What is your first preference? (1 Viewer)

RishBonjour

HSC
True rankings are based on research output. It does however have something to do with study- if the uni is on cutting-edge research, they can teach that to their students.

USyd in better in law in terms of prestige. I'm going to UNSW but I'll still admit that openly. You are correct that it doesn't have much to do with teaching BUT it does have an influence on jobs. UNSW and USyd however are both good law schools so you'd be fine either way. Going to UWS however would be much, much harder to get a job in the competitive law market
Wisest man on BOS.

better_than_you

HSC
Commerce/Arts @ Macquarie. Far exceeded the ATAR requirement for the course, but it's something I want to do so yay :D

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Maybe 5 years ago, but I don't think so anymore...I thought they're like on par now?
But everything else is correct!
UNSW > USYD for law. my uncle was a partner at a major law firm in Australia and he said that he preferred graduates from UNSW and Univeristy of Wollongong (dont know why wollongong) over USYD

inJust

HSC
UNSW > USYD for law. my uncle was a partner at a major law firm in Australia and he said that he preferred graduates from UNSW and Univeristy of Wollongong (dont know why wollongong) over USYD
name of firm?

neontiger

HSC
I've heard the opposite from people in legal recruitment. USYD is marginally > UNSW and then all the other universities are miles behind those two.

J18134

HSC
USYD and UNSW both have great law faculties and heads and shoulders above every other new south wales university for law. Global rankings suggest USYD is better but both are in the top 30 in the world so you really cant go wrong with either.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

at first I thought 'well everyone has their preference' but when you said Wollongong I was like 'lol, what a troll'

stahp

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
wollongong hahahaha.
this

like come on

if you live in area you can get into law on early entry

without an atar

lol

"i got 52 and got into Wollongong law because my app was so badass"

worse than UWS

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
if he said something like macq or UTS (dont even know if they offer law), i wouldve been like hmmm, possibly....but he went full retard. never go full retard.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
if he said something like macq or UTS (dont even know if they offer law), i wouldve been like hmmm, possibly....but he went full retard. never go full retard.
OMG, sames!

Or even like... No, there's nowhere else.

At least he didn't say Notre Dame.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Good news 4 me: I have been offered a place in the PhB - sci degree at ANU (yay), just got to put it down as first pref. for late round :D this is a good day.

funstudy

HSC
USYD law is marginally better than UNSW, because it's been around longer haha and is internationally renowned

shongaponga

HSC
Bachelor of Engineering/BSc(Mathematics Major) @ University of Queensland

prazo94

HSC
Bachelor of applied finance/bachelor of commerce(professional accounting) @ Macquarie :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)