2010 HSC dates? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: HSC exam timetables

a trip to hawaii is booked for me close to the HSC exams, so is there an average finishing dates?
The exams begin on the 14th October so based on past years I would assume that they will end about the 12th November although there may still be an exam or two in the following week.

mememe11

HSC
hey does anyone know if or when hsc dates are, or going to be out? thanks
lol im just making my calendar and i have no idea except school calendar had 14 oct as hsc starts so that suggests dates are out?

Last edited:

kateemily

HSC
from memory they are released around may, but i could be wrong. i cant say i paid much attention to the time of year when i first read them. either way u can be guarunteed they will start mid october and go for 4 weeks. dotn stress about the time table now. it really has no profound impact on u until a few days before your first exam starts when u actually have to prioritise in terms of what exam is next and what follows, until then, who cares, jst study

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hey does anyone know if or when hsc dates are, or going to be out? thanks
lol im just making my calendar and i have no idea except school calendar had 14 oct as hsc starts so that suggests dates are out?

The start date is released the year before at least due to the necessity for schools to plan their school's timetable for the year.

The actual timetable will be released in early May as per usual.

This is because the BOS has to gather a lot of information yet like how many students are actually going to be attempting each exam, what marking facilities they will need in order to get the marking done, when are those facilities available, how many students are doing the SC again so they can be sure that they can get the relevant marking facilities.

Having obtained the information about how many students in each subject they can then work out a timetable that prevents clashes as much as possible and allows for the marking to be completed by the final date. Some students then get timetables that have them finishing within the first week and others won't finish until the last day.

with-chu

HSC
Is it normal to have at least ONE overlap? Like more than one exam on one day.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Board of Studies will always have more than one overlap. Always. Whether or not individual students do - that's just luck. In 2009, Modern History and Economics were on the same day (I think - all I remember was that two relatively 'big' subjects were on the same day).

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From my experience of over 30 years dealing with the HSC as a student and a teacher I would say 'yes'. Most students will get one day with two exams. Some won't get that. Others will get three or more exams on consecutive days such as Catholic students in 2009 or also did Business Studies went Business, English 1, SOR and English 2 in the first four days of the exams.

Some students get great timetables with two or three days between exams but they are the lucky ones.

Some, very few admittedly, will actually have two scheduled at the same time but that BOS will deal with that by having them do both on the same day with supervision between the exams.

jet

Banned
HSC
I never had an overlap, which was quite lucky for me. Though as cem said, I got that unfortunate Paper 1, SOR, Paper 2 consecutive combo, which was quite annoying and didn't help with my nerves.

I was also lucky in 2008 with the day gap between Maths Extension 1 and extension 2. Though really, since Extension 2 simply extends on the work in Extension 1, your study for 3 unit is somewhat encapsulated within your study for 4unit.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it possible to have any 2 of the 3 sciences be put on the same day?
I really doubt they would, considering how many people do those subjects, and a lot of people do more than one.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it possible to have any 2 of the 3 sciences be put on the same day?
Very unlikely, but it is very possible for you to have Legal on the same day as a science as they had Legal and Physics on the same day in 2009.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I doubt that they would put sciences on the same day, any more than they would put two histories on the same day but...

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Not fair T_T
If they can put two humanities subjects on the same day, they should put two sciences on the same day too T_T. So I can watch all those bio-phys-chem-2ueng-4umaths people suffer. Muwahaha :tongue:.

Sorry. That was immature ^^; :p

joecarling

HSC
get real. they'll definitely put subjects with high candidatures on separate days.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Then again, didn't they do legal and english on the same day last year or something?

with-chu

HSC
The Board of Studies will always have more than one overlap. Always. Whether or not individual students do - that's just luck. In 2009, Modern History and Economics were on the same day (I think - all I remember was that two relatively 'big' subjects were on the same day).
Yep, I knew about the timetable in general, but I meant students as individuals.

From my experience of over 30 years dealing with the HSC as a student and a teacher I would say 'yes'. Most students will get one day with two exams. Some won't get that. Others will get three or more exams on consecutive days such as Catholic students in 2009 or also did Business Studies went Business, English 1, SOR and English 2 in the first four days of the exams.

Some students get great timetables with two or three days between exams but they are the lucky ones.

Some, very few admittedly, will actually have two scheduled at the same time but that BOS will deal with that by having them do both on the same day with supervision between the exams.
Ah, I see..

Thanks to both!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)