Accounting Cadetships 2010 (1 Viewer)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
Welcome fellow students! The time is once again upon us to discuss this years cadetships that will be offered by the Big 4 accounting firms and many mid tier firms aswell. It provides an excellent opportunity for students to combine full time work and study which allows them to gain that extra step needed to succeed in this very competitive enviroment.

If you have any inquiries or questions please feel free to post them in this forum.

As a current cadet i am more then willing to provide any insight or relevent help for anyone interested in applying for a cadetship. I strongly recommend anyone interested in accounting/business to get involved. Please feel free to discuss what cadetships you may be interested in applying for and we can all help eachother to hopefully be successful.

Reach your goals sooner

You can also pm me and I'll get around to everyones questions with reasonable detail.
Good Luck

Simo91

HSC
I'd like to apply as well, but I think the deadline for next year would have passed by now?

HSC
N/A
i hope we can, but to every website i go to it says that apps are closed.

oh well :(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I believe applications for 2011 intakes are open from mid May until the end of June 2010.

... although this thread was started very early which meant at the time, first year uni students could also be applying.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd go. You get a chance to meet people from each of the firms and see how they interact with people, ask them questions in real life, maybe even get the recruiters/interviewers familiar with your face (and bonus points for your application?), etc...

And even if not the above, you get freebies and food.

twistedrebel

HSC
Do you have to stay for the whole 3 hours? Also does it look weired if your by yourself?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have to stay for the whole 3 hours? Also does it look weired if your by yourself?
1. Nope, it's like a careers convention which you probably have been to at uni's e.g. Macquarie whereby each firm/organisation has a little booth, has representatives from HR and the business, give out freebies, and mingle/talk you through things. Great chance for you to talk to people from each place you're applying for because essentially, you are committing yourself to interviews and possibly a career with these places so it's in your best interests to get a feel for it.
Whilst accounting cadetships sound homogeneous, they differ greatly in what training is offered, what work is to be expected, what your peer group is likely to be comprised of, what the interview process is, number of positions, each firm's business structure/departments, etc... and you'll sound like an idiot if you presume any of these factors in your applications.

2. No again but bringing along a mate does help keep conversations flowing and makes things a bit more interesting. Who knows, it may even help you become more memorable as a duo! Even parents/family are welcome to come along, ask questions, grab food, etc...

Benkas

HSC
Hey i was wondering what other types of( apart from accounting but still commerce) cadetships can we apply to? WHat do firms offer apart from accounting for cadetships?
thanks

twistedrebel

HSC
hey are traineeship and cadetship same? i ve seen some companies refer to it as traineeship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)