Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (1 Viewer)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Re: which uni is better to do B commerce???

Australian national university

Macquarie university

I heard that B comm accounting is really good at macquarie.

ALso if i go to ANU I have to re locate.
Macquarie definitely, their B Comm has more choice of majors and they let you do an internship for academic credit during your degree which really boosts your employability when you graduate. If you are set on doing accounting - you can choose to do the professional accounting degree.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

Macquarie definitely, their B Comm has more choice of majors and they let you do an internship for academic credit during your degree which really boosts your employability when you graduate. If you are set on doing accounting - you can choose to do the professional accounting degree.
no

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC

i'm gonna have to agree and say unsw
1 unsw
2 mq
3 usyd

some of my unsw friends have already worked for the big 4.

HSC

for high level-finance roles u'll need to be in UNSW/USYD for a good shot. That being said obvsly some ppl break the norm. For a big 4 accounting job it doesn't really matter what uni to go to and heaps of grads come from UTS/MACQ

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Which university is more reputable,credible, and better for Business/Commerce

From what I gathered from open days, UTS also has a similar internship program which is apart your degree. if i'm mistaken then can someone just make it clear

And also, at the USYD open day, the School of Business claimed they are the only uni (in nsw/australia?) whose dean, deputy's, and other heads of department all teach components of the undergrad course. again, if anyone can clarify please do
hey yeah its true.. dr carlin (dean) is by far my favourite lecturer this sem. dunno who the other heads are though lol so i dunno.. i think the deputy is ms lord or something.. anyway she was shit..
its for the core unit in your bcom (ecof) and therefore by default its really shit just mainly to do with yr 12 business studies.. but i can see how without it the other subjects dont really link well.. and so having dr carlin as the lecturer is good. literally no one will leave the lecture early and you dont feel like falling asleep!

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Re: Which university is more reputable,credible, and better for Business/Commerce

UNSW, UNSYD, UTS or Macquaire Uni ? Which one should i pick? And which one will give me a better chance in employment?
Macquarie - they have more alliances with industry and the internship with academic credit gives you actual work experience that you can use when looking for internship programs or graduate positions.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

going to macquarie doesnt guarantee you an internship

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

At the end of the day, going to a particular uni doesn't guarantee you graduate employment when you complete your degree. Yes some unis may offer some kind of internship, but it's not guaranteed, and if it was, then it wouldn't be worth anything!

The things which'll get you into a graduate role are demonstrating you are suitable for a position. There's no one single solution to get you a definite spot. You're better off, whichever university you end up, getting very involved in extra curricular activities and some work experience (even if it isn't directly in the field). If you're just trying to figure out which university to go to, stick to one of the majors which is recognised by the relevant industry body for the profession you want to be in.

friend177

HSC

Australia National University is the most reputable and credible university in australia with business and commerce, infact most of the course ( according to QS ranking) but really employment depends on your character as well, you can get a job with any Uni if you're really good.
Macquerie should have the best actuarial studies program do that lol but i would go UNSW if you get the atar required for commerce

Last edited:

tutorsaustblog

HSC

It depends what you are going to study. Each uni has its own objectives and strengths in different areas. For example one uni may focus on research whereas another focusses on practical applications of your studies. I studied computer science at a uni not known for the best computer science course, and had a great time and got a lot out of it, and then went on to get a graduate position at a global consulting firm.

Definitely do your research, but don't get hung up on what is the best uni - there is no best uni.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
Re: best uni for comm?

UNSW. thats where im going so it must be the best

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: best uni for comm?

The one I attend. /looks at sig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)