What are the chances of being asked for 2 related texts for each module question? (1 Viewer)

coralie1994

HSC
Looking at recent past papers for standard eng, and just noticed, the module questions only ask for a single related text. Is this the new trend now or are they bound to ask for 2 related text this time?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
2 related texts is highly unlikely... for AOS or modules , i've never seen it before O.O.... (They normally say one or more).

Module a: 1 related text, possibly 2

Module b: no related text, close study

Module c: 1 related text, possibly 2

enoilgam

HSC
Its possible that they could ask for "at least one". But I'm not sure if they can directly ask for two.

themanman

HSC
N/A
2 related texts is highly unlikely... for AOS or modules , i've never seen it before O.O.... (They normally say one or more).

Module a: 1 related text, possibly 2

Module b: no related text, close study

Module c: 1 related text, possibly 2
lol what?
since when do they ever ask for a related for module a?

is this standard?

MadGold777

HSC
I'm also saying for Module C: High chance of being asked for 2 Related texts!

coralie1994

HSC
Thank guys! :) and also for distinctively visual, would 'paradise road' be a decent related text or does it replicate the story plot of 'shoehorn' too much?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ofc they do........
Module a: Distinctively Visual.......

Didn't you know??
Module A is actually Experience Through Language and the electives are Distinctively Visual and Distinctive Voices.
Btw, Module A: Probably be AT LEAST ONE
Module B: None. (Someone in my trial used a related text and I nearly died of laughter when the marker told us. Hahahahahahahahahahaha)
Module C: Probably AT LEAST ONE.
I think it's more likely that they'll specify ONE than TWO but mostly likely will be AT LEAST ONE.
AOS is a different story. I really have no idea. I cbf thinking about the AOS essay because I know I'm going to fail because The Crucible sucks balls.

artosis

HSC
i went into my trials with 1 related for every essay. (aos and modules) [was gunna make up a text and quotes if it asked for two]
gambled paid off. all of them required one related text.

Now i just spent over half my holidays getting my 2nd related text analysed for all my essays.
i hope a lot of the questions ask for 2, otherwise ill be pissed

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Module A is actually Experience Through Language and the electives are Distinctively Visual and Distinctive Voices.
Btw, Module A: Probably be AT LEAST ONE
Module B: None. (Someone in my trial used a related text and I nearly died of laughter when the marker told us. Hahahahahahahahahahaha)
Module C: Probably AT LEAST ONE.
I think it's more likely that they'll specify ONE than TWO but mostly likely will be AT LEAST ONE.
AOS is a different story. I really have no idea. I cbf thinking about the AOS essay because I know I'm going to fail because The Crucible sucks balls.
Ahh yeah i forgot, we do different modules for A :)...

LOL ESHAYZZZZ .... MODULE B LOOOOOL.. omg... that defeats the whole purpose of 'Close study of a text'..

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I was under the impression that only the AOS and module C require related text(s).

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
I'd say the trend is towards asking for ONE or AT LEAST ONE, but you never know they love throwing new things.

yew

HSC
past few years theyve been saying "at least ONE". but remember buddy that your related texts are your decider, everyone else is doing the chosen text but only you (and a few others) are analysing those supplementary texts, you gotta nail it. so do 2

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone doing Owen for Module B?
I am, brah. It'll probably be my best section. :)

LOL ESHAYZZZZ .... MODULE B LOOOOOL.. omg... that defeats the whole purpose of 'Close study of a text'..
I know!!! Hahaha. The kid is legit an eshays kind of guy too. Hahaha
The question asked how Owen did something too. How the fuck can you relate that to a related text? Hahaha

I'd say the trend is towards asking for ONE or AT LEAST ONE, but you never know they love throwing new things.
They don't really like throwing off standard but I guess they try and make the standard and advanced papers on the same scale so they might ask for it but I don't think so.
A different text type is more likely.

past few years theyve been saying "at least ONE". but remember buddy that your related texts are your decider, everyone else is doing the chosen text but only you (and a few others) are analysing those supplementary texts, you gotta nail it. so do 2
Or just do one unusual one really well.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
my mum gives me this echinacea syrup. Tastes like crap but it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)