Will they screw us over for Paper 2? (1 Viewer)

cole-

HSC
N/A
This.

Anything else and I will probably have a seizure-like fit in the middle of our hall.

But that's how I roll.
Damn straight
Let's see how the exam supervisors would deal with that

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
This thread is the result of mass paranoia.

Anyway, seeing that I'm doing two electives/texts that have never been done before 'Exploring Connections' (Mod C) and 'Conflicting Perspectives' (Mod A), it would just be cruel to give us a feature article/transcript/whatever the first year it's been done. The board aren't THAT mean.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
That would sound appropriate for Mod B. But wouldn't your line of argument and everything else be the same? You'd just have to stick in some slang here and there ...
Hmm yes, just follow this structure:
- Introduction: A preface as to the purpose of and/or reason for your letter
- Body: In which you extrapolate (infer from what is known) this purpose and reveal the neccessaary information
- Conclusion: A kind of sign off that bids farewell to the receiver and suggests any action that you, as the composer, would like this person to take

And yeah, incorporate your own personal voice :)

Katherwin

HSC
This thread is pure evil.

I had a massive breakdown this afternoon because of it, about whether they would specify a poem for Module B Gwen Harwood.

So I called two of my english teachers who said its pretty unlikely, you will be fine, and I called the HSC Advise Line and the lady said, yeah, its pretty likely they will do that.

So yay for knowing three out of the seven poems!

I hate my life.

Aeriff

HSC
This thread is the result of mass paranoia.

Anyway, seeing that I'm doing two electives/texts that have never been done before 'Exploring Connections' (Mod C) and 'Conflicting Perspectives' (Mod A), it would just be cruel to give us a feature article/transcript/whatever the first year it's been done. The board aren't THAT mean.
I'm doing the same, except I think you got your modules mixed up. I'm hoping we only need one additional for Mod C cause my second additional isn't all that great.. but it won't be the end of the world if it's two, I'll just do a half-arsed job.

braz_55

HSC
this thread is making me feel like the apocalypse will occur on friday.
Word. I wasn't worried until I read this. Now I'm googling radio transcript and scrambling around hsc online for clues o_O

Triquetral

HSC
I think the main thing everyone has to remember is that being the first year for all these new modules, we dont' have any material to prepare off really, well any official material that is compared to teachers making up questions so they won't be harsh on us this year. I get the feeling one of them will specify only one related text again and that they will all be essays or the one with 1 related text will specify the form we must write in but other than that...they arn't going to be out to get us this year lol its the years after that are screwed :p

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
We were lucky enough to be asked to write three essays for our trials.
This is what I'm hoping for.
This and that they don't ask us to write about a specific Slessor poem because I only really know three really well (or two and a fifth because I refuse to write about the entire Captain Cook poem). I would be devastated if they asked for one of the really random ones I never paid attention to (Elegy in a Botanic Gardens, Sensuality, Sleep). But didn't that happen one year and the Board was criticised about it? That may be an indication that they may not do this again.
But somehow I think there will be some sort of far out insane question for at least one of the modules. I'm hoping that if there is it will be Module C because I've already had to deal with writing a transcript for it anyway and my mark was pretty good.

boxhunter91

HSC
Guys whatever happens, happens. Just do your best. If the whole state does shit that means our marks go up. So guys take it easy know your essays, your notes and whatever. English will be over soon!

Ksubi

HSC
Guys whatever happens, happens. Just do your best. If the whole state does shit that means our marks go up. So guys take it easy know your essays, your notes and whatever. English will be over soon!

dont stress gum nutts. gosh, relax.
its easier than the trials.
todays exam was fine, tomorrows should be FINE.
Chillax your pussyflaps.
goshness

nosh22

HSC
In our trial we had;
Module A - Straight essay
Module B - We had to write 'reflections'
Module C - Straight essay, with which you were meant to disagree with the question. Lol.

Hmmm...... They couldn't possibly do more than one non-essay form? :shoot:

britt16

HSC
I came out of the paper 1 exm and had a chat with my teacher. he told me that one of the questions in fridays paper will seriously mess with our heads. he wasnt sure which one, but he's adament one of them willl.

(Not looking forward to it at all!!)

umm i think your teacher is lying to you, they dont get to look at the exams until we actually start it, so they cant try and help us before hand

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
I predict for Advanced:
Module A - Essay or speech.
Module B - Letter.
Module C - Radio transcript. Will ask for two related texts.
i think that is extremely unlikely.. *PREYS NOT TO JINX*

the first year with new module C topic and a couple of new module B texts
yeeee agree with this.. possibility of them not making it psycho hard on us

one related text would be the shiz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)