• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why do people hate religion? (2 Viewers)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
She didn't denounce it she said denouned anyone's interpretation of any aspect of islam as murderous.
Including the people that actually apply it that way.

She denied that was a part of her religion and had the nerve to say that islam is a peaceful religion.
By denying it she's saying that people like Osama or Omar aren't even muslims, there's little better denounciation than that.

And OMG free speech and religion! Someone call Stalin quick!

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
She didn't denounce it she said denouned anyone's interpretation of any aspect of islam as murderous. She denied that was a part of her religion and had the nerve to say that islam is a peaceful religion.
how many times do i have to say this...

islam doesnt encourage people to go around murdering people...and why shouldnt i have the nerve to say its a peaceful religion ? the only reason people dont find it peaceful is coz they dont understand it or else based everything they know about the religion on what people following the religion have done...

bshoc

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
...umm.. actually all the clerics in australia dont support terrorisim..and theres nothing worng to beling devoted to ones religion ...and many overseas dont argree with it either..i cant say they all do since not all of them have spoken of it..
There are some who do (even here in Aus.), it's been on the news and it's been leaked all over the place.

also you really cant blame the sheik for what people do the most he can do is tell them what the religion is about he cant force them to follow the religion any more then he can force you...

so it aint his fault.

also in islam its forbiden to kill innocent civilians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad
So any muslim that kills civilians is not muslim, correct? The problem I'm trying to point out that in the middlle east these sheiks are radical and uneducated, and the followers are uneducated and sheep, thus the whole church or embassy burning thing falls into place.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
no they are but they get punished for their sins in hell...
Little comfort to some as you can appreciate, even the scores of muslims dying from Al-Q bombings daily.

HSC
well in islam if you commit a sin they you will face the consequences and be punished for it...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
no they began the war coz they didnt accept it as a religion and because the non-muslims didnt want islam to exist, therefore the non-muslims began the war

also about this whole theory of muslims forcing non-muslims to become muslims where the hell did everyone get that from??????
maybe they got it from when constantinople was seiged and taken by muslims?
The Ottoman empire has frequently been touted as the original muslim empire. It was responsible for spreading islam as far as Spain. However they did not do this is a peaceful way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Constantinople

many civilians were slaughtered by the Turks when they first burst through the walls and captured the towers on the land walls
the doors were breached, the troopes separated the congregation according to what price they might bring on the slave markets. A few of the elderly and some infants were summarily slain with a commercial ruthlessness. Soldiers fought over the possession of richly clad senators or for the comely youth or maiden.
hint: to rape them

a large part of the populace was either raped, despoiled, or enslaved
i beleive that proves how violent and uncouth muslims were.

So now we know that muslims conquered lands forcibly, but how does this affect conversion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhimmi
rulers occasionally broke the pledge and dhimmis were forced to choose between conversion to Islam and death. Forced conversions occurred mostly in the Maghreb, especially under the Almohads, a militant dynasty with messianic claims, as well as in Persia, where Shi'a Muslims were generally less tolerant than their Sunni counterparts.[53]

In the 12th century, rulers of the Almohad dynasty killed or forcibly converted Jews and Christians in Andalusia and the Maghreb, putting an end to the existence of Christian communities in North Africa outside Egypt
communities were subjected to the payment of taxes in favor of Muslims — a requirement that was central to dhimma as a whole. Sura 9:29 stipulates that jizya be exacted from non-Muslims as a condition required for jihad to cease. Failure to pay the jizya could result in the pledge of protection of a dhimmi's life and property becoming void, with the dhimmi facing the alternatives of conversion, enslavement or death (or imprisonment, as advocated by Abu Yusuf, the chief qadi — religious judge — of Abbasid caliph Harun al-Rashid).[82]
so now we know after muslims take over your city you may be given the choice to covert or die, or given the choice to pay heavy taxes [ said to be a heavy burden to payable by most] or die, be enslaved or possibly castrated.

Those who themselves escape punishment for the ultimate crime or being a non-muslim sometimes paid the price through their children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_the_Ottoman_Empire
For some reason the janissary article is down, but basically muslims would go on something like a pogrom smashing down doors and kidnapping non-muslim children. These kids were usually castrated and then treated as slaves. Most of these slaves went on to military school and became the backbone of the ottoman empire. Most would never see their family again.

So as we can see, muslims are clearly a peace loving people who do not force you to convert at all, there is no extortion, threat of death or heavy taxes going on. Yeah right.
Try and defend this position by saying that this all happened in the past and i will tear your arguement apart. I dont need to start quoting examples of people being stoned to death recently for deciding to change religions in an islamic country do i?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
The Ottoman empire has frequently been touted as the original muslim empire. It was responsible for spreading islam as far as Spain. However they did not do this is a peaceful way.
The Ottomans were never in Spain, Serius.

HSC
it did happen a long time ago...but that aint going to be an excuse ...

i'll answer it all tomorrow... im really sleepy right now...:(

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Generator said:
The Ottomans were never in Spain, Serius.
i can see how that could be missinterpreted. They controlled parts of north africa, and from there were able to spread islam into spain. The actual ottoman empire was never in spain, but many of their preachers were.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Serius, the Ottoman Empire came to power as the Christian Kingdoms were retaking Spain (and Portugal) (edit: in fact, the Christian Kingdoms were largely in control of the peninsula by the time that the initial Ottoman state declared its independence at the end of the 13th century).

The Moors, on the other hand...

Last edited:

robbie1

HSC
Have a read of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI_Islam_controversy

Some Muslims in India burned an effigy of the pope, and many joined in protest marches. About 2,000 Palestinians in Gaza City protested the Pope's statement on 15 September; a Greek Orthodox and an Anglican Church in Nablus were fire-bombed. A group called the Lions of Monotheism claimed responsibility for the attacks and said they were carried out to protest the pope's speech. Palestinians bombed and engaged in shootings against five churches in the West Bank and Gaza. Security has been discreetly stepped up around and inside the Vatican City, because of concerns about the possibility of acts of violence.

On 17 September 2006 two Somali gunmen shot and killed an elderly nun and a bodyguard in a Mogadishu hospital. A senior Somali Islamist who spoke on condition of anonymity that 'There is a very high possibility the people who killed her were angered by the Catholic Pope's recent comments against Islam'. However, the Reuters agency said he offered no specific evidence to support that motive at this time.

The Iraqi militia Jaish al-Mujahedin (Holy Warriors' Army) announced its intention to "destroy their cross in the heart of Rome… and to hit the Vatican." A previously unknown Baghdad-based group, Kataab Ashbal Al Islam Al Salafi (Islamic Salafist Boy Scout Battalions) threatened to kill all Christians in Iraq if the Pope does not apologize to Mohammed in three days in front of the whole world. A Supreme Islamic Courts Council of Somalia cleric has called for the Pope's assassination, urging Muslims to "hunt down the Pope for his barbaric statements." [38], another demanded that "whosoever offends our Prophet Mohammed should be killed on the spot by the nearest Muslim".

Last edited by a moderator:

Generator

HSC
N/A
If the Muslim bashing continues, I will lock this thread.

Once again, keep it constructive and reasonable.

robbie1

HSC
Why did you have to edit my post? You could have at least left the part where I said "with emphasis on the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs"....what was so offensive about that?

Generator

HSC
N/A
robbie1 said:
Why did you have to edit my post? You could have at least left the part where I said "with emphasis on the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs"....what was so offensive about that?
1. See my previous post.
2. What I left was and continues to be adequate - there's no need to emphasise two paragraphs when there are only three on the screen.

robbie1

HSC
Generator said:
1. See my previous post.
2. What I left was and continues to be adequate - there's no need to emphasise two paragraphs when there are only three on the screen.
1. I saw your previous post
2. Why cant I decide what is and isnt adequate for my own posts? Fair enough you edited out the "offensive" part, but if I wish to emphasise certain parts of my post, what is the problem with that?

p.s - are you on this forum 24/7

Generator

HSC
N/A
robbie1 said:
1. I saw your previous post
2. Why cant I decide what is and isnt adequate for my own posts? Fair enough you edited out the "offensive" part, but if I wish to emphasise certain parts of my post, what is the problem with that?

p.s - are you on this forum 24/7
To my mind your suggestion was but one part of the offensive phrase, and for the sake of simplicity I thought it wise to leave a mere "Have a read of this". I stand by this interpretation and course of action, by the way.

No, I'm not here 24/7, but for some reason I always manage to make my presence known whenever people feel the need to go beyond what is appropriate.

Once again, keep it constructive and reasonable.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
...umm.. actually all the clerics in australia dont support terrorisim..and theres nothing worng to beling devoted to ones religion ...and many overseas dont argree with it either..i cant say they all do since not all of them have spoken of it..

also you really cant blame the sheik for what people do the most he can do is tell them what the religion is about he cant force them to follow the religion any more then he can force you...

so it aint his fault.

also in islam its forbiden to kill innocent civilians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad
he can't force me because I dont beleive in islam. He can force, brainwash and groom his followers because they believe in islam and their source of faith is through the sheikh's interpretation of Islam. He abuse his power and turn them into suicide bomber. He is responsible for preaching hatred against the west and urging his followers to kill others. Islam will only be peaceful if they have responsible religious leaders.

Using your logic, George Bush is not responsible for Abu Gharid abuse because he did not tell the soldiers to attack inmates with dogs and photograph them naked. Or he is not responsible for Iraq war because he only told soldiers to go to iraq and fight , he don't have any power or force cause he is only an old man? Of course he is an old man but he have power, political power,so does religious leaders; which can be much more venomous than political power.

robbie1

HSC
shiftyicequeen,

Do you have a comment on my post above, the one where it says that your fellow muslims have murdered an elderly nun and plan to assiainate the Holy Father?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)