• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Inter-racial Dating (1 Viewer)

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
love does not distinguish between gender, race, ethnicity, etc... alrite

and without people doin it interracially, how would we get get.... HALF-CASTES

Lukybear

HSC
Loving your own ethnicity an all things attatched to it is fine, if a little pretentious and arrogant, but you specifically mentioned dating within an ethnicity (and I quote) "to maintain those customs, to uphold the same values etc" Ie: the purpose of the relationship is to perpetuate an ideology. It certainly doesn't sound like it's just a preference, or something that you would put love ahead of if you fell in love. Just an observation. If you really would, then I see no problem with thinking that way, I personally am not particularly fond of guys from most african cultures, and would probably not date one, unless they really were special, I guess that does not have much less of a 'superiority complex' type undertone to it that your thing.
The purpose of a relationship is anything that one wants it to be. It is neither set nor defined. That being said, i think most people would find relationships for love. And love is not this simple thing, that one just falls into. It is complex and sophisticated, and one of its many facets is a physical attraction.

And for many people, that attraction may only stem from one culture, or one race of people. So it is completely justified.

And yes love can transcend all these distinguishing characters. But only if you fall in love with them in the first place.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I'm Filipino-Aussie, and my Filo mum doesn't want me to be with an Aussie, and my Aussie dad doesn't want me to be with a Filo.

Which means I'm stuck, seeing as the majority of people I associate with belong with either of these races.

So I'm like, "GTFO of my life." Well, I don't actually say that, but I do think it.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I'm Filipino-Aussie, and my Filo mum doesn't want me to be with an Aussie, and my Aussie dad doesn't want me to be with a Filo.

Which means I'm stuck, seeing as the majority of people I associate with belong with either of these races.

So I'm like, "GTFO of my life." Well, I don't actually say that, but I do think it.
ok. lol

William kamel

HSC
in other words, it's taboo

yeah, in my family inter-racial alliances are taboo.
even tamils are not permitted that's how narrow it is
man seriously dude, piss ur parents off, coz that's wat I'll do. As long as a girl is hot, I wouldn't care wat nationality she is. :):):)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC

thats quite weird actually...

HSC
Loving your own ethnicity an all things attatched to it is fine, if a little pretentious and arrogant, but you specifically mentioned dating within an ethnicity (and I quote) "to maintain those customs, to uphold the same values etc" Ie: the purpose of the relationship is to perpetuate an ideology. It certainly doesn't sound like it's just a preference, or something that you would put love ahead of if you fell in love. Just an observation. If you really would, then I see no problem with thinking that way, I personally am not particularly fond of guys from most african cultures, and would probably not date one, unless they really were special, I guess that does not have much less of a 'superiority complex' type undertone to it that your thing.
Perpetuating what ideology?

The fact that I feel comfortable and familiar with my culture? The fact that both the person and I would probably have shared experiences, have a similar outlook in life, understand things a little more similarly because we were brought up with the same cultural background, a similar environment and we would both have been influenced by similar things?

It feels good knowing you can crack a joke with somebody and they know exactly what you're referring to. It's just part of being able to be myself.

Why is it such a problem that I would rather date somebody from my own cultural background? I would find it difficult to be with an Anglo who has very different values and a very different way of life. Loving a person is about loving everything they encompass, not just them per se.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Perpetuating what ideology?

The fact that I feel comfortable and familiar with my culture? The fact that both the person and I would probably have shared experiences, have a similar outlook in life, understand things a little more similarly because we were brought up with the same cultural background, a similar environment and we would both have been influenced by similar things?

It feels good knowing you can crack a joke with somebody and they know exactly what you're referring to. It's just part of being able to be myself.

Why is it such a problem that I would rather date somebody from my own cultural background? I would find it difficult to be with an Anglo who has very different values and a very different way of life. Loving a person is about loving everything they encompass, not just them per se.
similarity = repel while opposites = attract.

jst sayin, :)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
well I am rich and hot as fuck and my gf is only upper middle-class does that count?

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
I am all for inter-racial dating and marriages, as I believe that they are highly beneficial to global society, not to mention the biological advantage the kids get!

However, my parents and some of their friends (my mum especially, she's really fierce about it) would have a heart attack if I even considered marrying anyone who is of a different nationality.

Example conversation:

Mum: "You must only marry a person of the same nationality as you."
Me: "But why? Isn't that a bit racist to think that way?"
Mum: "I don't want white people. I don't want Chinese or Viet people. I don't want europeans in my family...etc."

Do you guys have parents like that?
that happens to you? I'm of sri-lankan ancestry and my parents don't really care who I end up with, they very well knew at the back of their minds that when I was born here in Australia that I would end up with someone not of my own race, and heck I really do agree with that, I'm not even into girls from my own race. I think it's not so much a racist thing that you're not into your own ethnicity, it's more of nature and maybe a little bit of nurture as well. Nature-wise, I think it's biological instinct to go after someone who can provide the best advantages for the offspring(from what I can see, you know what I mean). Nurture-wise we go through 13+ years of growing up with people not just from your own race but others as well, you become a little more tolerant and perhaps appreciate the different cultures you grow up with, and that leads one to be more open to going for someone else.

Overalll different families have different opinions I guess.

ilikebeeef

HSC

Ironically, it was your Filo mum who was with your dad, an Aussie, and your Aussie dad who was with your mum, a Filo.

post pics bby
Here, sir, is an animated picture of a dog... :dog:

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
my parents would greatly prefer if i dated whites.

definately have to marry a white.

oh and no asians, arabs or indians.lol.
your mum hates her own existence and your dad hates himself for choosing the wrong woman

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC

I'd question my very existence if I had a dilemma like that.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Middle eastern.... >.<

Some people refer to the area of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India, etc. as the/a "Sub-continent".

La Bomba

HSC
everyone lovez me casu im ukrainian like fuly i love all da wog girlz who chase after me like ouft. wog girlz give me ur facebook n like il add yu and we'l go out n hav a coffee sometime alight ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)