Why do so many people boast about their UAI? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigb0yjames

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Having had the opportunity to do both and talking to people in their field and having one parent being a surgeon and the other being a barrister I'm pretty sure I know a fuckload more about the state of the market than some retard who can barely communicate in pidgin english.

Keep on deluding yourself though, sunshine. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

nottellingu

HSC
Care to share a bit more of what you know about the market ?
I know surgeons that make more than 200K...not like 200K is a small amount....nor should salary be the only important factor when picking a career.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
For you 08ers, the UAI might seem important now because you're still waiting for uni offers, but once you begin uni it basically becomes a thing of the past. Yep, you got UAI of ______ but everyone starts on the same square at uni. Uni marks are in no way correlated to anyone's UAI (i.e. those with top UAIs don't necessarily get top uni marks). The boasting stops there because most people around you scored similar UAIs, so the achievement is not such a big deal to them lol. So if you really want to boast, you have about 2 months left to do it lol :D

If you intend to tutor, then yes you'll need your HSC marks/UAI for marketing purposes later on, but keep in mind it's the results of your students that matter, not necessarily your own.

Last edited:

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
nottellingu said:
yea OK :fish:

Your opinions are .... LOL
And your opinions are anecdotal and wrong.

I suggest that you actually listen to people who know what they're talking about instead of going on a crusade, spouting out the shit you've been taught by your ill informed parents who probably believe that the only way you could contribute to society or get a job is in medicine and law, because those are really great, amazing jobs...

Seriously man. Shut the fuck up you dumb fucking twat, and don't you dare rant on about how things are subjective. Your uai doesn't matter, it is one particular route of getting to one destination, faster or more direct than another.

No one cares, and if they do care then they obviously too are deficient in any sort of knowledge of how life works.

Way to go, wrote learn everything, get a good uai, fail at life and end up doing the same shit as everyone else but stay deluded, justify your schooling with a mark.

Justify yourself.

nottellingu

HSC
EbonyTW said:
And your opinions are anecdotal and wrong.

I suggest that you actually listen to people who know what they're talking about instead of going on a crusade, spouting out the shit you've been taught by your ill informed parents who probably believe that the only way you could contribute to society or get a job is in medicine and law, because those are really great, amazing jobs...
Haha, im pretty sure that i know a fair bit about courses im planning to enter. There is a big difference in talking to new graduates and doing research yourself than just getting ypur opinions from a parent who graduated 30 years ago.

EbonyTW said:
Your uai doesn't matter, it is one particular route of getting to one destination, faster or more direct than another.
Yes i agree...but its also an achievement, thats all im saying.

EbonyTW said:
Way to go, wrote learn everything, get a good uai, fail at life and end up doing the same shit as everyone else but stay deluded, justify your schooling with a mark.
How do u know im going to do the same shit as everyone else ? What defines a good uai ? Infact i think most subjects i did generally arent so much wrote learnt.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
btw, plenty of people I work with earn 60-75K a year without a degree. I suppose there is no room to improve on that, but I'd much rather be doing my current job then being a wage slave at a desk for less dollars.

bigb0yjames

HSC
my cousins husband makes 85K a year without a single qualification. done year 10. came to australia like 15 months ago.

spence

HSC
nottellingu said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: wow ! LOL i really dont know what to say. From all reports its a course with a reputation of being filled with med hopefulls.
By 'from all reports' you mean from all reports except that of the 4th year med science student?

Tristanator

HSC
Anyone starting to round their uai up when people ask?

96.65 sounds gay, so I just say 97 :D

lionking1191

HSC
Tristanator said:
Anyone starting to round their uai up when people ask?

96.65 sounds gay, so I just say 97 :D
99.x doesn't quite have the impact of a '100'

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
lionking1191 said:
99.x doesn't quite have the impact of a '100'
mmm...i don't know what it is, but to me the sound of '99.xx' has a nice sound to it, compared to 100

dont get me wrong, 100 is better than 99.xx, but, i dunno what it is, maybe because it takes longer to say?

lol (end of ramble):hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)