Who's doing pharmacy this year? (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
Do the buses from Railway Square stop right at the uni on Paramatta Road?
Do most people just walk from Railway Square, or catch the bus (if they're coming from Central) ?

kumon

HSC
What if I got 150 for STAT and 99.1 Uai??

will i get in to pharmacy???

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
danz90 said:
Do the buses from Railway Square stop right at the uni on Paramatta Road?
Do most people just walk from Railway Square, or catch the bus (if they're coming from Central) ?
Catch any bus that has "Via Parramatta Rd" and press the button once you approach the foot bridge. I'd say alot of students do catch a bus, some still use their t-cards if they can get away with it.

Most poeple walk from Redfern, you will see the constant stream of uni people going to and fro.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hey there everyone :) I'm starting 4th year pharmacy at USYD this year, so if yuo have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm pleasantly surprised at the interest pharmacy is generating in here. Cutoff will be interesting, unfortunately I'm away when offers are released but that'll be one to look for when I return.

Re: walking from Redfern or Central. I would walk from Redfern if you want to walk but not walk that much. First year is all around campus, so I'd say buy a weekly that covers both Redfern and Central stations and just walk on the appropriate day, from whatever station is nearest. If you have any of those nasty 8am biology lectures which I did a long, long time ago, just catch a bus from Central as it's usually at Wallace. Second and third year is at Bosch, which isn't really near to either but I would say is marginally nearer to Redfern. Fourth year I think is in pharmacy building, but as they haven't released timetables yet I'm not sure.

anzengland

HSC
danz90 said:
Hey, have you guys checked out when you would be enrolling for BPharm @ USyd? Check out using this Enrolment Finder

I would be enrolling at 28 Jan 9-10.30am
shit i'm meant to enrol same time but i'm in bali on the 28th...
what do i do?
i think i put my mum down to act for me on the uac thing. but she won't be able to go to sydney just to enrol or whatever
gahhhhh help

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
anzengland said:
shit i'm meant to enrol same time but i'm in bali on the 28th...
what do i do?
i think i put my mum down to act for me on the uac thing. but she won't be able to go to sydney just to enrol or whatever
gahhhhh help
You should be able to enrol later at admissions at Fisher Library. Please check with UAC, etc to be sure of the cut-off date to accepting your offer.

proringz

HSC
danz90 said:
Remember, the UAI Cut-off is the UAI of the lowest ranked person accepted into the course. The way it was explained was, is that basically the UAC System automatically ranks the applicants. For Pharmacy, if the STAT score is 150 and above for a particular candidate, then that candidate is a VALID entry.
So then, the VALID candidates are ranked by UAI. The Faculty of Pharmacy will provide UAC with a quota of candidates (number of positions they are offering), and then UAC will select the top 200, lets say, or however many positions the faculty of pharmacy is offering, and then offer those people a place in BPharm.
The 200th Person accepted (considering that there are 200 places offered by Pharm faculty) determines the cut-off, basically it is that 200th person's UAI.
That's how it works for almost every course. Except for special entrance schemes etc, and other courses like Medicine where Interview and other criteria are involved.
Cool, I never thought of the UAI cut-off for courses in that way - as in it is the last person accepted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)