• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

You All Must Get Firefox. (1 Viewer)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
btw, firefox still seems to be a bit dodgy with flash, the site loads to 100% but nothing happens

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Grizzly said:
Apparently there is another program that tweaks FFox....i forgot where i saw it ....
Search for firefox tweaks in google. If you type 'about: config' in the address bar of firefox, you can customise more or less everything, once you find one of the many guides that tell you what each value does.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Few of the sites with .php endings don't work with firefox, do I need some sort of plug-in? It works fine with Internet Explorer. But other than that, I like firefox a lot.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
wanton-wonton said:
Few of the sites with .php endings don't work with firefox, do I need some sort of plug-in?
The file extension isn't the problem, it would most likely be javascript in the page or some sort of bad code. I agree with sunny, if you can link us to the sites, we can help you determine how to fix it :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i love opera, i think its the best ie

D

ddm

"You all must get Firefox"

SO TRUE.
Iv used it for ages now, netscape b4. I have never had any problems with it, it is the ultimate browser, especially the tabs and instant popup killer.

I had to use IE for a while.... i lasted about 4 days.
Firefox is also much more secure.

C

CaR

i'm currently using firefox to but seemingly, pages with frames don't work too well

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I love firefox, except for two things from a site designers point of view:
1. Fonts are different sizes to that of IE, and some other browsers - which is sorta expected, but a real pain when the CSS coding i use makes sites i design look completely different in Firefox than it does in IE.
2. Setting the width of objects is usless because firefox dosnt do it - this is a Firefox only problem, my coding works in all other browsers ive tried. (checkout the menu bar on http://users.coscom.net/~jkirsop/tntemp to see what I mean - view it in IE and Firefox). I've tried to resolve this problem, but couldn't and had to scrap the drop down menus I designed because they didnt match up in firefox because of the fact that I couldnt set an object width in CSS.

HSC
JimmyK said:
I love firefox, except for two things from a site designers point of view:
1. Fonts are different sizes to that of IE, and some other browsers - which is sorta expected, but a real pain when the CSS coding i use makes sites i design look completely different in Firefox than it does in IE.
2. Setting the width of objects is usless because firefox dosnt do it - this is a Firefox only problem, my coding works in all other browsers ive tried. (checkout the menu bar on http://users.coscom.net/~jkirsop/tntemp to see what I mean - view it in IE and Firefox). I've tried to resolve this problem, but couldn't and had to scrap the drop down menus I designed because they didnt match up in firefox because of the fact that I couldnt set an object width in CSS.
You can't take back the Internet without breaking a few eggs. :rolleyes:

JimmyK

HSC
lol.. so true, it'd just be good if they used css code that seems standard and allowed firefox to pass it. i spent a good few hours working on the drop downs, and it all went to waste!! - still looks alright though, and the clients are still happy.

sladehk

le random
HSC
Firefox is great especially with the Ad-Blocker extension!

JimmyK

HSC
I dont think firefox will out run IE for a while - since IE is included with Windows, and Firefox is not included with any operating system (that I know of).
The new anti-spyware thing from microsoft claims firefox is spyware - or so ive heard and it urges you to delete it ASAP - so I think IE will still dominate for a while!

HSC
JimmyK said:
I dont think firefox will out run IE for a while - since IE is included with Windows, and Firefox is not included with any operating system (that I know of).
The new anti-spyware thing from microsoft claims firefox is spyware - or so ive heard and it urges you to delete it ASAP - so I think IE will still dominate for a while!
Firefox is part of a default install of Ubuntu that I know of, not sure if it's included with anything else as of yet, but I'm sure it's getting there. :(

And yeah, the entire MS Spyware detecting Firefox thing is a joke, though seeing as it isn't funny I can see why people would be confused. (http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/27/1522245&from=rss)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Firefox is part of a default install of Ubuntu that I know of, not sure if it's included with anything else as of yet, but I'm sure it's getting there. :(

And yeah, the entire MS Spyware detecting Firefox thing is a joke, though seeing as it isn't funny I can see why people would be confused. (http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/27/1522245&from=rss)
lol, i should have seen that comming...

I guess I am short-sighted

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The linux distributions I've used have all come with firefox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)