Girls Asking Guys Out: Good or Bad?! (1 Viewer)

Should girls ask guys out?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
i say the guy should ask. my last gf asked me and it took the fun out of the pursuit. also it somehow lead to an imbalance of power in the relationship with the girl now being the one forced to do the hard yards.

HSC
Yeah, I know, but then again, I've only ever really liked several guys. Plus being at a girls school hasn't helped. It's usually home to school, school to home, the occasional eye contact at the train station is usually the go, no r'ship will ever develop out of that. And to top it all off, I'm frigid (because of stated circumstances) so everytime I have been asked for my number/email/go out, I always decline. I have never accepted anyone's proposition. Another reason on this never-ending scroll is that a lot of guys can be immature/shallow. I'm really not into the 'hey, ill date you for a bit then bye/i really want one thing from you at the end of the day' thing. I like the whole laid back friend thing, have a laugh blah blah, but more than that creeps me out at times, and I get a bit uncomfortable. Oh well.

/end rant
OMG, ARE YOU ME?! This is exactly my situation. I feel icky when a guy stares at me for too long with gooey eyes. Even if I have a crush on that guy.
I like having fun and joking around and it's getting me nowhere.

However, I do think that one day I will try asking out a guy in my course for coffee.

Last edited:

hdnlv

HSC
the girl's gotta be kinda desperate to ask a guy out...
thats stupid. there are guys out there with out the guts to ask a girl out you know. if the girl doesnt do it how do you think they'll ever be together

but anyway, its neither good or bad, its just a personal choice

Guesss

HSC
i say the guy should ask. my last gf asked me and it took the fun out of the pursuit. also it somehow lead to an imbalance of power in the relationship with the girl now being the one forced to do the hard yards.
Yeh, i think this wud be true.

Especially the pursuit part...guys like a challenge.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
good girls gone bad

thats all i can think of when reading thrad title

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
I wish..a guy would fall in love with me..true love. I know it's a bit too much to ask for..but, who doesn't want to be truly loved?

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Yeh, i think this wud be true.

Especially the pursuit part...guys like a challenge.
Please die. If not, please fall over. Guys in general don't like the pursuit. I've spoken to so many girls who I used to have a crush on later and then a year or two spoken about and found out they liked me yet they insisted to pretend not to care and talk about other boys and do useless mind games which just send you backward.

A challenge, maybe. A mindfuck, no. Too many girls (and I'm not blaming them all that much, males/females tend to miscommunicate an insane amount) fuck around boys. The media, girlfriend and cosmo magazines I believe have a massive influence on them. With my last girlfriend, I used to read a few of her cosmo mags. What girls were doing made so much more sense.

A girl should be able to ask a guy out if she likes him. I really believe in equality between males and females and it's not equal for chivalry to be demanded. You can get fucked if you expect (keyword: expect) me to pay for your food/movie/bungee jump. I don't have all that much money, so yeah, what the fuck? Should we be disadvantaged in the dating scene for a lack of money?

Some guys are just "thick" because girls give real IOIs and then don't mean it, so this guy gets fucked about and registers that said IOI really isn't an IOI at all, so this IOI is nothing to him in future.

@juve: You should get some more friends. If all your friends are Asian then you're missing out aren't you? What you're describing isn't exactly normal. Be more open minded, embrace other cultures and social cultures. You'll be a more well-rounded person socially.

@Violentdelights: You've let society build up relationships to insanity in your brain. Being young and frigid is natural, however you should've heard from enough sources by now that your first kiss, your first relationship and other related events become nothing in hindsight. You do not need to lose your "kiss virginity" to someone special. I hope you don't realise you have one shot at things. My first kiss was a real big bitch in hindsight, this was shit yes, but when I got a proper girlfriend and we had our first kiss it was infinitely better. Anything with proper emotions is going to feel better, REGARDLESS of whether its your first time or not.

Take a chance, it's a shitload more fun when neither of you have any idea about anything to do with dating and all that. You don't want to wait till you're 25 and every guy you have a crush on you wont date cos you know he's had sex with 40 girls. Don't let your frigidness (sp) take control of you. Nothing bad emotionally or physically will really happen (trolls stay back) to you if kiss a stranger. This doesn't make you a slut. By our age there are many people (many of my friends) having one night stands and they don't get judged much. Only by the really conservative people who are accepting anyway. Last year it was sort of like "she's a slut?", "yeah", "Oh, I didn't know" *subject change*. No one gives a shit in this day and age.

Bottom line, you're missing out and with your attitude you'll continue to miss out as everyone around you develops emotionally and you're stuck in a 13 year old scared teenager frame of mind. Take the chance.

I think it's because guys can be a bit cruel about it (not to say that girls aren't), but a lot of (nice) girls can manage declining softly, while a guy might just be like 'err...', making the prospect of rejection a whole lot worse
I disagree. I know of a lot more girls who have been a lot more hurtful. Guys are generally blunt. "Nah, I don't like you, sorry". Being screwed about is a lot more damaging :/

I am the most subtle person I know.
I don't make any eye contact, and I'm careful not to given any signs at all. I am going to be single forever haha
You're laughing now, but if you keep that up then you'll definitely keep the guys away.

I always pay for mine, even if it was his idea to go out.
Ace.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
haha wow Makro is awesome and is p much telling the truth

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
girls play me like a cheap asian violin. my strings break way too eary during climaxing playing, my bow is too small and the horse hair always limp and flaccid, never erect, and when they do play me i making the worst shrill moaning teapot noise. girls soon realise after all the mind games 2 minutes of climatic playing is way too short, selfish and unsatisfying.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
This^ :D

they can be stressful at times, but sometimes i find their the best thing cause they can usually go two ways...

Violentdelights and Omie Jay, next possible BOS couple?
quit playin matchmaker already :O

emmcyclopedia

HSC
If it's an unspoken "yeah I like you" then I don't think it really matters who asks who on a date.

But I do think it's become a bit of a social norm that, if you don't know the person, it's generally the female who throws off the vibes and the male who is coerced over. imo.

i have asked 3 boys out. 2/3 were a raging success
2 outta 3 aint bad...

zaxmacks

HSC
Communication is ugly. Everything should be implied. EVERYTHING.

This is why I will travel to antarctica where the girls speak penguin. You just have to look for a raised flipper. If you raise yours, it's a match. Where it goes, neither of you cares. You'll die in winter.
lol

Rivenscyr

HSC
i wish girls made the first move, only because im a social outcast and i have no self esteem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)