What do we 'hate' about Year 11? Come in and vent your frustration! (2 Viewers)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess I'll stay in general for now since my school is stupid. Though, I am doing advanced english beginning of year 12. Who knows, I might drop general altogether and focus on 10 units. By the way, maths is not something I like. Ironically, both my parents done the highest level of maths in their country in their time and I saw this document in my dads cabinet that was translated into english that said my dad came third in the country in it lol.
I don't think my parents had a choice of what they wanted to do back at Vietnam... Maffs over Vietnam is just Maffs, there's no levels, you just are expected to do whatever is given which is probably at least 4U level... You couldn't choose your subjects either and I'm sure this applies to many countries back then! So imagine doing Geography, History, Sciences, the native language, Mathematics and an extra language all at the same time all the way from Year 7 to 12!

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
I don't think my parents had a choice of what they wanted to do back at Vietnam... Maffs over Vietnam is just Maffs, there's no levels, you just are expected to do whatever is given which is probably at least 4U level... You couldn't choose your subjects either and I'm sure this applies to many countries back then! So imagine doing Geography, History, Sciences, the native language, Mathematics and an extra language all at the same time all the way from Year 7 to 12!
While I'm definitely not disputing that fact, does anyone have any sort of access to Vietnamese (Or any similar country) HSC equivalent test papers? Curious to see the difficulty of them.

Examine

same
HSC
It's funny because the head of maths stood in front of every year 10 kid and their parents last year and said "there has been word going around that general maths is easy; this is not true at all and is a challenging subject that a student must devote hours each day to have a glimpse of success in". I devote 0 hours a day and have had more than a glimpse. Then again, the words success and general math don't fit together. :p
And this guy's parents pay for this education.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I think that message was targeted at certain people because as easy as general may be, there are still people failing topic tests.
Funny thing is, back in Year 10, I made more errors in the level 1/ basic skills sections of my Mathematics common tests than the Level 3 section...

Examine

same
HSC
Funny thing is, back in Year 10, I made more errors in the level 1/ basic skills sections of my Mathematics common tests than the Level 3 section...
Same with me, 5.2 and 5.3 usually were 95%+, though 5.1 often went to the 85s.

bleakarcher

HSC
lmfao, I literally lol'd. XD

got 100% in one of our advanced maff topic tests today....for once lol.
Congrats, my class had our first 3U assessment. Wasn't too bad, a lot people think they fucked up.

Examine

same
HSC
What is the point of Gen Maths anyway? Looking at the 2011 HSC exam isn't it something that we were supposed to learn in Year 10?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
i flunked my first 2 maths test, and english test. cbb doing any of my assignments because i have no motivation. fml. not a good start to yr11
Don't worry, I thought I had a bad start to Year 11 as well but if you do bad in certain subjects, aim to do better in your other subjects! You can't change whatever you fucked up on but you can smash what's ahead of you if you do something about it... Plus, it's only preliminaries so you have to realise that you can afford to get low marks at this stage and use the criticism you get to attain higher marks in the future when marks count. Usually, when I get a mark that I'm not satisfied with (early assessments), I try my best to smash the next assessment to shove it in front of my teacher's face (not literally but yeah) :p

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i flunked my first 2 maths test, and english test. cbb doing any of my assignments because i have no motivation. fml. not a good start to yr11
Don't worry, I did shit in year 11 but when I picked up my game for year 12 I did MUCH better. Year 11 is pretty much a prep year getting you acquainted with how to study appropriately for year 12, do not be too fazed by a bad result early in year 11

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Don't worry, I did shit in year 11 but when I picked up my game for year 12 I did MUCH better. Year 11 is pretty much a prep year getting you acquainted with how to study appropriately for year 12, do not be too fazed by a bad result early in year 11
be aware a lot pick up their game in year 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)