You All Must Get Firefox. (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Guys i've used all the bs internet browsers, but i must say Mozilla's Preview Release v1.0 of Firefox is definately the best.
I get no more ads, no more spyware, the tabs work great... its just made my internet experience heaps better.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

use it for a day and you'll never go back to ANY other browser.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah, either install your own, or when you come across a page that needs a plugin, click "Install missing plugin", and it finds it for you :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
firefox 1.0 will be released in 6 days

problem with open source is that some extensions don't get too much support

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
I've been using Firefox for awhile now. I must say it's the best browser I have ever used. It doesn't take all that long to get used to and it's inbuilt pop-up killer is great. *points and laughs at microsoft for trying to do the same with their new IE*

sub

well ok u guys sold me into getting it...btw, are any of u ppl getting paid for advertising? or so u do it cos it actually DESERVES to be spread? ;)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I use Firefox too, but 0.8, that's because I need to use ActiveX, which is not supported by higher versions. I also find flash not to be workin all that great with Firefox, does anyone else have the same problem...?

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I use Firefox too, but 0.8, that's because I need to use ActiveX, which is not supported by higher versions. I also find flash not to be workin all that great with Firefox, does anyone else have the same problem...?

Yeah I am so annoyed that some websites use that M$ activex bullcrap. I am using the latest version of Firefox and there are no problems with flash, you can even block stupid flash animations easy with Adblock.
However, I have had one problem with popup windows not working when I want them to. The URLs that don't open always end in #, and whatever I do I can't get the browser to open them, even when the website has permission to open popups. (They work in IE so I installed the "View in IE" program, it must be something to do with javascript or something)
Edit: ok I fixed it just uninstalled Tabbrowser Extensions

Last edited:

neuro_logik

HSC
I've been using Firefox since 2002 it was then formerly Phoenix then moved to Firebird, then finally Firefox, and i have never turned to any other browser since then

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
dritz2003 said:
Yeah I am so annoyed that some websites use that M$ activex bullcrap. I am using the latest version of Firefox and there are no problems with flash, you can even block stupid flash animations easy with Adblock.
However, I have had one problem with popup windows not working when I want them to. The URLs that don't open always end in #, and whatever I do I can't get the browser to open them, even when the website has permission to open popups. (They work in IE so I installed the "View in IE" program, it must be something to do with javascript or something)
Edit: ok I fixed it just uninstalled Tabbrowser Extensions
Yeah same here too. I experience the same thing in some sites. Those popups that are suppose to work in IE don't work in Firefox and end in # for some reason.
Well I guess its one of the disadvantages of havin less features.

neuro_logik

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah same here too. I experience the same thing in some sites. Those popups that are suppose to work in IE don't work in Firefox and end in # for some reason.
What do you mean less features? thats the whole thing about a pop-up blocking feature, to get rid of those damn pop-ups lol

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
It is probably because of Tabbrowser Extensions, uninstall that and install Tabbrowser Preferences instead here
(it is not as good though, I liked double-clicking on tabs to close them and also when u close the browser, having the sites that were open reopen on startup)

fatmuscle

HSC
isn't it a pity that large corporations will not allow users to install Firefox?
As long as they're under the Microsoft label, IE it will be.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I've never had this problem with firefox... with the popups at least (if you have the newest version a bar comes up which allows you to pop-up the pop-ups that have been blocked)
Yea i do have problems working on my site cuz of active-x... but then i just use ie.. only for that tho lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)