USYD scholarships (1 Viewer)

auxx

HSC
i got shortlisted for engineering, awesome 2 hour job :p

does this mean i've secured the scholarship (presuming i get a course offer) or do i have to go through an interview process?
Hey congrats man, i got short listed for engineering aswell.
Well i can confirm there is no interview, but i think u need to pass the threshold atar of 95 to be confirmed i think. can someone please second that.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Hey congrats man, i got short listed for engineering aswell.
Well i can confirm there is no interview, but i think u need to pass the threshold atar of 95 to be confirmed i think. can someone please second that.
Yes you do need over 95 ATAR but that does not necessarily confirm it.
The letter says that they will review the applications of the shortlisted people who get over 95.
So I guess it will be a mixture of ATAR, application and your "commitment to course" that will determine whether you are confirmed recipient.

untouchablecuz

HSC
Yes you do need over 95 ATAR but that does not necessarily confirm it.
The letter says that they will review the applications of the shortlisted people who get over 95.
So I guess it will be a mixture of ATAR, application and your "commitment to course" that will determine whether you are confirmed recipient.
dam, auxx got me happy for a second :p

anyone know how likely you are to get a scholarship if shortlisted?

cerys

because i can.
HSC
i got shortlisted for engineering, awesome 2 hour job :p

does this mean i've secured the scholarship (presuming i get a course offer) or do i have to go through an interview process?

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

untouchablecuz

HSC
got my letter today, and got shortlisted. They go through all the apps again after ATAR's come out, to sort between merit people and entry people, and to cut anyone who doesn't get over 95...

i called usyd on friday, they said wait till tuesday to call them - but might as well call today...
do you know anything about the ratio of entry:merit?

also, does a higher ATAR result in a higher chance of getting a merit scholarship? or is the ATAR merely an obstacle?

Winn

HSC
=/ I feel rejected.
Do they send out rejection letters as well?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i think it's 100 entry and 50 merit across all fields. I have read that many times somewhere..

jacq093

HSC
ALL ENGO SCHOLARSHIP PEOPLE

just thought i'd let you know that i called them up just now - apparently the engineering faculty is still in the process of shortlisting - some people have received letters while others haven't.

All we can do is wait :/
:uhhuh:

Winn

HSC
ALL ENGO SCHOLARSHIP PEOPLE

just thought i'd let you know that i called them up just now - apparently the engineering faculty is still in the process of shortlisting - some people have received letters while others haven't.

All we can do is wait :/
:uhhuh:
Thanks for that- although I got my letter just then...I AM SHORTLISTED!!!:D
Lol at all that "impressed by your achievements" crap at the start of the letter. I almost thought it was a rejection letter lmao.

EDIT: My letter was dated 25th Nov. The reason it took so long was that they wrote "NSW" instead of "SA" in my address...I am surprised it got through!

Last edited:

pearling

HSC
N/A
i think it's 100 entry and 50 merit across all fields. I have read that many times somewhere..
Just wanted to clarify this: is there a total of 150 merit and entry scholarships across the whole university or do each faculty have 150 scholarships?? Sorry I'm confused since I thought different faculties have different amount of funding/budget and if 150 scholarships across uni - wouldn't it mean only like max 20 per faculty? Hope someone can explain ^^;;

Winn

HSC
Just wanted to clarify this: is there a total of 150 merit and entry scholarships across the whole university or do each faculty have 150 scholarships?? Sorry I'm confused since I thought different faculties have different amount of funding/budget and if 150 scholarships across uni - wouldn't it mean only like max 20 per faculty? Hope someone can explain ^^;;
I am pretty sure it says on the uni website that there is 150 across the whole uni.
Otherwise its just way too many scholarships, lol.

Winn

HSC
I can't seem to find out an explicit explanation on this whole scholarship selection system. So what happens if you are shortlisted?
I remember reading somewhere that your position in the shortlist (which determines whether you get Entry or Merit) is determined before the ATAR results are out. Hence from my understanding, you have pretty much secured a scholarship if you are shortlisted, provided you get 95+ ATAR.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
@_@

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
With shortlisted people, there are 2 things that can happen...

You get to interview OR you don't get to interview.

But whether you get interview or not, they still go through application again for those shortlisted people once HSC result comes out I think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)