What do we 'hate' about Year 11? Come in and vent your frustration! (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
The definition in the textbook itself had both aspects of the questions, so I guess it rides on whether it IS a legal obligation, because you can break a promise, though if you break the promise of the warranty you will be charged.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The definition in the textbook itself had both aspects of the questions, so I guess it rides on whether it IS a legal obligation, because you can break a promise, though if you break the promise of the warranty you will be charged.
The reason why I believe it's B is because the part where it says 'or does not fit its purpose.'
Try asking your teacher?

Aysce

HSC
See, I had a Business Studies exam worth 15%, and it seemed to be the question which bugged me. Out of the actual smart people in the cohort, 1/4 pick B (I picked B), though 3/4 picked A. (This was multiple choice). The problem was that in the textbook it said that a warranty was a promise (textbook definition: A warranty is a promise made by a business that they will correct any defects in the goods that they produce or in the services that they deliver), though in a different context and different words, and I guess it depends on what you consider to be "quality", though I thought that the first one would be a guarantee rather than a warranty, which seems to be the general argument of the people who picked B, though I am not sure if you are actually legally obligated to give out a warranty. Overall the question was quite ambiguous, though I wanted to see other peoples opinions.
Sorry to chime in boys, but the answer is B. It is legally enforceable and has a legal minimum of 3 years. Also, this question was taken out of my text book. ANSWER IS : B. PERIOD.

qwerty44

HSC
It is a legal obligation. The answer is B. A is a guarantee.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry to chime in boys, but the answer is B. It is legally enforceable and has a legal minimum of 3 years. Also, this question was taken out of my text book. ANSWER IS : B. PERIOD.
So I was right! Yay?!

qwerty44

HSC
And you should also note that both guarantees and warranties are legally binding except the guarantee is free while you have pay for the warranty usually. They are almost exactly the same and can be both valid for a product at the same time.

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
Lol thank god, I was crapping myself thinking I got 1 MC wrong because 3/4 of the smarter region of the cohort picked A.

Examine

same
HSC
And you should also note that both guarantees and warranties are legally binding except the guarantee is free while you have pay for the warranty usually. They are almost exactly the same and can be both valid for a product at the same time.
Yes though due to my school's case the textbook definition said it similarly to A which is why most people picked it I think, though I thought A was a guarantee so I picked B. So happy I'm right lol.

Examine

same
HSC
Awkies for the guy which spent 20 minutes trying to prove I was wrong.

Examine

same
HSC
Was that the "Charles" that used to be in your sig, hmm?
Nope, though I could imagine him doing it. Anyway the guy was like "It's obviously A -my name- , look at the textbook -points at textbook-, are you stupid or something?"

Aysce

HSC
Nope, though I could imagine him doing it. Anyway the guy was like "It's obviously A -my name- , look at the textbook -points at textbook-, are you stupid or something?"
LOL. I think it'd be more fun to find out himself when he gets the paper back :L

Magical Kebab

HSC
Little year 11s are so cute.
I bet u were once like us spi.
but on before, since I am averaging around 3 hrs a night, what if I get marks below 70ish, what the hell do I do, fear burning out or study harder whilst ignoring burning out.
This is always gonna be the problem to solve for me.

Aysce

HSC
I bet u were once like us spi.
but on before, since I am averaging around 3 hrs a night, what if I get marks below 70ish, what the hell do I do, fear burning out or study harder whilst ignoring burning out.
This is always gonna be the problem to solve for me.
1. Be optimistic.
2. You get below 70, you remain persistant and keep trying until you get that x mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)