Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Randox

HSC
N/A
Lol that segueway into barriers.
Well I was arguing that the context of the characters (and the attitudes surrounding them) were a barrier for their belonging... Is that bad :(

CM07

HSC
Well I was arguing that the context of the characters (and the attitudes surrounding them) were a barrier for their belonging... Is that bad :(
It just seems a little preprepared otherwise it sounds fine to me. Don't take my word for it though, i'm no marker.

ForOneEon

In a tree, in a well. Who knows where I possibly d
HSC
Your thesis seems fine, as long as you supported it throughout your response and kept a good flow, you should be within the Band 6 range.
(Also, I need to learn how to multi-quote rather than double post.)

Randox

HSC
N/A
Your thesis seems fine, as long as you supported it throughout your response and kept a good flow, you should be within the Band 6 range.
(Also, I need to learn how to multi-quote rather than double post.)
Thnx :)

DancingAnz

HSC
Hahahaha I didn't even have a thesis... Can't even remember what I wrote. I feel sorry for the poor examiner who has to read whatever crap I wrote!

Dec96

HSC
Did you write a fair bit? I hear that some markers deduct marks if the response is too short i.e. 6-7 pages in the writing booklet.
There is nothing in the marking rubric that specifies length in oder to get into any kind of band. It's all about having a perceptive thesis that links to the question with good textual and conceptual analysis to back it up... people can achieve that in a different range of page lengths, doesn't matter.

headshotchimp

HSC
i prepared exactly for choices and barriers (said negative attitudes of others imposes barriers on individuals), and fucking aced it got 8 pages down and just finished short answers and creative lol

CM07

HSC
Did you write a fair bit? I hear that some markers deduct marks if the response is too short i.e. 6-7 pages in the writing booklet.
I don't understand how people can write so much... I wrote just under 5 pages (~1100 words). Maybe my writing is just small.

Dabzz

HSC
My thesis was the attitudes of others may conflict with the attitude of the individual, and it is therefore the choice of the individual to overcome the attitudes of others (as barriers) in order to belong.

Used ST PATS- the mother's attitude, the religious teachings of the school (as an attitude)
And In the Folk Museum- the caretaker.

HSC
I had gone through the past papers for belonging so far...and I had predicted that this year, the belonging essay will be a question about choices in belonging.

My prediction was correct!!!

I have never felt so proud of myself in my LIFE!!
(Despite having slightly screwed up Section I.)

headshotchimp

HSC
hahaha man i predicted it to. i just went through each past paper and looked at every rubric point already used and canceled them out. i was left with perceptions are shaped within historical social cultural contexts and choices and barriers. fuck i'm proud 2

HSC
hahaha man i predicted it to. i just went through each past paper and looked at every rubric point already used and canceled them out. i was left with perceptions are shaped within historical social cultural contexts and choices and barriers. fuck i'm proud 2
Haha...it was even better for me coz my pre-prepared essay was on choices...

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Question was fairly broad/adaptable and I managed to use my prepared essay with a different thesis. :biggrin:

sugartits

HSC
Fuck I never knew I was suppose to write my prescribed text on the cover of the booklet, and I had special provisions and the supervisor didn't say too in his opening 'No Cheating' speech, nor did it say it on the paper, will this make a difference?

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Fuck I never knew I was suppose to write my prescribed text on the cover of the booklet, and I had special provisions and the supervisor didn't say too in his opening 'No Cheating' speech, nor did it say it on the paper, will this make a difference?
I didn't either...the supervisor just told me to write "English Standard" on the cover when I asked her wtf? :blink2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)