USYD scholarships (1 Viewer)

Winn

HSC
With shortlisted people, there are 2 things that can happen...

You get to interview OR you don't get to interview.

But whether you get interview or not, they still go through application again for those shortlisted people once HSC result comes out I think
I think the interviews are only for science and agriculture courses.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Woot i got shortlisted! Not that i'm going to Usyd but getting shortlisted is nice XD

No interviews for engineering~

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Didn't get a letter, but I called up, and the woman told me I got shortlisted. :)

NB: Any Arts kids that haven't received letters, call up USyd scholraships. Chances are, the fact that you haven't received a letter is a good thing, because for Arts, only rejection letters have been sent out - no shortlisted letters have gone out yet. :)

Winn

HSC
Didn't get a letter, but I called up, and the woman told me I got shortlisted. :)

NB: Any Arts kids that haven't received letters, call up USyd scholraships. Chances are, the fact that you haven't received a letter is a good thing, because for Arts, only rejection letters have been sent out - no shortlisted letters have gone out yet. :)
Congrats!!

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I haven't received any kind of notification either so I called the office about ten minutes ago and found out that I got shortlisted in Arts :).

Aerath's right -- if you're in Arts and haven't gotten anything yet your best bet is to call up. They're in the process of mailing them out but apparently there have been some delays.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I haven't received any kind of notification either so I called the office about ten minutes ago and found out that I got shortlisted in Arts :).

Aerath's right -- if you're in Arts and haven't gotten anything yet your best bet is to call up. They're in the process of mailing them out but apparently there have been some delays.
Congratulations. :)

annikab

HSC
I got placed on the Scholarship Reserves List...which means I can only get a scholarship if someone ranked above me is unable to take up theirs :( Hopefully I get a smoking ATAR so I can increase my chances....

pearling

HSC
N/A
^Dont fret too much I'm sure there are people who get other scholarships/coop at other unis and people who get into med would turn down usyd scholarships so dont lose hope!

So there's a shortlist and reserve list - does that mean so long as you get 95 ATAR and you're on shortlist you're guaranteed an entry/merit scholarship??

Winn

HSC
Regarding the shortlisting process-
I think the shortlist does guarantee a scholarship, as long as you get 95+ ATAR.

"Applications for University of Sydney Scholarships for school leavers are assessed and shortlists are compiled before the ATARs are released. ATARs are checked when available to make sure that the short listed applicants have reached the minimum required level (95) for the scholarship.
"

-Usyd Scholarships FAQ

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I think the letter of the shortlist clearly says that they are going to look at your application again.

pearling

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the responses everyone but i guess we will never really know..

I just thought the shortlist has already been "culled" and they will cull the reserve list for extra people to make up numbers if people on shortlist reject offer/do not get 95.

Best of luck to everybody!

wendybird

HSC
Shortlisted for the Arts faculty :drink:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)