would you stop buying hard copies of books and download them off the net? (1 Viewer)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd rather support the book shops (and authors) than download books illegally
You dont have to download them illegally. I'm sure you could buy them from amazon or itunes or something.

rajputsingh

HSC
Just from personal experince, i'd prefer the hardcopy instead of an electronic version. I find it easier and more convenient to have the actual book in my hand instead of reading it from a computer screen. Staring at a computer screen for even longer can not be good for you.

pman

Banned
HSC
You dont have to download them illegally. I'm sure you could buy them from amazon or itunes or something.
but still, I buy most of my books from a little bookstare thats not part of a chain, they order my books in for me meaning i get what I want and have prompt service...I would rather keep these people in business than amazon or someone who just reaps in the cash big time!

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I find it easier and more convenient to have the actual book in my hand instead of reading it from a computer screen.
err
how is it more convinient, when you could have SEVERAL books on your iPad/Kindle

rajputsingh

HSC
err
how is it more convinient, when you could have SEVERAL books on your iPad/Kindle

I mean convenient as in I have the book in front of me and then type on my computer if I'm making notes. Personally for me, it is easy this way rather then flicking through various tabs and switching back. Just personal preference I guess.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
lol what the fuck that does not make sense
anyways whatevs.

boot up your computer? holy fuck because it takes >30 mins to turn on a fucken giant iPod Touch

EDIT: it takes <2 mins for a computer to start up.

pman

Banned
HSC
anyways whatevs.

boot up your computer? holy fuck because it takes >30 mins to turn on a fucken giant iPod Touch

EDIT: it takes <2 mins for a computer to start up.
and less that 10 seconds to open a book!

rajputsingh

HSC
anyways whatevs.

How does it not make sense? If you have a hard copy book you can look at and write at the same time. Unless you have two computers or two ipads you can not look at the book and write at the same time. You will be flicking back and forth. It's not that hard to understand.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
How does it not make sense? If you have a hard copy book you can look at and write at the same time. Unless you have two computers or two ipads you can not look at the book and write at the same time. You will be flicking back and forth. It's not that hard to understand.
Umm put them side by side on the computer.... unless you are using a piece of junk ipad.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
writing? as in with a pen and paper?
gee work that out.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
you have to boot up ur computer, a book can never run out of battery, the list goes on!
You don't have to boot up an itouch you just unlock it by sliding your finger, I'm guessing it would be similar for the iPad.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't have to boot up an itouch you just unlock it by sliding your finger, I'm guessing it would be similar for the iPad.
lol thats what i was getting at
finally someone gets me...

MHael

HSC
That's a stupid argument. Of course you have to boot up an Iphone or an Ipad. It's just most people leave them in a power saving hibernation mode most of the time instead, which can be done with a computer as well.

HSC
Uni Grad
+1

Just from personal experince, i'd prefer the hardcopy instead of an electronic version. I find it easier and more convenient to have the actual book in my hand instead of reading it from a computer screen. Staring at a computer screen for even longer can not be good for you.
I stare at comp screen from when I'm up to when I bed so personally, it is more convenient for me.
This also means comp boot up time is either non existent or only when I wake up.
I understand this wont be the case for most people though, lol.

Browsing in a book store =/= browsing online imo. I love wandering around in Borders, Dymocks etc. just looking for interesting reads.

I only have e-books for texts that I'm not willing to buy.
Good point and I agree, though it doesn't mean you have to buy from the store, you can buy online and browse instore.

Nah, it just wouldn't be the same
Trust me, it's exactly the same.

Really, it's just whichever suits the individual the best.

Mysterie

HSC
definately staying with real books

-ebooks hurt your eyes after like 10 minutes
-printing them out is a bich
-cant make notes on it, if your studying it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)