Why are some people so lazy?! (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
I just don't get it!?

Ok, so here's the full story. A couple of people at my school are contemplating quitting school. The only reason they are doing this is because they are failing everything, but I can understand why they are failing. *E.g. Writing english speeches in 15 minutes, not studying for anything etc* Then they go and complain about failing and henceforth want to drop out.

Some of them are my friends and I don't have the nerve to tell them that they are just being lazy and should pull their head in for one last year of school :p

I know, I know. Some people already have their direction in life at this moment and feel there are better options outside of school, but these are intelligent people *mostly somewhat :p*

But I just still don't get it!!! How can someone just be so lazy! It just peeves me off that they want to get the easy way out.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It's people like them who push our ATARs up.

Seriously though, make them talk to the school Principal or Counsellor maybe?

Thecorey0

HSC
That summs up my year. That's what you're forced to deal with at poorly-ranked/country schools. Half of my year left to work at McDonalds.

Last edited:

speedofsound

HSC
we have chicks at my school exactly the same - don't hand in anything, are supposedly "too busy" and then have a whinge when they get awarded 0. i wish they would just drop out, waste of space.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
That summs up my year. That's what you're forced to deal with at poorly-ranked/country schools. Half of my year left to work at McDonalds.
i loled

I have plenty at my school although better for us like shadowdude said they push our ATAR's up

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Because you start to get sick of 12 years of schooling D=

0bs3n3

HSC
lol I know right. People at my school writing drafts for an English creative at the morning in McDonalds the day it was due...

shady145

Banned
HSC
I just don't get it!?

Ok, so here's the full story. A couple of people at my school are contemplating quitting school. The only reason they are doing this is because they are failing everything, but I can understand why they are failing. *E.g. Writing english speeches in 15 minutes, not studying for anything etc* Then they go and complain about failing and henceforth want to drop out.

Some of them are my friends and I don't have the nerve to tell them that they are just being lazy and should pull their head in for one last year of school :p

I know, I know. Some people already have their direction in life at this moment and feel there are better options outside of school, but these are intelligent people *mostly somewhat :p*

But I just still don't get it!!! How can someone just be so lazy! It just peeves me off that they want to get the easy way out.
do it

fredinhose

HSC
don't mock them

they are kids like you, and their choice to work at maccas doesn't neglect their intelligence

they probably have less pressures to complete schooling because the job market there is vastly different...

and

there are kids in the country and in the city who are not mature, those who in the city are often pushed more to perform better.

This is why universities place priorities for accepting mature aged students over school finishers, because those dropouts will eventually mature, complete schooling later and will have a better understanding on career choices than younger students

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
One of my firends was acting like that so I got ten other friends to help me and we set him straight.

Or maybe you should talk to their parents.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
it's their own personal choice, let them do wat they want. Yea u can have a talk to them, maybe try to convince them to stay, however if they arent wanting to go to university then ur sorta wasting ur time...

many of my fren drop out end of yr10/throughout yr 11 cos they thought yr11 and yr12 wud be lots of work, they all got jobs now and are working well, so why shud they bother to stay in skool, work hard for 2 yrs, and get the same job as they wud if they dropped out of skool and DIDN do the HSC.

not everyone wants to do yr12, and not everyone needs to complete yr 12

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i hang out with a fairly intelligent group.. so i don't often encounter them kids too often

maybe there is some sort of 'procrastination' disease, lol.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
It depends, they may have some other problems that you don't know about that makes it hard for them to concentrate. Try to get them to go see the school counsellor and see if they can help at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)