Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
u-borat said:
Personally, I believe that 'God' is something somebody created a long time ago to give peace and order to the masses.
you're kidding right? do you know how much blood has been spilled in the name of 'religion'?

X

xeuyrawp

u-borat said:
Personally, I believe that 'God' is something somebody created a long time ago to give peace and order to the masses.
That's really not true... It's not like one day, some polytheistic dude was just sitting on a rock and goes "one god. That would be cool."

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
Jesus says:
"Do not suppose that i came to bring peace to the Earth: I did not come to bring peace but a sword."

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
im agnostic to a god (in a philosophical sense), however i am atheist to Gods attributed with certain qualities and characteristics. if you can present evidence for a god, i will think god exists, and i might be open to further claims on His personality if you can present further evidence for them too. without evidence it remains fantasy for me.
im also aware of the possibility of god being "outside the scientific method", or above our logic and reason, but being human, im not about to abandon my sense for unsubstantiated claims on one of the thousands of gods circulating across our world's cultures and religions at the moment.
so if you asked me why i think god does not exist, i will say "i dont know what god is, i dont know if it exists or not". since you asked me why i dont think God (capitalised) exists, i have to ask what's your definition of god, and what evidence do you have?
Ill have to reply later , im too hungry to think clearly , lol..

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
inasero said:
Well it's sad to see it's come to this. I really wish you could see how awesome God is...
You really are a stupid fuck. He could believe in God and still think you're a dumbarse.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Just to be a pain;

why do you think there should be a God?

Or, to turn it around, can you tell my why you think The Celestial Teapot/Allah/The Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist? Take that reason, and apply it to your God.

:) As someone wise once said (can't remember who), "We're all atheist. I'm just atheist to one more God than you are."
You're not a pain:)
I would just really like to know why people think God doesnt exist. All reasons together.
I understand Sam's point of view , but I'd like to understand where a die-hard atheist is coming from.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Pwar died inside just a little bit just then.
well if you're gonna believe in this God you have to TRY to understand his character :)
Otherwise , invent a benevolent grandfatherly spaggetti monster who never gets cranky:)

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
invent a benevolent grandfatherly spaggetti monster who never gets cranky
They did, he's called 'God'.

I take that back. Didn't he smite a few civilisations?

X

xeuyrawp

PwarYuex said:
That's really not true... It's not like one day, some polytheistic dude was just sitting on a rock and goes "one god. That would be cool."
Assumption that monotheism came from polytheism? Hoorah for general shitness right there...

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Stevo. said:
They did, he's called 'God'.

I take that back. Didn't he smite a few civilisations?
That he did :)
Like Aslan when Jill asks him if he has ever eaten anyone.
So nonchalantly he replies : I have swallowed women , men , cities , realms...
Sorry. Missed ur edit the first time

X

xeuyrawp

*TRUE* said:
Jesus says:
"Do not suppose that i came to bring peace to the Earth: I did not come to bring peace but a sword."
I've never had a problem with that passage. I think once you interpret it properly in context, it's a fair statement. (I'm of the belief that the Synoptic Gospels are fantastic.)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I've never had a problem with that passage. I think once you interpret it properly in context, it's a fair statement. (I'm of the belief that the Synoptic Gospels are fantastic.)
I have no problem with it either :)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
PwarYuex said:
isn't that more or less what akhenaten did? :D

*TRUE* said:
Jesus says:
Lovely bloke that Jesus

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yeah, it's awesome when people quote Bible passages out of context, fundies or otherwise. :rolleyes:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Yeah, it's awesome when people quote Bible passages out of context, fundies or otherwise. :rolleyes:
Are you referring to me taking a bible passage out of context? Or not?
:)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Did you take a Bible passage out of context? Or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)