Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

HSC
Best part of the paper. Best question.
How much did you all write for this section?

DJ696

HSC
I did 9 pages on the essay :) it wasn't that bad

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Cheer up, kill tomorrow and it won't have a major impact on your atar overall.
+1 and don't forget you're not the only one who did it so the state average will go down :)

bunnypacman

HSC
If you just write your prepared essay and only refer to the question once then you're pretty much automatically dropped to a band 4.

nifkeh

HSC
like trials, I spent one hour on this question LOL

but I do dickinson and it fit well with my prepared response, only thing I took ages was because I couldn't remember my essay word for word on point (I finished my essay just yesterday, starting memorising at 9.10pm lol)

SuperMike96

HSC
I wrote 5 pages for this section. Could have written so much more if I wasn't a slow writer.

Ben W95

HSC
I thought the last time they asked for TWO was in 2008, considering the huge uproar in 2009.
I had four different texts and one worked (I think) brilliantly, so I think I went okay in it. Essay writing is definitely not my strong point.

Why would you only prepare for two though? You should have multiple examples from either two regardless, meaning you should be able to pull two examples from whichever one fits best to answer the question.

sirjackiee

HSC
Question does not specify ONLY one. It just says refer to one however, my English teachers say it's fine if you did two and to consider the question as 'at least one'. Hopefully this is not just false hope for myself but she reassured me they will mark both related, if not they'll choose your best.

ncoul

HSC
Were we able to answer the 'choices' and 'attitudes' independently to how to they contribute to a deepened sense of belonging?
Anything is allowed as long as it demonstrates engagement and a perceptive understanding of the question. E.g. I discussed that despite choice there exists confrontation and irreconcilable attitudes that disenchant individuals/therein give rise to conventionalism, yet chronologically discussing how dickinson comes to remove such elements by consigning belonging to the human condition. Etc.

hjed

HSC
Question does not specify ONLY one. It just says refer to one however, my English teachers say it's fine if you did two and to consider the question as 'at least one'. Hopefully this is not just false hope for myself but she reassured me they will mark both related, if not they'll choose your best.
Sorry, it does say only one. They'll probably mark your best one. So depending on how much you wrote you could be fine.

I've posted the paper here http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=312435

Web Addict

HSC
I've got a feeling that the Board of Studies is going to troll and make us use 2 related texts for Module C because everyone will be expecting one related text due to this essay.

sirjackiee

HSC
As I said, doesn't say ONLY. Also does not specify if two are allowed. I trust my head teacher and it'll be fine

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
As I said, doesn't say ONLY. Also does not specify if two are allowed. I trust my head teacher and it'll be fine
Refer to one other text sounds like just one to me tbh.

They would have said at least one otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)