Will they screw us over for Paper 2? (1 Viewer)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
No, I think they will specify TWO related texts for Module C.
Because we don't have any sups for Mod A & B, Belonging has already gone, so this is the only question they can give us to reference our 2 texts.
At least, I am going to tell myself that anyway.

And I think the questions for Mod A & C are going to be terribly tricky. One of them may include a text type- I think that fits Mod C if they ask for a feature article or an editorial. Seeing as it's all about text & representation.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
They better not ask for three related texts for Module C...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
They better not ask for three related texts for Module C...
Nah, I'm pretty sure they won't. About as sure as I am that they, er.....wouldn't ask for one related text in Belonging.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
what i predict;
Module a : essay
Module b : personal reflection
Module c : a speech

and i am fine with that, if that actually comes i will be pretty happy.

and radio transcript? webpage design? feature article? man, wtf is wrong with you guys. they cant ask that crap, when in the last decade or so, did they ask a radio transcript?

just calm the fuck down.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Nah, I'm pretty sure they won't. About as sure as I am that they, er.....wouldn't ask for one related text in Belonging.
I hope you're right but might prepare for three in case ヾ(。`Д´。)ノ

elmoateme

HSC
Oh my God. If they ask that I'll fukn spew. Even worse: "with reference to Sadat's speech...."
That would be too cruel. I think they would realise their mistake as soon as supervisors started calling up saying 'mass suicide at gosford high blabla bla". If they prescribed sadat id just talk about 3, but even so. Yuk.

I really hope they don't prescribe a Donne poem for Mod A. It would completely screw me.

I'm feeling a speech for mod b. We had to do a speech for speeches in the trials, and it kind of makes sense given that in mod b they want heaps of personal voice

tomtom1991

HSC
megan dw. i spoke to miss before the exam today and she said if they specify the speech they need to provide us with the transcript because we are only expected to focus strongly on a few speeches and they cant assume all schools have focused on the same one. :)

Knowing the BOS, they won't specify a speech (or poem), because if they have to provide us with a transcript, it will cost them too much.

HSC
That would be too cruel. I think they would realise their mistake as soon as supervisors started calling up saying 'mass suicide at gosford high blabla bla". If they prescribed sadat id just talk about 3, but even so. Yuk.

I really hope they don't prescribe a Donne poem for Mod A. It would completely screw me.

I'm feeling a speech for mod b. We had to do a speech for speeches in the trials, and it kind of makes sense given that in mod b they want heaps of personal voice
omg. I didn't even think about that. Now i'm even more scared.

DAMN THIS FREAKING THREAD!

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
one thing that i was told no matter what they give you, speech, transcript... it is just an essay with a dress on.
for one of our assessment tasks we had to "imagine that Mary Shelley had time travelled and seen a viewing of Blade Runner, write a letter from Shelley to Scott discussing the difference of values(or something)."

IT WAS HELL, because the majority of us focused on the conext, the values and all that jazz. the majority of us lost alot of marks because of our structure. "A letter is an essay with a dress on."

ergh not looking forward to the modules...

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
"imagine that Mary Shelley had time travelled and seen a viewing of Blade Runner, write a letter from Shelley to Scott discussing the difference of values(or something)."
Hilarious!

We had to write a transcript for our conflicting perspectives assessment task. It was so weird writing a conversation between William Shakespeare, George Orwell and Michael Moore.

Last edited:

biancamarie

HSC
N/A
ah yes. especially if it is maragaret atwood or anwar sadat. sadat is the reason there is no peace in the middle east. they got a quarter of the way through listening to that nonsense and where like... if this is what i have to deal with to have peace... id rather have war.
makes sense huh.

biancamarie

HSC
N/A
i dont get how only asking for one related text is "screwing us over".. we had to learn 3, so only being asked about one just makes it easier. you can still talk about more if you want. chill out

MatildaR

HSC
My teachers are really stressing that they will prescribe a speech. I'd be ok with any of them, except Noel Pearsons, if it's his I will fail.

Also how do you write a reflection?

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
im screwed if they say mention a specific speech, if they do my bet it will be atwood or keating.

it's cruel making us try and be composers. I honestly doubt that composers were thinking, oh galvinsation is in human, lets create a story about it.

i think we all need to get off this thread and start studying for tomorrow morning

and then we shall never have to deal with advanced english again!

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I doubt they'll be too unfair seeing as it is a brand new syllabus. Only one 'alternate' text imo, maybe a feature article, speech or conversation/transcript

sanssouci

HSC
N/A
How do you write an interview? Do you write as a script??, like this;

Interviewer: What do you think of Hamlet?

Interviewee: Its pretty gay, but explores ideas of Mortality yada yada yada...

^IS that how one would write an interview??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)