• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Where is the school dux now? (1 Viewer)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Yeah, tell that to the guy who said: "The majority of responses will also be university related in 10 years time".
If he asks now or 10 years later won't make a difference because most of us won't be around and the majority of the people answering will be recent high school graduates.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if this counts but I was dux of my school (500's lol). I study Adv Nursing at UWS. Im doing well. Everything is okay! No problems at all!

(someone end my suffering its going very badly)

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
If he asks now or 10 years later won't make a difference because most of us won't be around and the majority of the people answering will be recent high school graduates.
Us, as in people here right now, not BoSers in 10 years time.

Obviously most of 'us' will have left, but that's completely and utterly beside the point. My original statement was not intended to be a practical suggestion or taken literally. It was to light-heartedly ridicule such a question because we can pretty much rightly assume most duxes will be in university (and sure, there will be exceptions).

How can you not see that?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Not sure if this counts but I was dux of my school (500's lol). I study Adv Nursing at UWS. Im doing well. Everything is okay! No problems at all!

(someone end my suffering its going very badly)
Please answer these questions if you have time, I'm legit interested :)

Mhhhm

What did you do during recess and lunch?

What was your behaviour like in class?

How did you react when you got your results (Like if people asked you how did you go, how would you respond?)?

Did you ever have any breakdowns?

etc.

EDIT:

Regarding your choice of course, why choose that specific course?

Were you driven by passion if not then what influenced your decision?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
What did you do during recess and lunch? In term 1, I would study in the library. However, when I gave up (lost motivation, and all hope) I did that less. TBH I was working on my major works really, and making appointments with my teachers to get help with my major work.

What was your behaviour like in class? I would always answer questions, and contribute to the classes I was interested in – only 2 (CAFS, Society). The rest, I would just complete the set work.

How did you react when you got your results (Like if people asked you how did you go, how would you respond?)? It was a shock to everyone when I got 3 band 6’s considering how little effort I put in in the months leading to the trials/hsc. I would straight out tell them what I got because the band 6’s I received were never achieved at school – so I made history lol.

Did you ever have any breakdowns? Yes. After term 1, I had a 9 month breakdown. I kept trying and trying, but I just couldn’t maximise my marks, and I was overwhelmed with my major works too.

Regarding your choice of course, why choose that specific course? It actually wasn’t my first preference. My ATAR wasn’t sufficient enough for a direct entry into the B Midwifery. So, I chose ADV Nursing as a pathway to midwifery.

Were you driven by passion if not then what influenced your decision? Location of the uni, and how easy it is for me to internally transfer from nursing to midwifery since the units in the first year are shared between the two courses, so im not really “wasting time”. Also parents.

Last edited:

Ello1234

HSC
Us, as in people here right now, not BoSers in 10 years time.

Obviously most of 'us' will have left, but that's completely and utterly beside the point. My original statement was not intended to be a practical suggestion or taken literally. It was to light-heartedly ridicule such a question because we can pretty much rightly assume most duxes will be in university (and sure, there will be exceptions).

How can you not see that?
I just wanted to see what courses people were doing :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Could've been better to make a 'What degree are you doing?' thread

Since the dux of a school is pretty much going to be only a few things

Or, if you wanted stories, a 'Where have your classmates gone after the HSC?' thread. Now that, I have plenty of stories for. In fact, when I meet up with my school friends - it's pretty much most of what we talk about. 'OMG did you hear she got married?' 'Wait, he's living where now?' etc.

Ello1234

HSC
Could've been better to make a 'What degree are you doing?' thread

Since the dux of a school is pretty much going to be only a few things

Or, if you wanted stories, a 'Where have your classmates gone after the HSC?' thread. Now that, I have plenty of stories for. In fact, when I meet up with my school friends - it's pretty much most of what we talk about. 'OMG did you hear she got married?' 'Wait, he's living where now?' etc.
hmmm yea should have done that :/

D94

HSC
N/A
Haha that's fine, we're just old-ish people fighting to the death.

Anyway, to answer your original question, the dux at my high school is studying Actuarial and Statistics.

photastic

HSC
If you want to be dux simply avoid these answers. (Not a dux just a normal student)

What did you do during recess and lunch? Hijack the canteen for food, talk about random stuff such as Tv shows like GOT and how to avoid exams. Doing an assignment that was due next period.

What was your behaviour like in class? In Maths, I would ask questions and tried to get hints of what is not to be tested in the next exam that way I can study less. In Chemistry, I either jigged class or was asking stupid questions when I was in class or joking around at the back (soz class). In English I just live stream sport and copied my friend's hw. In Physics, I just asked questions that way the teacher wouldn't know that I don't do hw. In SOR, just watched so more youtube videos and Economics, I sometimes napped.

How did you react when you got your results (Like if people asked you how did you go, how would you respond?)? I was still living in the fantasy so when I got my band 5s I swore the f word for a long minute. Otherwise, I got upset except for band 6 English Adv. Luckily not many asked me cos I wasn't really smart but those who asked I just told them but was not my atar of course.

Did you ever have any breakdowns? Not really, too busy watching GOT.

Regarding your choice of course, why choose that specific course? I did it so that I could hide my umat results by doing a course that is still prestigious. However, I stared at the sexy big 4 buildings and realised I want to go into the corporate world. Also I loved analysing problems and wanted to be more interactive with others professionally with high class people and improve my people skills, was a complete bookworm before this year and now everyone tells me I can talk now. Met my High School mate recently and he asked what happened to me haha. :)

Last edited:

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
My school dux is doing law/Science at macq.... After not getting into unsw

Tbh dux means nothing after graduation and I don't get the big deal about it :/

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Regarding the people who said that we should ask what they do in ten years time iirc the dux of some private school (and he topped the state in some commerce related subject) was the author of a Year 11 Economics textbook and it had "a bit about the author" section which said stuff like how he was a speech writer for the Prime Minister, etc.

My teacher also told me that a student he taught back in James Ruse (this was ages ago) came first in the state for both chemistry and physics and when he went to go apply for some research firms in Australia they all rejected him because they thought he was "too good" for them and would eventually transfer to some place like NASA

enoilgam

HSC
Let me guess ... the year 12 dux dobbed him in?
That would be the cops. The genius and several of his lad bum chums got an address list for a bunch of teachers. They then "borrowed" their parents cars and egged several of the teacher's houses. They then got pulled over by the cops with a bunch of eggs in the car - the police put two and two together and then they were gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)