Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I have HOURS for you. I'm not joking. I will sit here for hours and hours talking with you if there's a reason. Or if there's not, really...
Your knowledge on this subject interests me very much. I just wouldn't know what ask you.

/silly

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

3unitz said:
I thought it was a joke. Then I saw the site. Bleh.

katie tully said:
How can we argue against it, logically.
I personally say this about Christianity:

Abrahamic religions are the latest forms of prehistoric beliefs, to which many changes have occurred, so I chose not to subscribe to them.

With regards to theism:

Nfi, sorry. :eek:

Explaining religion as a social phenomenon is quite straightforward for me, I wish that explaining the universe was straightforward for natural scientists.

X

xeuyrawp

3unitz said:
haha you dont get my jokes
No I mean I thought the map itself was a joke image. Then I saw that it was genuinely part of a site.

X

xeuyrawp

katie tully said:
lol i liked your longer response. lucky i read it before the snap edit!
Yeah didn't know if it made sense. Trying to express the human science ideas in natural science terms.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
some fundie quotes on the KJV bible:

I believe that the Authorized King James Bible of 1611 is the perfect, pure and inspired word of God. (Psalm 12:6-7). I believe that there was inspiration from God involved with the translation of the King James Version. (2 Timothy 3:16) Anything in the King James Version that may seem like it disagrees with the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts corrects the Greek and Hebrew. I do not believe in finding out the meanings of Greek or Hebrew words. The King James Bible is perfect in English, and to try to correct it with the Greek is adding our own private interpretations to Scripture.

The King James Bible was written well before the Catholic Church came into existence. The protestants base their faith on this Bible, which was written through the apostles by God.

Should we accept history? If it is harmony and does not contradict the Bible and the evidence is reliable of course we do. If we have to make a choice between history or the Bible (when I say Bible I mean the KJV) of course we choose the Bible.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have a copy of The Origin of Species sitting on my bedside table. It's actually a decent read; Darwin was a good scientific communicator.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Not even that, it's when you try to argue it.

I don't really care about casual Christians not understanding the Bible; they have their beliefs, they (maybe) read the English translation (if at all), they don't know about the history of the Bible. That's cool, because they're not the people who will really try to convert or convince people of God. Yes I do think that they're doing themselves a disservice by not knowing, but who am I to say what someone else's priority's should be? Most people would say that I need to go for a jog more often, but I tell them to fuck off.

Anyway, but when you try to spread the word... It's effectively the salesman without any training problem.
Your elitism is such a turn on but what took you so long to realise that it's not worth arguing about this matter? To be honest a lot of people don't really give a shit about the details, just the general idea, even if it's wrong. People believe whatever suits them best. I still think this thread can be salvagable, if you only pay attention to Kfunk's posts.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
is it worth the read? i was gonna buy a copy a week back, brain told me it was too big, and the writting was really small (dont think it had any pictures either)
You can get one with pictures:)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
=O does it hav pics of cute evolving animals and birdies???

i watched some nooma, one was ok - the 'rich' one. definitely not a fan though i prefer richard dawkings lolol.

and on a different note: love you kfunk <3 (dont think ive told you how i felt before) i like him too guys ok

yep yep it does! (pictures)...actually they werent that cute...but they were there:)
I havent seen the rich one.
Wow. Cool that u watched it.... Richard Dorkins.:D Oh well. He's ok i guess :)
I dont love Kfunk. I dont know if he is real or someones troll..

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Kfunk is not a troll. He is a shining paragon of truth and rationality.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
hey im eating sushi right now. how do i know youre not emyyyyyy or bradcube? brad is awesome i love brad we're bos friends (check it out, mutual)
Haha.
I could be Emyyyyy i guess (do u mean emytaylor? She's lovely) Id add Em as a friend but it doesnt do anything so i havent bothered..
bradcube...well, no , im female:)
Nah. . I thought he was a troll for ages....
Sushi? i never ate that ever....Im afraid of food that looks weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)