Year 10ers relax (1 Viewer)

HSC
Takuto said:
year 11 and 12 are the scariest years EVER. i still piss my pants just thinking about it. you guys are gonna have to study sooo hard for the SC..

if you dont get 90+ in the SC, you're screwed in Year 11 and will have no clue whats going on..

the first term of year 11 you have to study (MINIMUM) 10 hours a day or you'll fail and end up in TAFE

im still traumatised over the whole experience.

oh and im doing my final exams now. the examiners are strict as. if you look to the side, you get a 0.. five people already got 0 for the english exams, and they have been crying all day
Hahaha.
You 10ers would probably have learnt the technique of sarcasm in Year 10 English by now, if not, then i totally agree with what Takuto said.

Takuto

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Hahaha.
You 10ers would probably have learnt the technique of sarcasm in Year 10 English by now, if not, then i totally agree with what Takuto said.
shhh.. they dont know.. LOL

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hahaha. Yr 10 is generally an awesome year - get to go out heaps, relax a bit, but at the same time - you shouldn't be jigging class and stuff. :p

speedofsound

HSC
Takuto said:
year 11 and 12 are the scariest years EVER. i still piss my pants just thinking about it. you guys are gonna have to study sooo hard for the SC..

if you dont get 90+ in the SC, you're screwed in Year 11 and will have no clue whats going on..

the first term of year 11 you have to study (MINIMUM) 10 hours a day or you'll fail and end up in TAFE

oh and im doing my final exams now. the examiners are strict as. if you look to the side, you get a 0.. five people already got 0 for the english exams, and they have been crying all day
omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg oh noez sav me!!!!!1111

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
Takuto said:

wow.
i'm scared. :/

EDIT: yes, I am being sarcastic.

suzlee

HSC
Who said we were stressing??
I'm a calm 10er :uhhuh:

edit: this thread is ANCIENT!

Last edited:

XFatimaX

HSC
why would Yr 11 and 12 be scary????

And people i agree don't stress for yr 10.. but at least get 70+...
I think that comes without stress...

No one wants to end up with Alepam tablets (for stress)!...thats ma sister whoz stressing out for her HSC!

SAVE UR energy for yr 11 and 12 and dont think its freaky..

FOr those who are continuing on to yr 11.. then yr 10 is only to determine wut classes ull be able to go in!! like if u dont get above 80 or something in maths now then ull obviously be no good in Adv maths or ext maths ..

And for those who are droppin out in yr 10.. then ur school certificate is the only thing u have.. :D

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
XFatimaX said:
why would Yr 11 and 12 be scary????

And people i agree don't stress for yr 10.. but at least get 70+...
I think that comes without stress...

No one wants to end up with Alepam tablets (for stress)!...thats ma sister whoz stressing out for her HSC!

SAVE UR energy for yr 11 and 12 and dont think its freaky..

FOr those who are continuing on to yr 11.. then yr 10 is only to determine wut classes ull be able to go in!! like if u dont get above 80 or something in maths now then ull obviously be no good in Adv maths or ext maths ..

And for those who are droppin out in yr 10.. then ur school certificate is the only thing u have.. :D

HAHA lol I've already got my courses and classes set for next year so I dont need to worry a lot

For some reason if you do extension maths they put me into an Extension 2u maths class as well so more work I guess but anywho no worries for me even if it means twice the maths work compared to other 2u maths classes lol :p

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Your results from year 10 will act as a good indicator for your subject selections for year 11,12. So i would study just as much as you would in your senior years to determine your strengths.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Giant Lobster said:
yeh for freak sake if ur reading this consider urself lucky on having received that advice. srsly if u wanna get into stuff like medicine (aka wannabe a doctor) u need a record of extra curricular activities

holy shit if knew about that when i was in yr 10 i so wudve went and got a list of inane stuff i did that somehow wud reflect my ability and competence as a future doctor, thus guaranteeing financial immunity from society in general... whoops i said too much

in essence, get a good record of stuff u do while ur in yr 10
the stuff u do is easy! use ur spare time effectively cos when ur in yr 11 - 12 ull be hardpressed to find the time, and when u wanna get into high competition stuff like med, u cant cos u just realised u wasted yr 10 like i have.
Um... what's CV?

Could you or anyone please give me some activities and the "stuff" that I should be doing?
Does it really play a big part in determining your entrance into uni for med?

suzlee

HSC
Awesomeness... said:
is the school certificate really that easy?
or are you guys just exaggerating?

Have a peek at the past papers which are uploaded on the board of studies site. That should give you an idea of how easy or hard it is.

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
CV stands for Curriculum Vitae.
Which is your resume.
arent they different?

like cv is your entire profile..
and resume is much more specific; job related?

im not sure though

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
xXmuffin0manXx said:
arent they different?

like cv is your entire profile..
and resume is much more specific; job related?

im not sure though
LOL.
Now that you mention it they probably are different.
whoops. :eek:

RobfromAV

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
LOL.
Now that you mention it they probably are different.
whoops. :eek:
The difference is really pretty minor. They're used interchangeably even if technically there is a difference. A CV normally refers specifically to events and achievements - it's latin for 'course of life', so it details what you've done and when. A resume is often a bit more general, but it's pretty much the same thing lolz :)

Finx

HSC
School certificate matters if you're dropping out.

If not, they'll usually look at your result to grade you into classes, eg; If there are two classes for advanced english, they might create a 'higher' class and a 'middle' class, then your SC results will determine which of the two you will end up in.

This is only assuming that your school will bother grading you into classes of ability.

HSC
I didnt stress for SC, did a tiny bit of study and got all band 5's except for computing where I got 91.
SC year should be your best and easiest year. Go out, party, have a life. I wish I had of...
If you go to a school that doesnt do work experience, push it until you get it! and if you don't, do a VET course for yr 11/12, then you'll get work placement!!
Never stress the SC!!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
What the best thing you chould do in year 10 is not to revise year 10 topics dramatically, but give yourself a head start on year 11 stuff. Once you finish studying year 11 stuff yourself, and when people are still learning year 11 stuff, you can start on year 12 stuff. This will give you a MAJOR advantage. While people are finishing off learning, you have already finished by yourself. This means that you have more time than them for perfecting exam techniques, doing more past papers and revision.

XFatimaX

HSC
iRuler said:
HAHA lol I've already got my courses and classes set for next year so I dont need to worry a lot

For some reason if you do extension maths they put me into an Extension 2u maths class as well so more work I guess but anywho no worries for me even if it means twice the maths work compared to other 2u maths classes lol :p
wow u must be really good at maths :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)