Who's doing pharmacy this year? (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
UltimateSupremo said:
why doesn't unsw offer pharmacy?
Geez, you noobs always want to stupid questions.

They just don't. For a number of possible reasons. It pretty much comes down to supply and demand.
  • UNSW lacks the facilities and space for a pharmacy fac.
  • Lack of teaching staff due to the pharmacy course at CSU and interstate.
  • Cost of developing a program, accreditation, scrutiny, independent approval and then government approval. Often takes 2-3 years. For example UWS med program took 3 years just to develop the first two years curriculum and they are still working on the final two years atm.
  • Lack of interest and viability given Usyd and CSU actually have problems filling places.

-::Sanni::-

HSC
Wooz said:
  • Lack of interest and viability given Usyd and CSU actually have problems filling places.
Yeah, I think a lack of interest in the pharmacy course at CSU caused the UAI cut off to be lowered heaps this year.

HSC
Oh...this sucks *sigh* Most of you are interested in studying Pharmacy at USYD. I think I'm probably the only one excited about studying it at CSU! XD

danz90

HSC
I have this gut-feeling that this year's cut off for BPharm @ USyd might be higher.

-::Sanni::- said:
Oh...this sucks *sigh* Most of you are interested in studying Pharmacy at USYD. I think I'm probably the only one excited about studying it at CSU! XD
Are you going to move to Wagga, or are you studying it at Orange?
Did you apply for USyd?

nchoy

HSC
I am also happy to go to Wagga. I dont think I will make it to USyd this time round

HSC
danz90 said:
I have this gut-feeling that this year's cut off for BPharm @ USyd might be higher.

Are you going to move to Wagga, or are you studying it at Orange?
Did you apply for USyd?
I didn't apply for USyd coz I didn't want to do the STAT test...since I was depressed about my UMAT test at the time T_T

I'm studying it at Wagga. It's an hour away from Coota where I live at the moment. I'm going to have to live with my Mum for the next four years of my life *sigh* because she works in Wagga and she has to travel from Coota to Wagga everyday. So the plan is renting an apartment over at Wagga....which we still haven't found yet *sigh* OH! I hope I get into medicine so I won't have to live with Mum for the next four years.......

Do you live in Sydney? The cut off for USyd's course might be higher but I think you'll definitely get in! XD You're UAI is really high! How did you go with the STAT test? What did it involve anyways?

nchoy

HSC
danz90 said:

I also have the same feeling! That is why I think I will not be able to make it to USyd. Hopefully, I will be accepted by CSU

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Those worried about CSU re: UAI cut off

It doesn't reflect the uni or the degree, just the demand for spaces. CSU is an awesome uni with awesome lecturers, so don't be worried about going to CSU just because it's a country uni.

It holds its own ;)

HSC
nchoy said:
I am also happy to go to Wagga. I dont think I will make it to USyd this time round
Is it possible to transfer from CSU to USyd? O_O They'd be learning the same things wouldn't they?

nchoy

HSC
katie tully said:

It doesn't reflect the uni or the degree, just the demand for spaces. CSU is an awesome uni with awesome lecturers, so don't be worried about going to CSU just because it's a country uni.

It holds its own ;)

Totally agreed! I wanted to go to USyd mainly because I live in Sydney.

nchoy

HSC
Is it possible to transfer from CSU to USyd? O_O They'd be learning the same things wouldn't they?
It is possible but it is very competitive. They said they have about 15 places in second yr reserved for ppl to transfer from other uni/ other courses.

danz90

HSC
Do you live in Sydney? The cut off for USyd's course might be higher but I think you'll definitely get in! XD You're UAI is really high! How did you go with the STAT test? What did it involve anyways?
Yeah, I'm in Sydney.

I'm just guessing that it might be higher, since I've got this gut feeling.
I got 162/200 for STAT, but whether you get 150/200 or 195/200, its the same for admission into Pharmacy, as long as your 150/200 or above, then you're ranked by UAI.

Multiple Choice STAT has 35 comprehension/literative based questions (which are vague and stupid IMO), and 35 mathematical/logical based questions. Its kind of similar to an IQ Test, but not quite. It is easier than UMAT, as I've been told.

Good luck with BPharm @ CSU! And hope to see you in BPharm @ USyd next year, maybe ;)

nchoy, what was your UAI, if you don't mind sharing?

nchoy

HSC
Hi danz, I only got 92.85 UAI. That is virtually no chance to get into USyd.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
nchoy said:
Hi danz, I only got 92.85 UAI. That is virtually no chance to get into USyd.
did u apply for broadway scheme or eas? coz i only got 92.65 but i applied for eas so i may get in (sorta like bonus points)

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
it is possible for transfer and at the usyd pharm lectuire sum1 asked bout this. It is very competitive to transfer, and u may be given some credit for what u have done at CSU however csu & usyd teach certain subjects in a different order (ie different stuff in different years). The lecturer said u would still prob have to do 4 yeqars of Bpharm at usyd on top of what u did at csu :(

nchoy

HSC
kristydolphins said:
did u apply for broadway scheme or eas? coz i only got 92.65 but i applied for eas so i may get in (sorta like bonus points)
NO I had a look at the Broadway Scheme, I dont think I am eligible. Anyway, it is too late now , is it?
What exactly is EAS?

HSC
katie tully said:

It holds its own ;)
Good-oh! ^^ I'm glad! Now i'm even more excited!!! XD I can't wait 'til Feb 23rd! ^^

kristydolphins said:
it is possible for transfer and at the usyd pharm lectuire sum1 asked bout this. It is very competitive to transfer, and u may be given some credit for what u have done at CSU however csu & usyd teach certain subjects in a different order (ie different stuff in different years). The lecturer said u would still prob have to do 4 yeqars of Bpharm at usyd on top of what u did at csu
Oh really? O_O Lol! Then perhaps I may not see you at USyd next year danz90! XD

HSC
kristydolphins said:
Actually another reason why I didn't apply for USyd is because I was afraid my UAI would be much below the cut-off. OMG I felt like this little thing :cold: on the day that the UAI's were released. I swear I thought I was going to get something in the high 80's but I got 93.3 which was...AMAZING for me since I really didn't study as hard as I should have X_X Oh well too late now! ~_~

By the way what is the Broadway scheme and EAS?

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
Actually another reason why I didn't apply for USyd is because I was afraid my UAI would be much below the cut-off. OMG I felt like this little thing :cold: on the day that the UAI's were released. I swear I thought I was going to get something in the high 80's but I got 93.3 which was...AMAZING for me since I really didn't study as hard as I should have X_X Oh well too late now! ~_~

By the way what is the Broadway scheme and EAS?
broadway scheme is usyd version of eas. It is for different things that have affected your senior study, such as financial disadvantage, deaths in the immediate family and it includes some disability or illness.

It can allow u to get like bonus points, that can push your selection rank higher (eg above ppl who have higher uais)

HSC
Oh! Bonus points!!! I did apply for something like that. Mine was because I lived in a rural area --> smaller/no competition --> small library, i.e. poor resources --> and the fact that my year was really small and not many of them wanted to go to university....actually only a couple of them wanted to go....SO the majority didn't try that hard.... T_T

EAS = Educational Access Scheme???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)