School Captains - bonus points?? (1 Viewer)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
At most schools it's not. It's whoever has the best speech, and has gained the popularity of the students. Headmasters opinion really doesn't count for much in most electorial circumstances.
Not well acquainted with the majority of snobby private schools, I see.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
thats so true. they do ALOT and half the time arent in class or dont even have the time to study because theyre preparing other school things
What about the ones who don't really do anything?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Not well acquainted with the majority of snobby private schools, I see.
Oh I know about them. It's just they don't represent the majority of schools.</SPAN>

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
It's whoever has the best speech, and has gained the popularity of the students. Headmasters opinion really doesn't count for much in most electorial circumstances.
wtf?

how bout the most presentable student (best grooming and neat uniform) - they're only role models

not like they motivate people and shit

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I know the captains at my school did pretty much shit all, but that's just my school.

Mr bakr

HSC
Uh Thanks for the help guys. I don't think this should become a thread where captains are bagged out - that's just slack.

So if you know of any more ways captains can get bonus points then go ahead and post - it would be much appreciated if you didn't write anything offensive.

Thank You.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
its just a popularity contest, you dont get picked judged on academic, sporting or community acheivment, just who's got the most friends, well yeh thats my school

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
At my school, captains aren't jsut the most popular kids. The teachers (and of course principal) get to vote too and their votes are worth a lot.

The captains at my school are overloaded with work and are always getting out of class XD

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I'd rather see people get bonus points for this than half the shit most people end up getting them for...

Stop your whining, You all sound like the type of people who are all cut just because the whole world doesn't think as much of you as your mother does.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I'd rather see people get bonus points for this than half the shit most people end up getting them for...

Stop your whining, You all sound like the type of people who are all cut just because the whole world doesn't think as much of you as your mother does.
I truly don't care that I am not a school captain/prefect/whatever.

But I do realise that the system at my school is ridiculously corrupt. At my school (if you can call it that..) you become a captain dependent on your last name, or how much money mummy and daddy have donated to the 'voluntary building fund', or if your parent (or parents) are part of the alumni.

Rarely the people who deserve it get it, which is kind of a shame. So I don't think it makes sense for you to be able to get extra ATAR points.

bettina44

HSC
unlikely - there's a helluva lot of prefects out there when you consider it....

although unsw awards bonus points for heaps of random extra curricular stuff - you just have to apply for it (iirc)
on second thought yeah your right mlc does have 99 prefects out of a 130-40 in the year...

liquid-tension

HSC
Theirs alot of sledging going on here.
im a captain at my school "was".
My system was to elect the leaders through speeches then we have a second round between the winners to vote and see who gets what.
Their was alot of work involved it was no cake walk. Missing classes, lost work. spending nights at a time on school events etc.
I think the bonus point is worth it. It shows leadership aspects in a students (hard work blah blah blah)

kyokaku92

HSC
lol wtf!? NICE!! I get 4 bonus points for passing AmusA :D:D:D (haha might enrol to UNSW)
This sure beats being school captain.

harryc

HSC
I was school captain this year, and as far as I know, there wasn't really much available in the way of bonus points - although that's fair enough. I didn't exactly do much, just ran a few assemblies, showed up to certain events and met with the principal on occasion.

vantastic

HSC
i was vice captain this year, and i did a shit load! even still, the captains had a hell of a lot more than i did. they really deserve any marks given out. it wasn't based upon popularity at our school, we had to make a speech to make it into the prefecture (if thats a word haha), and i'm certainly not the msot popular or unpopular. some of the popular ppl that wnated to get in didn't, and so that showed that it was taken seriosuly by the yr 12s and teachers. then those that got into the prefects went for an interview with a panel of four, our year advisor, a previous captain, the principal and the SRC teacher. from then it was up to them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)