Music while you study. (1 Viewer)

kcqn93

HSC
I can't studying without music... Rnb to Reggae to Heavy metal.. anything goes... lol

But I would usually studying in silence during exam periods.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
gotta listen to music while studying, or i get tired and can't concentrate.
This. I have a couple of cds I listen to while I'm doing maths, and it helps me concentrate. Mainly muse, coldplay, panic, fob and some piano stuff. My mother doesn't understand though, she keeps yelling at me to turn it off =\

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
It would be hard for me to study with music, because I focus on the lyrics A LOT in any song. I'll try some music without lyrics though :p

Do you guys use headphones or speakers?

MetroMattums

HSC
Music = bad with the following subjects:
-Economics
-English
-Chemistry
-Physics

Music = good with the following subjects:
-Maths

:D

But I listen to it regardless... :(

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
It became apparent during the hsc, prelim whatever that unless I listened to music I probably wouldn't get much done since I needed something to get me interested in something so I wouldn't be quite as bored when it came to studying. Then it was useful for microbreaks, a minute or so where I wouldn't study then I get back into it with the next song. Usually kept the volume on almost medium. I don't really listen to music loudly, unlike most people. I listened to all sorts of music. Anberlin, Basshunter, video game/show soundtracks, dc talk, evanescence, paparizou, hillsong, Lecrae... could go on and on but you get the idea.

That said, youtube probably stripped me of 2 ATAR points lol since I spent ages developing a playlist then spent ages doing anything on youtube haha. This was BEFORE I had fb as well, though I also had msn. EDIT: Ok 2 is a bit of an exaggeration, but I wouldn't have had it any other way anyway. Schoolwork was boring!

There were some times eg ext1 maths where I was listening to the music at first then after a while I really tried to work around the q and the music got in the way. So I just turned it down to close to all the way.

lauren-c

HSC
Uni Grad
I've also collected those classical music CDs from the Sunday papers over the years. They were a great help when it came to study music and studying for Music.
haha! okay im not the only one, i listen to them when im studying for exams and doing maths. my ipod music distracts me at home, but at school it blocks out other peoples conversations during study periods.

123 B A N G

HSC
Music is my life. I listen to it when ever I am doing assignment or whatever.
Best with
-ancient history
-English Ext 2
-Textiles
and if I ever did anything for drama I would say that

the only time I am not listening to it when I study is when I'm trying to remember quotes.

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Personally, it works really well while doing Maths. English = epic fail with music. Background/ambient music pretty good for the sciences I reckon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)