Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

zhusalmz

HSC
not sure if Serious. all I did was put my student number + amount of booklets I used for each question. Were we really meant to put our prescribed texts too?

sugartits

HSC
not sure if Serious. all I did was put my student number + amount of booklets I used for each question. Were we really meant to put our prescribed texts too?
I'm serious buddy, cause of my special provisions I was in a separate room, and after reading on here and texting a friend in the main room, apparently they were told to write their prescribed text on the cover of their essay during the 'Bring notes in is cheating and no penalty if you declare it now' speech.

Now i'm freaking out, but then the more I think of it the more it seems to be that it just makes it more convenient for the marking centre as to who marks it (e.g. A teacher familiar with my text)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm serious buddy, cause of my special provisions I was in a separate room, and after reading on here and texting a friend in the main room, apparently they were told to write their prescribed text on the cover of their essay during the 'Bring notes in is cheating and no penalty if you declare it now' speech.

Now i'm freaking out, but then the more I think of it the more it seems to be that it just makes it more convenient for the marking centre as to who marks it (e.g. A teacher familiar with my text)
You'll be fine, it's for convenience and nothing else.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Yes, we were told to at the end of the exam. (After everything had been collected, so they had to re-distribute lol). Oh well, it wasn't your fault!

yasminee96

HSC

Yeah we were told to write our PT on the front for the essay, and to write which stimulus we choose at the front for section2. Don't freak out though - it probably is just for the ease of the Marking Centre, and i'm sure they'll be able to pick it up by looking at your intro anyway :)

sugartits

HSC
Yeah we were told to write our PT on the front for the essay, and to write which stimulus we choose at the front for section2. Don't freak out though - it probably is just for the ease of the Marking Centre, and i'm sure they'll be able to pick it up by looking at your intro anyway :)
Thx, and I'm pretty sure I got the same supervisor tomorrow, so I guess I better take the initiative and write my texts on the outside anyway?

zhusalmz

HSC

wasn't questioning you, not sure if srs was more of a collective sigh at the stupidity of our supervisors. started 20 minutes late, gave us the wrong booklets and now this

casejamo95

HSC
haha yeah same as me
anyone who did skrzynecki can u tell me what attitudes you talked about thanks
I talked about the sales person in Feliks Skrzynecki, The ancestors, and the people who run the migrant hostel.
Half my essay was about people making their own choice to belong and the other half was about how these choices can also be influenced by others.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I talked about the sales person in Feliks Skrzynecki, The ancestors, and the people who run the migrant hostel.
Half my essay was about people making their own choice to belong and the other half was about how these choices can also be influenced by others.

In Feliks Skrzynecki = both make their own individual decisions
Migrant Hostel = influenced by other migrants around them

Kowther

HSC
Thank God I'm not the only one who did this.

Now that I think about it, my thesis shouldve been that others may prevent belonging through barriers and it is up to an individual whether he removes them or not.
I was initally going to agree with the statement but it didn't help some of my Skrzynecki poems, I was going to disagree but it didn't help my related text

spresto

HSC
If you use 2, they mark both and see which is the best, and they will give you the better mark and disregard the other one.
but yes, essentially they will only use one of them.

RafH

HSC
Uni Grad
My thesis: While belonging is a matter of choice, barriers to belong, as driven by the attitudes at the time, ultimately shape one's sense of self.
pretty much did the same thing but worded more dumb =P

used feliks and st pats

for all 3 texts, talked about how the child's ignorant attitudes [towards their parents desires] drives them to choose to alienate themselves [from polish culture, school community...and chinese community for related]

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Just out of interest, I went to a lecture today where a head marker for Ext. One directly referenced this thread as an example of bullshit on BOS (regarding what happens if you do extra ORTs). I know it's a bit late now, but be reassured that the marker reads the whole essay and marks the whole essay, even if there's two ORTs where one was specified.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Just out of interest, I went to a lecture today where a head marker for Ext. One directly referenced this thread as an example of bullshit on BOS (regarding what happens if you do extra ORTs). I know it's a bit late now, but be reassured that the marker reads the whole essay and marks the whole essay, even if there's two ORTs where one was specified.
Well no shit they read the essay, but do they mark it with absolutely NO disadvantage? ie. can someone doing two related's get 15/15? I doubt it.

SerNichols

HSC
Doing the crucible for 2014 ,I would appreciate the people that did crucible in 2013 to email me their notes/essays
please

Alycee_

HSC
N/A
I was wondering if anyone knew any really good poems that explored similar characteristics from The Cruiclble?
My teacher recommends doing a poem, but I want to do one that I understand well, so I get good marks! Thanks

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Well no shit they read the essay, but do they mark it with absolutely NO disadvantage? ie. can someone doing two related's get 15/15? I doubt it.
That's what she said, the only disadvantage is that you sacrifice some time that could have been devoted to a more thorough treatment of one text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)