School Captains - bonus points?? (1 Viewer)

Mr bakr

HSC
Hi I was just wondering if someone could clarify whether or not school captains get bonus UAI points?

I've heard rumours but i would really like to know for sure...

Simo91

HSC
Do you have to apply for it or anything? or do UNSW find this out?

Mr bakr

HSC
Thanks Everyone. And does anyone know if there are any other schemes similar to this at other uni's?

I was School Captain so i would really appreciate the help of getting any form of bonus points :)

Simo91

HSC
In your sig it says you are hoping to get into medicine. On the UNSW page it says you can't get the bonus points for a B Medicine or B Surgery course. Although it may be different at other unis.

Might be something you want to check out.

HSC
shouldv'e participated in becoming school captain :mad1:

but i'll doubt that i'll be one anyways lol

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
shouldv'e participated in becoming school captain :mad1:

but i'll doubt that i'll be one anyways lol
I'm glad i never even applied, they have to do so much stuff at my school and the amount of classes they miss is just too much.

speedofsound

HSC
ahahahah hahahahaha oh my god that is the worst excuse for bonus points i have seen.

astroe

HSC
I mean, obviously people didn't just stand there if they're Captain.
It shows that they did at least something. And even if they didn't really do anything, they're cunning enough to play the politics game and win, by gaining the popularity vote. :haha:
Whether it was through cunning school politics or actual effort, you should be recognised for being a school captain. It demonstrates that you have some kind of leadership skills, albeit not necessarily ethical. Employers look for this. :p

Regardless of my first point, Captaincy is an extra curricular activity, regardless of whether you see worth in it or not.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
I mean, obviously people didn't just stand there if they're Captain.
It shows that they did at least something. And even if they didn't really do anything, they're cunning enough to play the politics game and win, by gaining the popularity vote. :haha:
Whether it was through cunning school politics or actual effort, you should be recognised for being a school captain. It demonstrates that you have some kind of leadership skills, albeit not necessarily ethical. Employers look for this. :p

Regardless of my first point, Captaincy is an extra curricular activity, regardless of whether you see worth in it or not.
What if its who ever a certain teacher likes more?

astroe

HSC
Then they should get a point for knowing how to kiss ass and for successfully playing the teacher-student politics game. :p

I don't know the systems at other schools but our ballot is a student based thing, anyone who wishes to apply can, you don't necessarily have had to been a SRC member or something.

HSC
I'm glad i never even applied, they have to do so much stuff at my school and the amount of classes they miss is just too much.
thats so true. they do ALOT and half the time arent in class or dont even have the time to study because theyre preparing other school things

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
wow, maybe i should've gone all the way through with my AMEB stuff. I missed my first choice by about 1 or 2 points.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Wow bonus points for being the headmaster's favourite student!
What a great idea!
At most schools it's not. It's whoever has the best speech, and has gained the popularity of the students. Headmasters opinion really doesn't count for much in most electorial circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)