english and eco chats (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
no matter how much practise i do, i somehow never end up completing the short answers on time ??
does anyone have tips plssss

uniqueusername1

HSC
no matter how much practise i do, i somehow never end up completing the short answers on time ??
honestly just bs it. Write what comes to mind and make it fit the question. It may not sound that great but once you write and edit it later it turns out pretty good.

Before I had those mad mind blanks where I could not even be able to answer the q (happened cause i ignored the ideas which came to me naturally and was looking for something sophisticated).

At the end of the day english is just fate innit.

GoldenMelon

HSC
Try and memorise a small list of techniques for all the text types (Poetry, Prose, Visual). This way so that you immediately know what to look for when you’re analysing the texts.

notme123

HSC
take 50 minutes to do it, 45 isnt enough personally, try to find a way to cut down the essay which i think is doable for this mod
but i do one peice of evidence for each mark so it depends

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
honestly just bs it. Write what comes to mind and make it fit the question. It may not sound that great but once you write and edit it later it turns out pretty good.

Before I had those mad mind blanks where I could not even be able to answer the q (happened cause i ignored the ideas which came to me naturally and was looking for something sophisticated).

At the end of the day english is just fate innit.
100% agree. i did that for my online trials and got full marks for that section (was very surprised since it was all utter bullshit that i pulled out of my ass)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Just regurgitate what your teacher says and the themes they love. They'll mark you way higher than they normally would.

uniqueusername1

HSC
omgggggggg so the takeaway is to just bullshit it and not think too much okok ty guys😂
Legit I did 0 comp papers and I got 90%. Its all about winging and confidence. BS it badly.

P.S. I'm trash at eng its all in the confidence.

On the other hand, my friend did like 30 papers and sent it to his tutors to mark (gets like 17/20 in practice) and i beat him lol.

zizi2003_

HSC
Legit I did 0 comp papers and I got 90%. Its all about winging and confidence. BS it badly.

On the other hand, my friend did like 30 papers and sent it to his tutors to mark (gets like 17/20 in practice) and i beat him lol.
BRUHHHH WOW how do u get the confidence in english lmao pls teach me
like i literally did as many past papers as i could for my trial (which was only short answers unfortunately) and i got the same exact mark as ur friend lmaooo rip

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC

ahahahah same bro. i find that practice is only helpful to a certain extent. like u said, just know the structure. if ur analysis somewhat makes sense and you have a few techniques in there, the marker has to give the marks.

uniqueusername1

HSC
BRUHHHH WOW how do u get the confidence in english lmao pls teach me
like i literally did as many past papers as i could for my trial (which was only short answers unfortunately) and i got the same exact mark as ur friend lmaooo rip
its easy i just stopped caring lol. Just as Winston accepts 2+2=5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)