Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Stevo. said:
You really are a stupid fuck. He could believe in God and still think you're a dumbarse.
It's one thing to believe in God and another to appreciate how great He is.

James 2:19 said:
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
So if you accept that disease is a consequence of man disobeying God, why do you care if a heap of children get AIDS?

Infact, it seems paradoxical that you would want to bother becoming a doctor, given what you believe.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
So if you accept that disease is a consequence of man disobeying God, why do you care if a heap of children get AIDS?

Infact, it seems paradoxical that you would want to bother becoming a doctor, given what you believe.
he can still help those who are sick, we are all in rebellion of God and all have sinned, it is humans fault there is sickness, it doesnt mean he shouldnt help them. there are many Christian Doctors

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
he can still help those who are sick, we are all in rebellion of God and all have sinned, it is humans fault there is sickness, it doesnt mean he shouldnt help them. there are many Christian Doctors
Well it seems contradictory. If it's our fault we're sick, why do we try in vain to heal or cure those who are sick?
Why don't we just turn our backs and accept that death and disease is our fate?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
God never intended for people to suffer from diease. In fact, if it weren't for God's intervention in the world I believe we would be in dire straits. Jesus spent much of his time healing people and I think that it's a massive priveledge to be able to help others and alleviate their suffering whenever possible.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
katie tully said:
Well it seems contradictory. If it's our fault we're sick, why do we try in vain to heal or cure those who are sick?
Why don't we just turn our backs and accept that death and disease is our fate?
That's a bit of a defeatist view wouldn't you say? People are responsible for getting sick all the time, like with alot of the lifestyle diseases, but as doctors and fellow human beings we still have an obligation to treat disease if it's within our power.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Then how is god omnipotent or omniscient?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Did you take a Bible passage out of context? Or not?
No i didnt. You can read it yourself if you like:)
Sorry... just checking u werent one of those people that attack others for the sake of it'

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:

What? you think God is HAPPY about the effects of sin? He doesnt like to see people suffer. Unfortunately , rebellion against God manifests itself in a pretty ugly way. They also affect the 'innocent'

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
What? you think God is HAPPY about the effects of sin? He doesnt like to see people suffer. Unfortunately , rebellion against God manifests itself in a pretty ugly way. They also affect the 'innocent'
Well if he isn't happy WHY DOES HE LET IT HAPPEN.

For fucks sake, stop and listen to how retarded that is. 'Oh God doesn't want you to be in pain, God doesn't want to see you suffer...But meh, thats what you get...And that's what innocents get!'

How the hell do you sleep at night with such deluded trains of thought?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
God never intended for people to suffer, but disease was a consequence of our misbehaviour.

Okay.
Please Katie , understand this :
A consequence is an effect or result of an occurance
Sickness was a RESULT of sin

SIN is REBELLION against God.
If God's creation rebels , it does not behave as is BEST FOR IT.
We are custodians of the Earth ( think natural disasters) , and responsible for our bodies
Therefore the human body is affected.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Well if he isn't happy WHY DOES HE LET IT HAPPEN.

For fucks sake, stop and listen to how retarded that is. 'Oh God doesn't want you to be in pain, God doesn't want to see you suffer...But meh, thats what you get...And that's what innocents get!'

How the hell do you sleep at night with such deluded trains of thought?
nobody is innocent though we have all sinned. he does not want us to sin.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Please Katie , understand this :
A consequence is an effect or result of an occurance
Sickness was a RESULT of sin

SIN is REBELLION against God.
If God's creation rebels , it does not behave as is BEST FOR IT.
We are custodians of the Earth ( think natural disasters) , and responsible for our bodies
Therefore the human body is affected.
No, I will not understand it because it does NOT MAKE SENSE.

A benevolent God does not let people suffer against his own will. That doesn't make sense!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)