english and eco chats (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
OH wait oml just saw the question and it's actually perfect for the creative i memorised lmaoooo
a metafiction about a writer struggling to write an ending of his story before the deadline

uniqueusername1

HSC
OH wait oml just saw the question and it's actually perfect for the creative i memorised lmaoooo
a metafiction about a writer struggling to write an ending of his story before the deadline
LOL thats the same as my creative. But in mine theres a guying pointing a gun at him.

zizi2003_

HSC
Just for the record, there will be around 5-6 comprehension questions this year (with at least 3 common from English Standard) according to the new 2021 exam specifications meaning that there shouldn't be any 6-7-8 mark questions thankfully! Knowing this I expect a large amount of 3-4-5 mark questions.
OMGOMG u just made my day AAAAHHHHHHHH

uniqueusername1

HSC
Just for the record, there will be around 5-6 comprehension questions this year (with at least 3 common from English Standard) according to the new 2021 exam specifications meaning that there shouldn't be any 6-7-8 mark questions thankfully! Knowing this I expect a large amount of 3-4-5 mark questions.
They made it easier? How sweet.

notme123

HSC
OMGOMG u just made my day AAAAHHHHHHHH
OMG THANK GOD I HATE 6 MARKERS

actually jokes they can still happen
also doesnt this mean more reading because more texts

wait i just realised this was released last year ignore me

uniqueusername1

HSC
OMG THANK GOD I HATE 6 MARKERS

actually jokes they can still happen
also doesnt this mean more reading because more texts

wait i just realised this was released last year ignore me
actually it doesn't make a difference lol. I use the same structure for 5 and 6 markers :(

How do you guys structure yours?

Now I hope its drenched in 4 markers. 5 x 4 markers would be so hot.

zizi2003_

HSC
actually it doesn't make a difference lol. I use the same structure for 5 and 6 markers :(

How do you guys structure yours?

Now I hope its drenched in 4 markers. 5 x 4 markers would be so hot.
if it's a compare question i have 2 mini body paras for a 5-6 marker
but if not a compare one, then i just have one - with a topic sentence, 4-5 pieces of evidence, effect & link for each. Wby??
also omg 5x4 markers would be perfect aaaahhhh but sadly itll probs not happen

uniqueusername1

HSC
if it's a compare question i have 2 mini body paras for a 5-6 marker
but if not a compare one, then i just have one - with a topic sentence, 4-5 pieces of evidence, effect & link for each. Wby??
also omg 5x4 markers would be perfect aaaahhhh but sadly itll probs not happen
For 5 and 6 markers:
Introduction (Thesis + Some link to rubric + Explanation) + 2 x mini bodies (Topic Sentence for each + 2 TEA)

lol I saw this on a guide online. Works like a charm. All you need to know is structure and your set.

notme123

HSC
you have guys have bodies whoops im doing this wrong. if its one text i do a quick topic sentence then dump 6 QTE related to the q. With compare i just alternate between 3 quotes each. usually differences are form, voice and overarching things

zizi2003_

HSC
you have guys have bodies whoops im doing this wrong. if its one text i do a quick topic sentence then dump 6 QTE related to the q. With compare i just alternate between 3 quotes each. usually differences are form, voice and overarching things
so for a 5-6 marker do u always use 6 examples?
like even generally, how do u guys build upon examples (like add new 'sub-points' to the same topic sentence?) in one para? coz i always thought that worked in separate body paras only

uniqueusername1

HSC
like even generally, how do u guys build upon examples (like add new 'sub-points' to the same topic sentence?) in one para? coz i always thought that worked in separate body paras only
Ya basically. All you gotta make sure is that you don't repeat the same point when analysing a quote and just answer or relate the analysis to the question. Don't worry too much other than that, otherwise it will slow you down a.k.a the mind blanks.

notme123

HSC
ye i try to use 6 seperate points but sometimes they bleed into eachother in what im trying to say. i have like a list of things i go through to find that relates to human experiences e.g. collective, individual, challenging assumptions etc. I try to find 1 for each but sometimes i need multiple because there might be different aspects within each e.g. the external/internal, emotions, paradoxes

uniqueusername1

HSC
bro honestly i prefer short answers than multiple choice comp lol. Short answers you can bs hard whereas, the mc always strangled me in yr 10 the answers were so similar lol.

uniqueusername1

HSC
ye i try to use 6 seperate points but sometimes they bleed into eachother in what im trying to say. i have like a list of things i go through to find that relates to human experiences e.g. collective, individual, challenging assumptions etc. I try to find 1 for each but sometimes i need multiple because there might be different aspects within each e.g. the external/internal, emotions, paradoxes
I just realised 6 examples for a six marker your insane lol.

zizi2003_

HSC
bro honestly i prefer short answers than multiple choice comp lol. Short answers you can bs hard whereas, the mc always strangled me in yr 10 the answers were so similar lol.
ahaha i 100% prefer short answers over mcqs also
but the ones in english are a no-no lol - i acc prefer essays over short answers in eng (a forced preference)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)