Why do people hate religion? (1 Viewer)

robbie1

HSC
vojnik said:
I hate it because it destroyed my birth country. Pretty simple.
really?

dont you realise that its human beings who destroy things?

some may use religion as an excuse but its still human actions that do the 'destroying'

how can you blame 'religion' for anything....that is just absurd, people do what they like, 'religion' dosent suddenly grow arms and legs and shoot people.

BTW, are you talking about Croatia, Serbia or BiH ?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
robbie1 said:
really?

dont you realise that its human beings who destroy things?

some may use religion as an excuse but its still human actions that do the 'destroying'

how can you blame 'religion' for anything....that is just absurd, people do what they like, 'religion' dosent suddenly grow arms and legs and shoot people.

BTW, are you talking about Croatia, Serbia or BiH ?
I think they might've meant religion as an institution and construct, not in the God sense.

Much like the idea of race as something you can embrace as well as something that can cause great and harmful divides between people.

Religion can grow arms and legs when man makes it as a reason to do something destructive. Its a set of values and ideologies. I could point you out some members of this forum who hate communism in the same logic. Why does it not make sense to hate an ideology, a set of values etc?

I empathise with vojnik. I too would hate religion as the driving force of destruction. I would still feel that religion holds a lot of importance though, particularly in a social sense.

Last edited:

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
gerhard said:
well i think this debate is pretty juvenile, but this website http://www.infolink-islam.de/Main//Quran/Contra/index.html seems to think there are numerous contradictions in the qu'ran. in fact it lists 88.
ill come back to that link later

im not sure if you've actually read the Quran or even checked the site urself; the guy seems to have put hours into it

consider this logic :

Is Jesus the son of Allah? The Qur'an says no. Yet it is also entirely consistent with the Qur'an to consider Allah the Father of Jesus for the following reasons:

1) Allah caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus
2) Allah determined some of the physical characteristics of Jesus
3) All of the genetic characteristics of Jesus were determined by just two parties: Allah and Mary.
Hence it appears legitimate to call Allah the father of Jesus, at least in a figurative sense.
and the only evidence used to get to that position was this verse:

The angels said to Mary: "Allah bids you rejoice in a word from him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary. He shall be noble in this world and the hereafter, and shall be favored by Allah. He shall preach to men in his cradle and the prime of manhood, and shall lead a righteous life."
"Lord", she said, "how can I bear a child when no man has touched me?"
He replied: "Such is the will of Allah. He creates whom He will. When He decrees a thing He need only say: 'Be' and it is. He will instruct him in the Scriptures and in wisdom, in the Torah and in the Gospel, and send him forth as an apostle to the Israelites..."
even though the reasoning was unreliable in other areas anyway, i think the average non muslim will see the flaws....

but if anyone doesnt believe me; heres the site once again:
http://www.infolink-islam.de/Main//Quran/Contra/index.html

http://www.infolink-islam.de/Main//Quran/Contra/qi037.html
How many creators are there?

Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators!
-- Sura 23:14
u make a table or chair, or a robot - are u not its creator?

a visiting lecturer to my school from unsw said: "we have a saying in the CSE that whoever spends a year working on artificial intelligence, that will be enough to convince him of the existence of God"

Why- because God is the best of creators- i cant believe the site authors didnt put that in------ just making the numbers

note that im not even a learned muslim- i never studied islam besides reading the Quran, a few hadiths and asked a few people stuff and websites. but i never studied arabic grammar, rhetoric like the pagan arabs did and even they didnt come up with these arguments

well the pagans did come up with this argument:

And now the verse that brings the contradiction to the above:

Surely you and what you worship besides Allah
are the firewood of hell; to it you shall come.
-- Sura 21:98

The logic is clear, Jesus is not God [5:75], millions of Christians are worshiping Jesus today and even the Qur'an acknowledges this [5:119], therefore Jesus will be fuel for the Hell fire [21:98] together with the Christians. This clearly contradicts the verses on Jesus' special place near to Allah [Sura 3:45; 4:158 and others].
http://www.infolink-islam.de/Main//Quran/Contra/qi032.html

any law student will answer a question like this:

IF A signs a document for a mortgage she is liable to honour it. (prima facie case est),. But.......

2 verrses later:

Surely (as for) those for whom the good has already gone forth from Us,
they shall be kept far off from it;
They will not hear its faintest sound, and they shall abide in that which their souls long for.
The great fearful event shall not grieve them,
and the angels shall meet them: This is your day which you were promised.
-- Sura 21:101-103

this is because the first set of verses related to idols, not people as it was directed to the pagans of arabia primarily and 2ndly as a general statement.

and the pagan arabs left their initial attack- it didnt hold any water so to speak.

and 1400 years later, this guy comes across it ! athiests will believe anything- go to the Quran read it- if there is a contradiction it will be blatantly obvious!

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I hate it because people say stuff like this about homosexuals
who watches big brother anyways. astakhfirallah, that is a show for desperate PERVERTS that have nothing to do in their spare time. and subhanallah why can't we do something more useful with our time instead of watching this disgusting show! im not saying you guys watch it, its just a warning that sometimes we murder our time when we can be doing something more useful.

about ur fagg topic. i find it digusting. dish dash, sorry but in my eyes they r the faggiest ppl in the world, and i cannot stand them. they will never be acepted by me, nor will i treat them good. cos in my eyes even animals like the opposite sex, look they have dragged themselves less than hayawaan!

these lutiyeen really pee me off! they r ruining the nature of man and women, and creating disgusting publicity by saying they want freedom, they wnat to be equal etc...how the hell can u be equal if ur a fagg. u have not followed the sunnah of the prophet sal allahu allayhi wassalam and u have disrespected the beauty of man and women, two that were made for each other like milk and cookies. the two that can bring offspring to this world, so we can make islam grow. its disgusting what they do, say, feel, think, dress!
taken from muslimvillage.com

You have no idea how wrong that person I believe is, hypocracy complaining they are the ones being oppressed by the west and dickheads stick up for them and they turn around and rant like this.

I HATE these religions because they HATE me.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I don't hate religion. But I don't REALLY believe in it either. I think people just need some sort of hope to resort to. Like something to believe in...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
The main issue I take with religion (and I know this won't necesarily apply to all of them) is this:

- Religion doesn't leave room for flexibility in moral thought. If god says that 'x is good' then x is invariably accepted as good. It prevents deeper metaethical analyses and revision of the values that we hold. As someone who has never placed a great deal of importance on authority figures I have trouble thinking of an ethical system which is more disapointing than one based on the rule 'x is good when authority figure y says that it is so'. An extreme example is this which was posted in another thread previously and really makes me despair for the future of humanity. They have no basis for hating gays other than the fact that they believe that god says 'it is immoral to be gay'. They refuse to question their beliefs. It is this moral inflexibility which most worries me about religion and which will always make me hesitate when I am considering its worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)