Who's doing pharmacy this year? (1 Viewer)

ikDG

HSC
oh thanks guys,

also i heard that if you do resit the stat they only take your most recent score? is this true?

danz90

HSC
ikDG said:
oh thanks guys,

also i heard that if you do resit the stat they only take your most recent score? is this true?
I thought that they just take your best score?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
danz90 said:
I just found out:

2009 Undergraduate fees for BPharm @ USyd have dropped! They are now $6011, dropping from around $7416 last year. Must be becoming more of a national priority, so government contributions have increased.
Good News!
i thought you were talking about DFEE just then XD

so that would be a saving of ~$5600- sweet

ikDG

HSC
Wouldn't that be unfair though since applicants can sit every 6 months? If its true, then it'd be pretty risky to resit the test..

danz90

HSC
Deltan said:
i thought you were talking about DFEE just then XD

so that would be a saving of ~$5600- sweet
hey, did you put Pharm @ USyd as ur first pref?

DFEE doesn't exist anymore lol

Out of the blue, I just realised that the best way to get to uni, for Pharm students, mainly because most lectures/tutes would be based around central Camperdown campus, is to just walk down Paramatta Road from Central Station for like 10-15 minutes.

If you go to redfern, its 10-15minutes to Darlington campus, plus another 5-10 to heart of Camperdown campus.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
ikDG said:
oh thanks guys,

they take your highest score

so if u sat the stat 4 times over the 2yr period, they select your best one
pretty much the same with UMAT

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
haha- i just checked mine

IF i get into pharmacy, i will enrol at
10.30am- 12pm on Wednesday 28th

so does each letter get a different time- my last name starts with W, so does that mean that alll the other letters are on the day & time before me?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
ikDG said:
Wouldn't that be unfair though since applicants can sit every 6 months? If its true, then it'd be pretty risky to resit the test..
it just means your going to be wastin even more money
STAT is really just a small obstacle to overcome, nothing compared to UMAT

danz90

HSC
kristydolphins said:
haha- i just checked mine

IF i get into pharmacy, i will enrol at
10.30am- 12pm on Wednesday 28th

so does each letter get a different time- my last name starts with W, so does that mean that alll the other letters are on the day & time before me?
Nah, enrolment is over 3 days.

My last name begins with T, and I'm just before you. So basically we're all slotted in somehow.
They spread everyone out , at different times, so it doesn't become chaos at enrolment.

Hopefully will see you at enrolment ;)

Smithereens

HSC
danz90 said:

DFEE doesn't exist anymore lol

Out of the blue, I just realised that the best way to get to uni, for Pharm students, mainly because most lectures/tutes would be based around central Camperdown campus, is to just walk down Paramatta Road from Central Station for like 10-15 minutes.

If you go to redfern, its 10-15minutes to Darlington campus, plus another 5-10 to heart of Camperdown campus.
Are you sure? Which takes longer? The walk from Central Station to the Quad (which is mighty long, along with the traffic lights along broadway) or from Redfern?

danz90

HSC
Smithereens said:
Are you sure? Which takes longer? The walk from Central Station to the Quad (which is mighty long, along with the traffic lights along broadway) or from Redfern?
Well, from having a look at Google Maps, Central MIGHT be a little quicker?

Have you tried walking from Central? How long did it take you?

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
Smithereens said:
yeah, i wanna know what the fastest way is coz durin o week im gonna try testin out walking from the station 2 da campus :)

EDIT- thanx danz for da enrolment info, hopefully i will see u 2!!!

Last edited:

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
danz90 said:
yes because my parents wanted me to lol
but their happy anyway if i choose to go with my other preferences

Enrolment-
1pm-2.30pm Tuesday 27 January
in the Pharmacy Building

Smithereens

HSC
Well, on Open Day, we walked from the Quad to Central Station. And I think it was a tad longer, considering how long Broadway was, and the amount of people packing into Central Station. And the walk from the Quad to the outside of the campus near Broadway takes about 3-5 mins already. Felt a tad longer than Redfern route.

danz90

HSC
kristydolphins said:
yeah, i wanna know what the fastest way is coz durin o week im gonna try testin out walking from the station 2 da campus :)

EDIT- thanx danz for da enrolment info, hopefully i will see u 2!!!
No probs ;)

I'm also gonna be testing out different routes. I've been thru Redfern twice already. Redfern's a bit annoying with the beggars constantly asking for money...

Would there be a point in catching a bus from Railway Square in Central to USyd? Its less than 2km, isn't it?

Smithereens

HSC
It'd be way faster to catch a bus, but it isn't free though aint it?

And I've never encuntered a beggar yet on the route. Just walk on the paths with the pack of students:)

danz90

HSC
Smithereens said:
Well, on Open Day, we walked from the Quad to Central Station. And I think it was a tad longer, considering how long Broadway was, and the amount of people packing into Central Station. And the walk from the Quad to the outside of the campus near Broadway takes about 3-5 mins already. Felt a tad longer than Redfern route.
I don't mind walking a fair bit anyway... would be good daily exercise.

spence

HSC
danz90 said:
No probs ;)

I'm also gonna be testing out different routes. I've been thru Redfern twice already. Redfern's a bit annoying with the beggars constantly asking for money...

Would there be a point in catching a bus from Railway Square in Central to USyd? Its less than 2km, isn't it?
Redfern and Central are roughly the same distance from uni. I think Central is a bit further, but you can get mX at Central
And I think a fair few people get the bus to USyd from railway square, but its not a long walk

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
the distances are pretty much the same either way, if you study pharmacy all your classes will be in the camperdown campus, so redfern->camperdown = ~25 mins or so. central->cameperdown = ~25 mins. also you will proly have to go to the faculty of pharmacy for enrollment which is right next to the quad.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
spence said:
Redfern and Central are roughly the same distance from uni. I think Central is a bit further, but you can get mX at Central
And I think a fair few people get the bus to USyd from railway square, but its not a long walk
Central is def a longer walk from the uni, it can take up to half an hour. It only takes 20-25min walk to Redfern. There is a thread about this and walking to Redfern in the Usyd forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)