Why do so many people boast about their UAI? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nottellingu

HSC
LOL @ katie

I dont know how to quote your quote but you spelt my username wrong in an attempt to quote me....well done :rofl: Secondly trolls is not singular and it wasnt directed at you.

You seem to be convinced that i am glorifying myself with my uai where right from the start i have said it is what get u into uni. Am i right or wrong ?
If you are going to try to quote me again atleast spell my username correctly and save yourself some embarrassment :)

" a UAI of 99... other than granting you admission to uni, it doesn't actually mean anything"

Are you serious ? It means ur in the top 1% (appox) of the state. Its the final result of the 13 years you spend at school. It is an achievement to be proud of. Obviously its not going to be a hot topic at uni....no shitt but its not like u wake up look at it, go meh this means jack shit and never think about it ever again. Although, it might be a good idea if you have epically failed.

And infact i think a 99+ uai tutor would be more useful in some aspects compared to a person who has topped a subject and failed the rest. It shows the person can manage their time well, that they have good organisational skills and a wide variety of qualities that has enabled them to do well in a variety of subjects. And as a reult while they may not be as talented as a person who has topped thae state at a particular subject, the skills they posses will probably make them are more effective tutor who can communicate well. You cannot get 99 uai by being good at one subject.

"I don't know anybody in my MedSc course who wants to transfer into medicine"

:eek: :eek: :eek: wow ! LOL i really dont know what to say. From all reports its a course with a reputation of being filled with med hopefulls. Perhaps getting of hsc forums when ur in ur 4th year of uni and meeting some ppl doing med sci.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Nobody gives a shit about your username either, you dweeb. Seriously, go tell mummy about it
'MUMMY, MUMMY THE BIG BAD PERSON ON BOS SPELT MY USERNAME WRONG :( :( :( :('

I spend more time in the uni forums than I do the HSC forums kiddo, if you runts didn't ask such dumb questions we wouldn't be in here!

:wave:

nottellingu

HSC
Yea claps for the girl that likes to make up quotes for her own defence *claps*

Your logical reasoning is totally flawed. A person can boast if they come 1st in a subject but they cant if they get a high uai ???

Im sure that many other people are willing to provide help and assistance to hsc students. Not like you answer them properly either.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
katie tully said:
They were answered fine, you guys just can't handle the truth. Your 15 seconds of fame will be up soon.
Precisely the attitude that I dislike.
Now, to be completely fair, i think that there is a certain degree of jealously factoring in this.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
dp624 said:
Precisely the attitude that I dislike.
Now, to be completely fair, i think that there is a certain degree of jealously factoring in this.
How so? You think I'm jealous of a 99 UAI? lol. For what? Without knowing my UAI, how can you be sure I'm jealous of yours?

And to be fair, as I'm in the degree I want, I haven't given my UAI a second thought since the 19th December 2005.

dp624

HSC
katie tully said:
How so? You think I'm jealous of a 99 UAI? lol. For what? Without knowing my UAI, how can you be sure I'm jealous of yours?

And to be fair, as I'm in the degree I want, I haven't given my UAI a second thought since the 19th December 2005.
Well without knowing mine, what can you really say? Ok, so you're in the degree you want. props to you. however medsci (i think) has lower cutoffs than some other degrees. perhaps you had other aspirations on your mind but over time you convinced yourself that you wanted medsci.
and i;m sure you've litterally given it more thoughts. to be honest you're one of the more passionate voices speaking out against the rest of us who actually like that we got a nice uai.

lionking1191

HSC
katie tully said:

lol he got 100

well thats your view. other people are entitled to theirs too. uai might not mean anything to you but im sure there's people out there who like to pat themselves on the back for the hard yards they put in. being dismissive of other people's achievements is just rude.

i think the conclusion is everything should be done in moderation. being too excessive isn't pleasant for anyone

bigb0yjames

HSC
alcalder said:
It's a very Aussie thing to bring someone down for being proud of their hard earned achievements. Congrats to those who got a great mark, no matter where that lies in the scheme of things. Because great is relative, depending on only one thing - YOU!
please explain to us all how having an Australian nationality is related to boasting about ur UAI. PLEASE. i want to here your great explanation.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
lionking1191 said:
lol he got 100

well thats your view. other people are entitled to theirs too. uai might not mean anything to you but im sure there's people out there who like to pat themselves on the back for the hard yards they put in. being dismissive of other people's achievements is just rude.

i think the conclusion is everything should be done in moderation. being too excessive isn't pleasant for anyone
Nobody is being dismissive. The point is, you can be proud of your achievement like a UAI in quiet. The rest of the world doesn't give a shit. Something like a state ranking in a subject however, is entirely different.

See the distinction?

Well without knowing mine, what can you really say? Ok, so you're in the degree you want. props to you. however medsci (i think) has lower cutoffs than some other degrees. perhaps you had other aspirations on your mind but over time you convinced yourself that you wanted medsci.
and i;m sure you've litterally given it more thoughts. to be honest you're one of the more passionate voices speaking out against the rest of us who actually like that we got a nice uai.
Yes MedSc does have a lower cut off, this doesn't mean I aimed low just because my degree doesn't require 99.95. I didn't always want MedSc. I got into BSci(Earth Science) originally, because I wanted to do Earth Science. Didn't like it, so I transferred.

The thing is, some people (myself included) don't believe that because we get a high UAI we have to do law or something else. Some of us are content with taking a degree with a lower UAI entry because that's the degree we wanted - the fact that we got a higher UAI than expected and thus had more options is good, but it doen't mean one has to change their minds and aim higher.

dp624

HSC
katie tully said:
Nobody is being dismissive. The point is, you can be proud of your achievement like a UAI in quiet. The rest of the world doesn't give a shit. Something like a state ranking in a subject however, is entirely different.

See the distinction?
Well, ah, I got both state ranks and the uai and no, i actually did not post my uai on Bored or anything. other people did =.=

the effort and dedication for a high uai > state ranking imo

and you sound pretty darn dismissive to me.

Last edited:

bigb0yjames

HSC
even though i hate katie tully and i think she is a ganger...i have to agree with her.

lionking1191

HSC
katie tully said:

See the distinction?
thats my point about moderation. your subjective perception of 'quietly' also may differ to someone elses. what then?

i fail to see how state ranking is diff.? they are both academic achievements in which ur rewarded for the effort u put in. what's the distinction?

dp624

HSC
bigb0yjames said:
please explain to us all how having an Australian nationality is related to boasting about ur UAI. PLEASE. i want to here your great explanation.
no, that guy meant that aussies like to put others work out. e.g. what katie is doing

lionking1191

HSC
dp624 said:
no, that guy meant that aussies like to put others work out. e.g. what katie is doing
damn it its called the tall poppy syndrome :mad:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
i think this thread should go back to me insulting asians about their height and inabilty to reach important objects.

As well as them disobeying gravity

HSC
katie tully said:
The thing is, some people (myself included) don't believe that because we get a high UAI we have to do law or something else. Some of us are content with taking a degree with a lower UAI entry because that's the degree we wanted - the fact that we got a higher UAI than expected and thus had more options is good, but it doen't mean one has to change their minds and aim higher.
So many more people should realise this, IMO.

nottellingu

HSC
Schroedinger said:
EDIT: Double fucking lol if you're doing law or medicine

Law: Enjoy finding a job in the oversaturated market

Medicine: Enjoy earning a maximum of 200k for the rest of your life for a pretty shitty job.

yea OK :fish:

Your opinions are .... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)