What should the '10 Year do right now? (1 Viewer)

inedible

HSC
What should the current year 11 do right now. We finished the preliminary course, but haven't started the HSC course. So my question is should we be revising the preliminary course or starting the HSC course by ourselves, or practicing some exam techniques? (writing essays, timing ourselves all the other mundane things)

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
have fun!!!! enjoy these last holidays before you hit yr 12

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
hehe I'm in '01 year and I'm studying.
I don't want to come regretting the fact that I haven't studied.

Find out which subjects you need to improve on, and use these holidays to work on them! so like for me, I need to work on Maths as it will significantly impact on my ATAR/UAI. and believe me, losing five marks in an exam can be a drop from first rank to 10th rank.
I also need to work on English.. but like it's Standard, so I'm not too worried about that.

I would start on the HSC course

Paradox.101

HSC
hehe I'm in '01 year and I'm studying.
I don't want to come regretting the fact that I haven't studied.

Find out which subjects you need to improve on, and use these holidays to work on them! so like for me, I need to work on Maths as it will significantly impact on my ATAR/UAI. and believe me, losing five marks in an exam can be a drop from first rank to 10th rank.
I also need to work on English.. but like it's Standard, so I'm not too worried about that.

I would start on the HSC course
A little of this...

don't do anything.
and a bit of this... :D

Sean432

HSC
Get a life, that's my advice, doing work in the term 3 break before the HSC even starts is a complete waste of time.

NewiJapper

HSC
get smashed. forget what happened that night. do it all again the next. its like a mini schoolies. :D

seriously, you dont even need to study. You spend the first week going over tests :p

i mean im going away for the first two weeks of school in term 4 anyway, im not the slightest bit worried.

Lukybear

HSC
Im currently splurging on all the things that should be done during the holidays.... games sports etc, and doing no study at ALL. But i recon slowly, ill move back to study during the 2nd wk.

ptrgrgry

HSC
Honestly just relax. If you must do something you can:

- read/view your English prescribed texts
- read into any of your humainites subjects e.g. read about the frontline or the rise of the Third Reich for Modern History
- briefly read over any study guides for math or science
- research some ideas for any major work(s) you may have e.g. Englsih Ext. 2, DT, IPT, Art, Music, Drama, etc

Since I'm doing Englsih Ext. 2, I think I'll enter some writing competitions, engage in some wide reading (okay, that sounded very cliche) etc. to practice my skills as a writer.

I think if you're going to get ahead in any subject, math is probably the one to do it in. I say this because math is more of a skill rather than content so throughout the year you won't be learning too many new concepts but instead will be polishing that very important skill. (If that makes any sense!)

Don't worry too much about it though, you don't want a nervous breakdown mid term 4. :D

Last edited:

s2bbycarO_

HSC
Mostly studying and organising my time before HSC course starts. And going out with friends here and there.

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
\
I think if you're going to get ahead in any subject, math is probably the one to do it in. I say this because math is more of a skill rather than content so throughout the year you won't be learning too many new concepts but instead will be polishing that very important skill. (If that makes any sense!)

Don't worry too much about it though, you don't want a nervous breakdown mid term 4. :D
haha I don't want a nervous breakdown, so that's why I'm going to study these holidays :D
umm yes, I agree that Maths is the best to study ahead. If you learn the stuff early, you will have more time to master the exam style questions + techniques while other people are still learning the theory :devil:

parawhoree

HSC
tbqh find texts that have reference to the concept of belonging and not belonging. choose good texts with lots of techniques.

be original with your choices. compile a list, make sure you have:
-link to belonging
-quotes that show belonging
-techniques that show belonging or not belonging

hope that helps... believe me you'll thank me when you start your HSC english course.

saberbladexx

HSC
I'm gonna study some hsc bio and chem, make syllabus dot point notes and revise.

HSC
Relax. Our teachers told us these holidays are very important so we dont get burnt out for year 12. Amongst all the sleep, movies etc, doing some light reading for english/history or thinking about ideas for major works and reading syllabuses is really all you can do and would definitely help, but that doesn't mean going crazy with work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)