• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why do people hate religion? (1 Viewer)

robbie1

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
what you want me to say ?
Well you havent said anything about it...dont you think you should say something considering you are trying to convince us Islam is a religion of peace? Do you support these acts?

Aryanbeauty

HSC
heres a news for you:

Clerics `teaching jihad in secret'
Natalie O'Brien, Tracy Ong
MATP
614 words
18 September 2006
The Australian
1 - All-round Country
English
Copyright 2006 News Ltd. All Rights Reserved

ISLAMIC clerics in Sydney and Melbourne are using covert tactics to preach martyrdom and jihad to young followers, recruiting them under the guise of classes teaching the Koran.

Singapore-based terrorism analyst Rohan Gunaratna told The Australian that despite their denials and stronger terror laws, religious leaders in the two cities continued to preach violence to impressionable followers, though they now did it away from their mainstream teachings.

He said the clerics' influence on young believers increased the risk of a terrorist attack in Australia, most likely a suicide bombing.

"We have seen a number of Australian clerics preaching jihad and martyrdom," Dr Gunaratna said. "The most likely form of attack in Australia is a suicide attack for jihad. You will need to make arrests in time."

Clive Williams, who runs a terrorism and counter-terrorism program at the Australian Defence Force Academy, said young Muslims were being recruited for jihad through "Koran classes".

"They are doing it differently now," Mr Williams said. "They are advertising for Koran classes and then selecting a few people for an inner circle."

Mr Williams said the clerics were profiling the followers in the Koran classes and selecting impressionable ones to target separately and privately for indoctrination.

"It makes it very difficult to penetrate as an outsider," he said.

I access the website through library so i cant put direct link but if you have factiva heres the link http://global.factiva.com.ezproxy.uow.edu.au:2048/ga/default.aspx?imt=2

HotShot

-_-
HSC
robbie1 said:
Well you havent said anything about it...dont you think you should say something considering you are trying to convince us Islam is a religion of peace? Do you support these acts?
how does those events have to do with religion of peace? wat if that man or whover murdered the nun wasnt practicing islam?

also.. at least islam doesnt try to assimilate ppl, and try to force them into their religion.

hint : unlike christanity.

HSC
islam is about peace ...yeah we all get it by now, and im sure no one wants to read a whole bloody page of me going on about how peacful it is, considering you could just look back in this thread or others...[and coz none of you believe it]

an about "these acts", firstly i think it was huge, but what did you expect? people to go around saying how the pope is the best and for the to thank him for talking about the religion and the prophet in such a way...[and yes i know there were parts that werent included, but that has also happened with muslims and when they say that, no one listens]

but i think those people [that were injured] had nothing to do with it so they shouldnt have attacked them... i get the whole thing about telling the pope to say sorry and all...

what else you want? coz i aint going to say that he was right or that he is good or anything like that...

oh can you ALL please stop calling islam evil and bad and whatever else you people call it... [and im being serious its getting annoying]

robbie1

HSC
HotShot said:
how does those events have to do with religion of peace? wat if that man or whover murdered the nun wasnt practicing islam?

also.. at least islam doesnt try to assimilate ppl, and try to force them into their religion.

hint : unlike christanity.
1. the murderers are muslim, i assure you

2. if they dont force people into their religion, they certainly dont let them out. do you know that in countries like saudi arabia you are given the death penalty if you want to convert to another religion?

3. how many centuries ago did christianity do that...Pope John Paul II apologised asked for forgiveness for what the church did in the past. What more do you want?

HSC
^dont know about him but i think you are coz of the pope you got, and coz your going on about him and you werent soo pissed off before he spoke...

and totally off the topic but is there anyway i could stop seeing avatars?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
robbie1 said:

2. if they dont force people into their religion, they certainly dont let them out. do you know that in countries like saudi arabia you are given the death penalty if you want to convert to another religion?

3. how many centuries ago did christianity do that...Pope John Paul II apologised asked for forgiveness for what the church did in the past. What more do you want?
recently how many people in saudi have been given the death penalty? chrisitians trying to convert people is still going on, blood hell, uni is a perfect example of these bullshit christians trying to convert me.

Pope john paulII who the fuck is he? thats one person who apologised? just one? wtf u going on about dude?

as i said before he could be muslim ( i srs dont know how u know?) but wat makes u think he takes his religion to his heart and follows it truthfully and in the proper manner?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3799275a12,00.html

i am sure the dude that shot all the people here was christian - so does that mean that christanity is a religion of evil and violence?

HSC
robbie1 said:

if the religion is so bad then why is it that there are so many chrisitians becoming muslims ?

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
VollDoggy said:
People commonly dont have a religion these days, this thread is for all the athiests, existentialists and people who are religion confused, why don't you have a religion? Religious people? No time? Being pressured by religious people?

When i talk about religion here i mean the relationship with God or Buddah or whatever/whoever people choose to worship, not the whole go to church, get baptised, take communion, get circumcised, have a bar mitzvah, go on a crusade or whatever activities churches tell you to do thats not directly related to a relationship with "the one" as the matrix so nicely puts it

I appologise if this thread offends anyone by not including the one they worship, not in capitals, incorrect spelling etc.
sorry.. joining in late.

main reason - people who are too into their religion are too pushy and aggressive. some people just dun like been pushed..

and there's some part to do with a person's upbringing as well.

cheesman

HSC
you cannot honestly tell me that christianity forces people more than islam
yes i aggree with robbie, just look at all those arab countries, where converts to christianity are either killed by law, or by muslims.

christians do try to convert people alot thats true.
but do they do it with violence?

umm with that shooting guy, i suggest you look at him. he hated society and people and you're pretty sure he's christian? read the bible mate.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
cheesman said:
you cannot honestly tell me that christianity forces people more than islam
yes i aggree with robbie, just look at all those arab countries, where converts to christianity are either killed by law, or by muslims.

christians do try to convert people alot thats true.
but do they do it with violence?

umm with that shooting guy, i suggest you look at him. he hated society and people and you're pretty sure he's christian? read the bible mate.
exactly he is christian but he may not have follow the bible? as in he doesnt practice it to his heart and out of truthfellness. wat makes u thin kthat the dude who killed nun was not insane?

i asked a question, when was the time was someone sentenced to death because they converted?

cheesman

HSC
i can assure u that fellow was not a christian. and the nun killer? he may have been insane, but regardless, sane people have reacted with violent threats, etc..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_persecution#Islamic_persecution_of_Christians

this more than proves my point about christians being persecuted heaps by muslims

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_religious_freedom_in_Saudi_Arabia

and heres the proof about SA

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/templateC05.php?CID=2402
this is interesting

HotShot

-_-
HSC
cheesman said:
i can assure u that fellow was not a christian. and the nun killer? he may have been insane, but regardless, sane people have reacted with violent threats, etc..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_persecution#Islamic_persecution_of_Christians

this more than proves my point about christians being persecuted heaps by muslims

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_religious_freedom_in_Saudi_Arabia

and heres the proof about SA

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/templateC05.php?CID=2402
this is interesting
The Government recognizes the right of non-Muslims to worship in private; however, there are claims that it does not always respect this right in practice. In particular, the societal discrimination against adherents of the Shia Muslim minority.
i am tellin u that dude was a christian. the majority of canadians are christians and therefore he must be one two.

cheesman

HSC
hotshot, ur comments on this board seem to display shallow faith (eg the way u say mean unneccesary things about others, or have no respect for the greatest 'prohpet' next to mohammed, not really showing much love/striving for peace)) if i were non christian i would be turned off islam if this is wat it produces. im talking about all the bagging, the dirty talk, you are not showing love at all, nor are u advertising islam in a good way.
btw, this may apply to others not just you.
now im not saying i havent sometimes said the wrong thing cause i have but i do something about it, instead of still doing it.
, wat i am saying is that u, and every other person on this board who is islamic, jewish christian watever, should try live up to what/who they say they are.

L

littlewing69

cheesman said:
hotshot, ur comments on this board seem to display shallow faith (eg the way u say mean unneccesary things about others, or have no respect for the greatest 'prohpet' next to mohammed, not really showing much love/striving for peace)) if i were non christian i would be turned off islam if this is wat it produces. im talking about all the bagging, the dirty talk, you are not showing love at all, nor are u advertising islam in a good way.
btw, this may apply to others not just you.
now im not saying i havent sometimes said the wrong thing cause i have but i do something about it, instead of still doing it.
, wat i am saying is that u, and every other person on this board who is islamic, jewish christian watever, should try live up to what/who they say they are.
It's rare that any religionist is discernable morally from their non-religious peers, in my experience, except for unusual things like sex before marriage, abortion etc.

Day to day, most Christians/Jews/Muslims/FSMers/Zoroastrians are douches just like everyone else.

cheesman

HSC
after what i have experienced, heard others do things that i dont, and after knowing other christians such as myself who are in fact different to others when it comes to various moral issues etc.. i beg to differ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)