• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Inter-racial Dating (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I am all for inter-racial dating and marriages, as I believe that they are highly beneficial to global society, not to mention the biological advantage the kids get!

However, my parents and some of their friends (my mum especially, she's really fierce about it) would have a heart attack if I even considered marrying anyone who is of a different nationality.

Example conversation:

Mum: "You must only marry a person of the same nationality as you."
Me: "But why? Isn't that a bit racist to think that way?"
Mum: "I don't want white people. I don't want Chinese or Viet people. I don't want europeans in my family...etc."

Do you guys have parents like that?
my parents don't give a shit who I date but I have a sneaking suspicion they might be a bit disappointed if I turned out to be a lesbian one day.

I'm generally only attracted to european/white guys (with a few exceptions) so it's never really come up tbh

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Yes, ethnicity is 'everything' in a sense. Major factor. Of course we don't want divisions or discrimination etc but ethnicity will play a major role with most people. You want to be with someone who upholds the same values, traditions, speaks the same language (if you speak another), eats the same food, has similar family etc etc etc etc etc etc list is endless.

You connect moar I guess.
what about a really westernised asian person?

meeatu

HSC
Yes, ethnicity is 'everything' in a sense. Major factor. Of course we don't want divisions or discrimination etc but ethnicity will play a major role with most people. You want to be with someone who upholds the same values, traditions, speaks the same language (if you speak another), eats the same food, has similar family etc etc etc etc etc etc list is endless.

You connect moar I guess.
Sure, if you absolutely no empathy.

Well, you'll still notice with a lot of cultures that people don't venture out too often.
Wouldn't you think that being exposed to a largely heterogenous society sometimes makes you want to establish familiar grounds...and one way is having a rship with somebody from your own ethnicity? To maintain those customs, to uphold the same values etc

Sure, if you put social standing ahead of love.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Mum: "I don't want white people. I don't want Chinese or Viet people. I don't want europeans in my family...etc."

i didnt know theres a difference between whites and europeans...

Well, you'll still notice with a lot of cultures that people don't venture out too often.
Wouldn't you think that being exposed to a largely heterogenous society sometimes makes you want to establish familiar grounds...and one way is having a rship with somebody from your own ethnicity? To maintain those customs, to uphold the same values etc
comments like me aggravate me and are ignorant...fucking hell that is so 1800's lol...who gives a fuck about upholding traditions..."oh no we must learn how to speak in our mother tongue so that we can talk about people behind their backs and use it when we go back to the mother country which will be once in my lifetime...in the meantime we'll just use the language of the country we live in"...if you want to do that than go live in the country of ur ancestors...last i looked japan wants to be america

Last edited:
HSC
comments like me aggravate me and are ignorant...fucking hell that is so 1800's lol...who gives a fuck about upholding traditions..."oh no we must learn how to speak in our mother tongue so that we can talk about people behind their backs and use it when we go back to the mother country which will be once in my lifetime...in the meantime we'll just use the language of the country we live in"...if you want to do that than go live in the country of ur ancestors...last i looked japan wants to be america
It's not ignorant at all, it's my personal preference.
I love my culture and ethnicity and want to maintain it.
Just because I am inclined to having a relationship with somebody from my own ethnicity, doesn't make me ignorant.

if you want to do that than go live in the country of ur ancestors
Well, the millions of displaced Palestinians around the globe would love to return to Palestine but they have no right of return. One day we will of course.

Last edited:

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A

is this why you live in a ghetto?

HSC
Sure, if you put social standing ahead of love.
If I fall in love with somebody who isn't (which has happened, well not technically 'love', because how old am I?) then there is absolutely no problem. I would just prefer somebody from my own ethnicity because I really love my culture lol. You seriously do not understand how much I love my ethnicity and all things associated with it.

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
It's not ignorant at all, it's my personal preference.
I love my culture and ethnicity and want to maintain it.
Just because I am inclined to having a relationship from somebody from my own ethnicity, doesn't make me ignorant.

Well, the millions of displaced Palestinians around the globe would love to return to Palestine but they have no right of return. One day we will of course.
so only palestinians u date than?...ok not ignorant...but racist...in thinking you are superior

HSC
so only palestinians u date than?...ok not ignorant...but racist...in thinking you are superior
How is that racist?! It's just a preference. My cousin loves Egyptians. That's her preference. Some girls dig Italians, that's their preference.

I am completely accepting of everybody for who they are.

ilikebeeef

HSC
I am all for inter-racial dating and marriages, as I believe that they are highly beneficial to global society, not to mention the biological advantage the kids get!

However, my parents and some of their friends (my mum especially, she's really fierce about it) would have a heart attack if I even considered marrying anyone who is of a different nationality.

Example conversation:

Yes.

meeatu

HSC
If I fall in love with somebody who isn't (which has happened, well not technically 'love', because how old am I?) then there is absolutely no problem. I would just prefer somebody from my own ethnicity because I really love my culture lol. You seriously do not understand how much I love my ethnicity and all things associated with it.
Loving your own ethnicity an all things attatched to it is fine, if a little pretentious and arrogant, but you specifically mentioned dating within an ethnicity (and I quote) "to maintain those customs, to uphold the same values etc" Ie: the purpose of the relationship is to perpetuate an ideology. It certainly doesn't sound like it's just a preference, or something that you would put love ahead of if you fell in love. Just an observation. If you really would, then I see no problem with thinking that way, I personally am not particularly fond of guys from most african cultures, and would probably not date one, unless they really were special, I guess that does not have much less of a 'superiority complex' type undertone to it that your thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)