Year 10ers relax (1 Viewer)

pri

HSC
N/A
Look, you might think that Year 10 is a big deal, that if you don't pick the right subjects you won't get into uni or even that if you screw up you HSC that your life will be a failure. But just realise that its ok to do badly in Year 10 and make it a learning curb instead of putting stress on yourselves to receive a great mark in the School Certificate. Nobody cares if you do badly in Year 10 unless you are leaving school. So stop stressing!!! Go out and get a life which is not dictated by the marks you get at school, because at the end of the day if you have great scores in your HSC but no life- then your the loser.

tazzy

HSC
true true...
year ten is soo nothing compare to yr 11 and 12

hk31

HSC
do extra curricular activities while you still have the time!!!
DO SPORTS, Do WORK EXPERIENCE, etc, etc

use y10 as a year in which u can build your CV!

Giant Lobster

HSC
use y10 as a year in which u can build your CV!
yeh for freak sake if ur reading this consider urself lucky on having received that advice. srsly if u wanna get into stuff like medicine (aka wannabe a doctor) u need a record of extra curricular activities

holy shit if knew about that when i was in yr 10 i so wudve went and got a list of inane stuff i did that somehow wud reflect my ability and competence as a future doctor, thus guaranteeing financial immunity from society in general... whoops i said too much

in essence, get a good record of stuff u do while ur in yr 10
the stuff u do is easy! use ur spare time effectively cos when ur in yr 11 - 12 ull be hardpressed to find the time, and when u wanna get into high competition stuff like med, u cant cos u just realised u wasted yr 10 like i have.

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah, we already did work exp. in may and then we get to do it AGAIN at da end of da yr plus Business wk.

HSC
Originally posted by hk31

DO SPORTS, Do WORK EXPERIENCE, etc, etc
do sports...just did tae kwon do, softball and swimming :) mah friends HATE sport so much that they forged notes every lesson.
do work experience...uhm what if yur school freaking don't offer any work experience. we're the first year who don't have it cause so many catholic schools in new south wales don't have enough insurance stuff 4 students 2 do it or something. (i really don't know exact reason)
i really REALLY wanted 2 do it this year (at the local pharmacy or law office) though but the school doesn't allow it ne more :(:(:(:(:(

paki_diva

i did work exp. like 3 months ago...it was soooo good..had heaps of fun, most of all mised out on school, 1 week straight..

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
yeh for freak sake if ur reading this consider urself lucky on having received that advice. srsly if u wanna get into stuff like medicine (aka wannabe a doctor) u need a record of extra curricular activities

holy shit if knew about that when i was in yr 10 i so wudve went and got a list of inane stuff i did that somehow wud reflect my ability and competence as a future doctor, thus guaranteeing financial immunity from society in general... whoops i said too much

in essence, get a good record of stuff u do while ur in yr 10
the stuff u do is easy! use ur spare time effectively cos when ur in yr 11 - 12 ull be hardpressed to find the time, and when u wanna get into high competition stuff like med, u cant cos u just realised u wasted yr 10 like i have.
i bloody agreee to that as well.. now i dont have the bloody time to do jack crap.. i have no fucking experience in any bloody field except just sitting and looking at my books...pfttt..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeh do community work, volunteer work, get a job etc. Looks nice on your resume.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
do they actually ask for proof

can u just bullshit u did all this stuff :)

not for community work but like charities n stuff

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
It depends; if you have dishonest friends who work at places like Red cross etc. they may be able to bs for you

but you shouldnt

HSC
i tried to sign up for st vincent de paul society for volunteering in the summer/christmas holidays but most of the job are for the really old people with a hell lot of experience

Brontecat

HSC
i wish its not rlly the students that care - i dont care what i get to a reasonable point i want no less than a C or 70% depending on the subject
But its my parents - the sc matter, why aren't u studying - its the school certificate!

senorita05

HSC
You guyz make yr 12 [n] 11 sound so scary!! should i be scared?
:worried:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Brontecat said:
i wish its not rlly the students that care - i dont care what i get to a reasonable point i want no less than a C or 70% depending on the subject
But its my parents - the sc matter, why aren't u studying - its the school certificate!
HAHA you love bumping up old threads dont you... LOL

Senorita05 said:
You guyz make yr 12 [n] 11 sound so scary!! should i be scared?
Well I guess you should be scared if you want to go to UNI and get a career, if not nah dont worry about it lol, but for me I'm already Scared HAHA lol

:jaw:

Takuto

HSC
iRuler said:
Well I guess you should be scared if you want to go to UNI and get a career, if not nah dont worry about it lol, but for me I'm already Scared HAHA lol
year 11 and 12 are the scariest years EVER. i still piss my pants just thinking about it. you guys are gonna have to study sooo hard for the SC..

if you dont get 90+ in the SC, you're screwed in Year 11 and will have no clue whats going on..

the first term of year 11 you have to study (MINIMUM) 10 hours a day or you'll fail and end up in TAFE

im still traumatised over the whole experience.

oh and im doing my final exams now. the examiners are strict as. if you look to the side, you get a 0.. five people already got 0 for the english exams, and they have been crying all day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)