Why do people hate religion? (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
cheesman said:
hotshot, ur comments on this board seem to display shallow faith (eg the way u say mean unneccesary things about others, or have no respect for the greatest 'prohpet' next to mohammed, not really showing much love/striving for peace)) if i were non christian i would be turned off islam if this is wat it produces. im talking about all the bagging, the dirty talk, you are not showing love at all, nor are u advertising islam in a good way.
btw, this may apply to others not just you.
now im not saying i havent sometimes said the wrong thing cause i have but i do something about it, instead of still doing it.
, wat i am saying is that u, and every other person on this board who is islamic, jewish christian watever, should try live up to what/who they say they are.
why would i advertise islam?...:bomb:

L

littlewing69

cheesman said:
after what i have experienced, heard others do things that i dont, and after knowing other christians such as myself who are in fact different to others when it comes to various moral issues etc.. i beg to differ
Yes, various moral issues. But in terms of day-to-day interaction with other human beings most Christians are just like their non-religious peers. There are some truly remarkable Christians I know who are noticably different, but they are by far the exception and not the rule.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I deleted a number of inappropriate comments and the relevant replies.

Thread re-opened, but be sure to keep it clean and constructive.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I don't know... delete it if you may josh

But I had to share it:

Islam vs Christianity

Its the Daily Show, a satirical debate between a "muslim" and "christian" believer. It uses mostly fundamental and stereotypical ideas with both sides. There may be some jewish references you might not like. If you feel you have a good chance of getting offended by this, don't click it.

Otherwise, its a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgHfq0epSJg

Last edited:

robbie1

HSC
Nolanistic said:
It's hella accurate, all you dodgy fucks hate the Jews.
Actually, hatred of anybody goes against the Christian faith. So you are wrong.

robbie1

HSC
littlewing69 said:
Oh please.
Yeah, im not sure if you have heard, but one of the main principles of Christianity is to love thy neighbour. Forgiveness is another.....have a nice day.

L

littlewing69

robbie1 said:
Yeah, im not sure if you have heard, but one of the main principles of Christianity is to love thy neighbour. Forgiveness is another.....have a nice day.
Yeah no shit. Pity the history of organised religion tells another story. Hatred is kind of a specialty of all these 'loving' ideologies when put into practise.

lschub

HSC
people hate religion cause they dont understand it & they are scared to dive into the unknown

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
littlewing69 said:
Yeah no shit. Pity the history of organised religion tells another story. Hatred is kind of a specialty of all these 'loving' ideologies when put into practise.
You're judging Christianity based on a few misled Christians.

Judge Christianity by Christ alone.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Actually, hatred of anybody goes against the Christian faith. So you are wrong.
Ok, so if you hate people you're not a christian? I'd claim there's no christians then by your silly definition. Personally though I prefer to just accept that anyone who claims they, in loose terms, believe 'Jesus' is their lord is a christian.

people hate religion cause they dont understand it & they are scared to dive into the unknown
I think you'll find alot of the people that dislike religion know quite a bit about them.

Well alot of people don't believe in Christ and even if they did, why should they judge their religion by their founder alone? How's that going to help them deal with the assholes that exist within their religion?

L

littlewing69

Disease said:

I judge Jesus on his own merits, and I judge Christians on their own merits.

Your suggestion is like asking me to judge Communism on Marx alone--which is daft.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I just edited that post with the video saying

Its the Daily Show, a satirical debate between a "muslim" and "christian" believer. It uses mostly fundamental and stereotypical ideas with both sides. There may be some jewish references you might not like. If you feel you have a good chance of getting offended by this, don't click it.

I thought I'd repeat this so that anyone who got offended prior to my editing would see.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Nolanistic said:
It's hilariously great. Also it's a Comedy show you stoned douchebag.

It's hella accurate, all you dodgy fucks hate the Jews.
dude its lame.. its been done so many fucken times its LAME.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Anyone else instantly have a 'ya mum' joke come into their head when they read hot shot's post?
Some probably do, but that's no reason for it to appear within a content-free post.

Everyone, keep it constructive or just don't bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)