Who's doing pharmacy this year? (1 Viewer)

-::Sanni::-

HSC
Hi guys!

I'll be doing the pharmacy course at Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga!!!! I'm excited! XD I'm soooooo very glad I applied for early entry through the PREP (Principle's Reccommendation E.... P.... Oops I've forgotten what they stand for XD) scheme! My first choice was Medicine and UNSW but I completely stuffed up my UMAT so I'm glad I got into pharmacy. I've heard that it invovles a lot of biology and chemistry and I like those two subjects! : )

LOL! I was just wondering who else was doing a pharmacy course.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
yeh 1st year is mainly chem, physiology and microbiology. and a couple of pharm subjects.

be carefull with the pharm subjects, a fair few people failed that.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
-::Sanni::- said:
Hi guys!

I'll be doing the pharmacy course at Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga!!!! I'm excited! XD I'm soooooo very glad I applied for early entry through the PREP (Principle's Reccommendation E.... P.... Oops I've forgotten what they stand for XD) scheme! My first choice was Medicine and UNSW but I completely stuffed up my UMAT so I'm glad I got into pharmacy. I've heard that it invovles a lot of biology and chemistry and I like those two subjects! : )

LOL! I was just wondering who else was doing a pharmacy course.
Im hopefully doin BPharm @USYD- but im already enrolled as a pharmacy student @ CSU ( i dnt really wanna go to CSU). I applied thru PREP too!! (btw, i Think it is Principals Report Entry Program) :)

nchoy

HSC
I have applied pharmcy at both Usyd & CSU too. Yeh I would certainly hope to get into USyd. However, I will still be happy if I could go to CSU as I really want to do Pharmacy!
Did anyone go to the info day yesterday? Apparently, they said the UAI cut off this year is around 93 like last year.

HSC
Oh! I was going to apply for USYD but...the idea of doing another test (STAT test) kinda turned me off -_- since I had to do the UMAT and well it was the HSC year and I was getting sick of the idea being tested so much.... x_X

Plus, pharmacy was an impulsive choice! XD I only really wanted to do it after a health careers day over at CSU!...which was a couple of weeks before the HSC.

To rcr4fags: What kind of things does the pharm subjects involve? o_O

To danz90: Awesome! XD

To kristydolphins: Lol that sounds right! XD

To both kristydolphins and nchoy: If you don't get into USYD, it'd be awesome to meet you guys at orientation day or on the 23rd of Feb when the course actually starts! ^^

danz90

HSC
nchoy said:
I have applied pharmcy at both Usyd & CSU too. Yeh I would certainly hope to get into USyd. However, I will still be happy if I could go to CSU as I really want to do Pharmacy!
Did anyone go to the info day yesterday? Apparently, they said the UAI cut off this year is around 93 like last year.
Really?
I went to a mini-lecture on Pharmacy courses and careers at 1.30pm, and the lady couldn't estimate what the cut-off would be this year.

nchoy

HSC
danz90 said:
Really?
I went to a mini-lecture on Pharmacy courses and careers at 1.30pm, and the lady couldn't estimate what the cut-off would be this year.
Friend of mine attended the 11.am session & I think someone ask that question about UAI & that was how they replied.

dp624

HSC
lol pharmacy is officially my 9th pref.
what's the cutoff for stat and uai?

HSC
dp624 said:
lol pharmacy is officially my 9th pref.
what's the cutoff for stat and uai?
Ahaha! XD No STAT test for pharmacy at CSU and the UAI cut off there was 80.7 ...I'm hoping that isn't meant to reflect that the course is poor quality >_< Well for 2007, I think the cut-off was 90-ish so it has fell a hell of a lot! XD

HSC
-::Sanni::- said:
My first choice was Medicine and UNSW but I completely stuffed up my UMAT so I'm glad I got into pharmacy.
do u really need umat for pharmacy (at unsw) ? if so, what score?

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
nchoy said:
Friend of mine attended the 11.am session & I think someone ask that question about UAI & that was how they replied.
I went to the 11am session, and yea someone asked about the cutoff. However the lady said that the uni thinks the cutoff will be around 93 however they dont really know because they dont know what offers uac has received :)

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
UltimateSupremo said:
do u really need umat for pharmacy (at unsw) ? if so, what score?
to ultimate supremo- unsw doesnt offer pharmacy, and u dnt hav 2 do umat

to dp624- stat has to be above 150, and uai ranges- last year it was 93.15

Last edited:

nchoy

HSC
kristydolphins said:
I went to the 11am session, and yea someone asked about the cutoff. However the lady said that the uni thinks the cutoff will be around 93 however they dont really know because they dont know what offers uac has received :)
How frustrating! I actually rang USyd as well. I am sure they have an idea what it would be, but they jsut would not tell.
2 more weeks of torture!

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
nchoy said:
How frustrating! I actually rang USyd as well. I am sure they have an idea what it would be, but they jsut would not tell.
2 more weeks of torture!
no they dont know.

everyone is still changing their preferences at the last minute.

i doubt UAC give a running update of of many people have put each course as their first preference.

if you ask they will tell you the truth and say they "dont know it can go up or down - supply/demand blah blah"

if you hang around like a bad smell and keep on annyoing them they will say "well similar to last year"

and then if you are really fucken annoying they would say "oh it may drop this year"

they will tell you whatever you want to hear to make u feel better

nchoy

HSC
rcr4fags said:
no they dont know.

everyone is still changing their preferences at the last minute.

i doubt UAC give a running update of of many people have put each course as their first preference.

if you ask they will tell you the truth and say they "dont know it can go up or down - supply/demand blah blah"

if you hang around like a bad smell and keep on annyoing them they will say "well similar to last year"

and then if you are really fucken annoying they would say "oh it may drop this year"

they will tell you whatever you want to hear to make u feel better
Maybe I should really fucking annoy them! LOL HaHaHa

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
yeah, they dnt actually know coz the uni doesnt handle the offers- they just tell uac, for example, we have 200 places for the BPharmacy, and then uac ranks ppl, and makes offers

nchoy

HSC
Well, nothing can be done apart from sitting around & twirling my fingers then!

danz90

HSC
Back at Open Day in August, an academic from the Faculty of Pharmacy told me that if the UAI Cut-off for Pharmacy drops in 2009, they do not expect it to be by much at all. That's IF it drops. It may well go up.

Remember, the UAI Cut-off is the UAI of the lowest ranked person accepted into the course. The way it was explained was, is that basically the UAC System automatically ranks the applicants. For Pharmacy, if the STAT score is 150 and above for a particular candidate, then that candidate is a VALID entry.
So then, the VALID candidates are ranked by UAI. The Faculty of Pharmacy will provide UAC with a quota of candidates (number of positions they are offering), and then UAC will select the top 200, lets say, or however many positions the faculty of pharmacy is offering, and then offer those people a place in BPharm.
The 200th Person accepted (considering that there are 200 places offered by Pharm faculty) determines the cut-off, basically it is that 200th person's UAI.
That's how it works for almost every course. Except for special entrance schemes etc, and other courses like Medicine where Interview and other criteria are involved.

Good luck to everyone with the Main Round offers!

We should organise a meet up for all BoS'ers who are accepted into BPharm @ USyd, so then we start the semester with knowing people already :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)