Parents reaction to you not making it? (2 Viewers)

Blaz-357

HSC
lol WOW UR mum let u drop maths altogether...wow! i want ur mum haha sounds kool :p I mentioned dropping maths to my mum and she was like, NO WAY!

danal353

HSC
My dad wanted me to do four units of maths... I'm glad I only did two

ashllis92

HSC
well, my parents will be kinda disappointed if i get under 90 but i know ill be devastated if i get under 97 so... i probably wouldnt notice
They have said a million times that they're so proud of me and the effort ive put in so i dont think theyll get angry or make me feel shit which is good... they know that the ATAR is only one way of getting into uni and i have a lot of back up plans

danal353

HSC
well, my parents will be kinda disappointed if i get under 90 but i know ill be devastated if i get under 97 so... i probably wouldnt notice
They have said a million times that they're so proud of me and the effort ive put in so i dont think theyll get angry or make me feel shit which is good... they know that the ATAR is only one way of getting into uni and i have a lot of back up plans
agreed. I only need 95.8 for ANU but I still want a higher ATAR

ozziguy

HSC
they know I've actually been working hard and trying so even if I didnt make it they wouldnt care.

flyace

HSC
i don't know what to do after hsc . lol

im for real -_-

ben150891

HSC
I'm only aiming to get a 70 ATAR i would be happy with that. all you people saying like anything less than 97 is disappointing makes me feel bad already. But I'm not sure how my parents are going to react. If i go bad they will be upset for me but they won't be mad at me or anything. Maybe they will say you should have studied more. but oh well

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
My parents have been downplaying my expectations all year and I know that as long as I eventually end up doing what I want they'll be perfectly happy. No pressure from them at all.

Me, on the other hand ... well, that's a different story :((.

disquettes

HSC
My parents would give the whole awkward silence then Dad would probably pat me on the back and try to hide his disappointment by saying, "Well...at least you finished High School! Let's go out to dinner to celebrate!"

And then Mum would be annoyed that she lost her bragging rights

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
My parents don't push me at all.

If anything, they'd probably prefer that I wasn't doing the HSC. They're always telling me I'm way too stressed and just need to chill out.

Talk about a reversal of roles =/

hollaholla

HSC
my parents would give the whole awkward silence then dad would probably pat me on the back and try to hide his disappointment by saying, "well...at least you finished high school! Let's go out to dinner to celebrate!"

and then mum would be annoyed that she lost her bragging rights
lol

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
They'll conveniently point out that all their badgering during the year was of some merit and it was my own fault that I didn't get it, regardless of any excuses I make.

Let's hope that isn't necessary.

HSC
My parents couldn' care less. thats not to say they don't care though. they just want it to be over as much as i do so i can relax for awhile... there's heaps of ways into uni so don't stress if you get like a 60 UAI/ATAR

truestar92

HSC
mine would be extremely disapointed
and then they would make fun of me for being "stupid"

danal353

HSC
mine would be extremely disapointed
and then they would make fun of me for being "stupid"
:(

though my dad frequently reminds me not to get a big head - which is strange because I'm always worried that I'm stupid anyway...

shady145

Banned
HSC
why what do all your parents want u to get

and it really should not bother them if their children do not live up to their academic standards
i dnt know my dad(but he drives trucks XD) but my mum dropped out after yr 10 and got in the lowest 30% for english and maths(an indicator of how bad she is, my sister in year 10 asked me how to round to 2 decimal places, i was wtfing her and my mum says she didnt know either, she claims to not know what decimal places are) and got in the mid range for science... there are no standards to live up too
she has no expectations for what i am to get...

ill give myself a lecture =P

chapmabe

HSC
My parents will be like serves you right for surfing 4 hours a day during your HSC and then be like you didn't try your hardest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)