What kind of marks do I need for 96+ with my subjects? (1 Viewer)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys :)
thanks for all the help!
so i would pretty much need 90 + in all my subs? ( i think thats achievable because im so in love with all of them haha and pretty passionate!)
and just to clarify i need 96.10 not 99.95 i think a few people were thinking i was aiming for that.. haha
Yes.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the humanities are scaling much better in recent years. I got over 99 with Ancient (98/100) , Legal and SOR I (49/50), but I did have Extension I English and Extension I Maths.
I'm pretty sure that most of your marks are probably higher Band 6s than mine, even though my ATAR is (slightly) higher than yours.

I know this is a huge generalisation, but I feel that there are more academically gifted students choosing the harder sciences and 4u maths than there are in the humanities. So perhaps that's another reason why so many of the higher ATARs come from the Science/Math combination. But when you think about it, with Law at USyd/UNSW at around 99.70, and students who do 4u maths, physics, chemistry etc. to the get the high ATAR, they might struggle with studying Law, which is a highly humanitarian based subject.
The cut off ATAR for Law at USyd/UNSW is fked up. Just saying.

Last edited:

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
hey guys :)
thanks for all the help!
so i would pretty much need 90 + in all my subs? ( i think thats achievable because im so in love with all of them haha and pretty passionate!)
and just to clarify i need 96.10 not 99.95 i think a few people were thinking i was aiming for that.. haha
lol 96 is achievable, I was referring to sanjoy who is doing similar subjects and is aiming for 99.95.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
oh ps. my school is ranked 20th, will this have any impact on the marks i need? or is it still 90 + thank you all so much :)

SanjoyM

HSC
lol 96 is achievable, I was referring to sanjoy who is doing similar subjects and is aiming for 99.95.
So, what's wrong with aiming for 99+ or 99.95? Such a pessimistic view!!
Go ahead and discourage me further! There is NOTHING wrong with aiming for a high ATAR!!

SanjoyM

HSC
I think you know exactly what I mean by the "hard way". No they dont scale that well, You would know if you went and used an ATAR calculator. Unfortunately sometimes the only way to get through to people like you is to use rudimentry english which may/or may not include profanities. Im going to do you a big favour right now and save you the dissapointment, your not going to get 99.95 with those subjects, anyone who tells you so is getting your hopes up and is full of shit.
rudimentary*

Last edited:

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
keep telling yourself that buddy, but your setting your self up for failure

SanjoyM

HSC
keep telling yourself that buddy, but your setting your self up for failure
Thank you for your 'advice', but we will see who fails!! I will reiterate this again for you: There is NOTHING wrong with aiming HIGH!! Hope this registers in your head!
Okay? Good, I hope so too!

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
your aiming towards something thats practically impossible just look at the percentiles required for each subject:
just look at the required percentile for each of your subjects if your going to get 99.95
1 English Advanced 99.5
2 English Extension 1 99.2
3 English Extension 2 94.4
4 Biology 99.7
5 Chemistry 99.7
6 Ancient History 99.00
7 Music 2 94.4

These are percentiles for individual subjects, so in chemistry for example you must be in the top 0.3% of chemistry students which is insane.Do you really think your in the top 0.3% of chemistry and biology students?

On the point of aiming high. Go ahead aim high, just don't aim for something that is completely unachieveable. Unfortunately im the one who has to point it out to you.

SanjoyM

HSC
your aiming towards something thats practically impossible just look at the percentiles required for each subject:
just look at the required percentile for each of your subjects if your going to get 99.95
1 English Advanced 99.5
2 English Extension 1 99.2
3 English Extension 2 94.4
4 Biology 99.7
5 Chemistry 99.7
6 Ancient History 99.00
7 Music 2 94.4

These are percentiles for individual subjects, so in chemistry for example you must be in the top 0.3% of chemistry students which is insane.Do you really think your in the top 0.3% of chemistry and biology students?

On the point of aiming high. Go ahead aim high, just don't aim for something that is completely unachieveable. Unfortunately im the one who has to point it out to you.
You never know! With a bit of hardwork, anything can happen!

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
good luck, optimism is good...just prepare yourself mentally for a lack of success. I wont go so far as to say failure

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
By human condition all humans are in a sense aiming for 99.95. Humans. 70-90 is enough for me. :)

enoilgam

HSC
99.95 is extremely difficult in any circumstances, but I dont think that SanjoyM will have it any more difficult then those who have a high scaling subject combination (his subjects dont scale too badly).

SanjoyM

HSC
99.95 is extremely difficult in any circumstances, but I dont think that SanjoyM will have it any more difficult then those who have a high scaling subject combination (his subjects dont scale too badly).
Thank you so much:):)

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
By human condition all humans are in a sense aiming for 99.95. Humans. 70-90 is enough for me. :)
I predict spirals gonna get a 99-99.5 not based on his subjects but the quality of his posts on the MX2 forum,seems like a rather clever fellow

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I predict spirals gonna get a 99-99.5 not based on his subjects but the quality of his posts on the MX2 forum,seems like a rather clever fellow
I am stupid. :( I only can hope for a 50ish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)