how fast can you type? how did you learn? (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
learnt touch typing in year 4 :cool:

though I don't know how fast I'm right now... prolly 60+

Collin

HSC
N/A
I can type upto 80wpm at about 80-90%, but I don't use the correct touch-type method. My fingers initiate on the correct ASDF JKL; position, but as soon as I start typing, my right hand slides one-key across such that I type keys like O, L and ; all with my middle finger. Very bad habit that's developed over the years - if I kick my right hand into line then my wpm would probably dip down into the 50-60 wpm range, but with higher accuracy.

Steam

HSC
N/A
I got 102 words a minute on typingtest.com

Steam

HSC
N/A
I type faster now thanks to Counter-Strike ...
I play cs and it made my typing really inaccurate lol.

I used to play rooooonscape which made me a fast typer.
Also in year 3 i used this ancient software on a mac called "TTTAPS"

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I play cs and it made my typing really inaccurate lol.

I used to play rooooonscape which made me a fast typer.
Also in year 3 i used this ancient software on a mac called "TTTAPS"
nice thread bump moron.

p.s. runescape is a shit game along its kin of world of warcraft and other mmorpg

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
when we got our first computer (2000, i was in yr5) it came with a free typing program, Typingmaster.
Mum made me practice it every weekend, eventually i did it because it was fun.

Now i can type at around 60-70 wpm without looking at the keyboard.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Epic bump much? I can't believe I was on this board three years ago!

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Woah. That's insanely fast!!! You should request to do your HSC on the computer for that speed. I can type a little faster than I can type as well, but I'm only up to about 60-65 wpm at the moment. I could type faster when I was younger.... I don't know what happened.

klaris

HSC
I learnt to type when I was around ten and they had just gotten computers at school and we had just got a pc. I liked to make up stories but I hated writing them down as it made my fingers sore so I taught myself how to type. To this day I still have a very unorthodox way of typing and I don't do it in any 'traditional' way with 'home keys' and touch typing or anything. I can type fast without looking and most people's jaw literally drop when I'm on the school's pc's or in a public library usually followed by a "I didn't know anyone could ever type that fast!"

In constrast, when I first took IT and we had to type a lotta stuff up my teacher would simutaneously be amazed and cringe at how I type.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Oh man I haven't tested my typing speed in ages!

Okay so I just did a typing test on FreeTypingGame.net - Free typing games online, fun and lesson based keyboarding games including home row! and I got 138wpm (no mistakes, touch typing), although I do recall being faster before.. Maybe I'll do a few more and see how fast I can get
Damn I was really enjoying the story that I was typing

Hoorah for years of online addiction
i did the free typing test, i got 95 wpm with 2 errors, so my calculated speed is 85wpm (i did #26 classic tales, 1 min test).

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I learnt to type when I was around ten and they had just gotten computers at school and we had just got a pc. I liked to make up stories but I hated writing them down as it made my fingers sore so I taught myself how to type. To this day I still have a very unorthodox way of typing and I don't do it in any 'traditional' way with 'home keys' and touch typing or anything. I can type fast without looking and most people's jaw literally drop when I'm on the school's pc's or in a public library usually followed by a "I didn't know anyone could ever type that fast!"

In constrast, when I first took IT and we had to type a lotta stuff up my teacher would simutaneously be amazed and cringe at how I type.
Well, show us. Do the test.

i did the free typing test, i got 95 wpm with 2 errors, so my calculated speed is 85wpm (i did #26 classic tales, 1 min test).
You and youngminii are inhumane. I have only ever really gotten up to 80wpm and that was crazy typing.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Tbh I never considered myself fast, I just considered everyone else to be slow.
If that makes sense :confused:
I dunno, we had a computer as far back as I can remember (I saw a video of me when I was 3 and I was playing a drawing game on the computer with my brother lol) so I was always fast in my memory

I learnt to touch type before my school began to teach us typing :haha:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking at the keyboard makes it slower for me some days. I can't see the keyboard now because of the queer lighting scene I've got happening at my friends' place.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Nah man, looking at the keyboard makes you slower as you learn to type faster. Especially in typing tests where you're copying words off the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)