worth the effort I put in :p

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
True - lets hope the results are worth the effort I put in :p
Even if you don't get the results you want, that's ok. Whether or not the effort you put in pays off is important, but far more important is that you actually gave it a go and didn't resign yourself to failing :)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Any 3U pros have a good strategy for Q7? (Other than mentally figuring it out during reading time)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Don't be scared to try any methods no matter how whacky they are.

Aysce

HSC
Even if you don't get the results you want, that's ok. Whether or not the effort you put in pays off is important, but far more important is that you actually gave it a go and didn't resign yourself to failing :)
Yeah - I can feel that once ranks are set in stone, a huge load of pressure will be taken off my back - assuming I rank well haha. Good luck on 70 Sy :p

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Argh SO angry at the moment.

My student had their Trials today and despite being told that Harder 3U was NOT in the exam and also not being on the assessment notification, it STILL was in the exam.

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable, and extremely disappointing because the school is considered to be one of the higher non-selective schools.

Aysce

HSC
Argh SO angry at the moment.

My student had their Trials today and despite being told that Harder 3U was NOT in the exam and also not being on the assessment notification, it STILL was in the exam.

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable, and extremely disappointing because the school is considered to be one of the higher non-selective schools.
Wow - There is a chance other students may have found it difficult/did a bad job at it as well. How did your student go with it though?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wow - There is a chance other students may have found it difficult/did a bad job at it as well. How did your student go with it though?
Confirmed 1 mark lost in all topics that were supposed to be examined. However a total of 6 marks lost for the Harder 3U topic because of an Induction question (I suspect it required Strong Induction, in which case they can't throw the "But you should know it anyway" card) and an Inequality question.

She's generally good at complaining because she always complains to me all time time about her 'troubled high school life' (funny stories usually) during our break time, so I'm getting her to wreak havoc on the Maths department.

Aysce

HSC
Confirmed 1 mark lost in all topics that were supposed to be examined. However a total of 6 marks lost for the Harder 3U topic because of an Induction question (I suspect it required Strong Induction, in which case they can't throw the "But you should know it anyway" card) and an Inequality question.

She's generally good at complaining because she always complains to me all time time about her 'troubled high school life' (funny stories usually) during our break time, so I'm getting her to wreak havoc on the Maths department.
That sucks. On the bright side, it sounds like she did great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)