What do we 'hate' about Year 11? Come in and vent your frustration! (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Being a senior is good in a few ways but there are bound to be things that you'll hate about it!

So, what do you hate about Year 11 so far?
Have you had any marks that you are not satisfied with?
Is the workload causing pressure?
Do you have any bad teachers?
Is tutor work combined with school work, just a bit too much?
Post anything you hate SO FAR!

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Being a senior is good in a few ways but there are bound to be things that you'll hate about it!

So, what do you hate about Year 11 so far?
Have you had any marks that you are not satisfied with?
Is the workload causing pressure?
Do you have any bad teachers?
Is tutor work combined with school work, just a bit too much?
Post anything you hate SO FAR!

For me:
- Maths homework everyday, I like the subject but doing it everyday can be a pain especially combined with maths tutor homework.....
- Did an oral presentation assessment for Business Studies today, poured all my effort into it and only got a 7 or 8 out of 10 (B range) (My asian expectations are killing me but since it's supposed to be an easy subject, kinda annoyed)... Got marked down for having 'too many words' on my powerpoint and talking for too long even though the criteria sheet doesn't state anything about being assessed on the powerpoint itself (only the oral really) or a specific time limit. My teacher even admitted I used business terminology, had good use of case studies and great content (things we were meant to be assessed on along with teamwork). It was a group presentation but yeah.... Bad start already for one of my favourite subjects (pray I do better in the economics oral + report)... Ahh well, time to move on and attempt to do better in the next business studies assessment task.... Luckily, it's only prelim... Still, unfair marks annoy me.... (Though, I did get 100% 39/39 for my first maths topic test last week so I was happy with that but it doesn't count much at all really)
- Tutor workload + School workload
- I've been deprived of sleep... (avg of 6 or 7 hours a night)

That's it so far....
When they say they will mark the oral component, the assumption is that it entails the entire presentation.

If you put too much on a powerpoint slide, it detracts from your actual delivery and just sounds like you are reading off a script. A powerpoint should only have the key points, with your actual speech providing the detail.

Another good tip is to include any table or figures which you think is relevant, but make sure this is discussed in the context of the overall task. Make sure it is explained and don't throw it in if you aren't making a point.

Best of luck with the Economics task.

wildchild666

HSC
6-7 hours of sleep =/= deprived.

I just hate all the new people in my grade.... ;)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
When they say they will mark the oral component, the assumption is that it entails the entire presentation.

If you put too much on a powerpoint slide, it detracts from your actual delivery and just sounds like you are reading off a script. A powerpoint should only have the key points, with your actual speech providing the detail.

Another good tip is to include any table or figures which you think is relevant, but make sure this is discussed in the context of the overall task. Make sure it is explained and don't throw it in if you aren't making a point.

Best of luck with the Economics task.
Everything you've said is true I guess... I wasn't reading off the presentation anyways.... I think my business studies teacher is clueless anyways but whatever...
But thanks for the advice and luck, I'll need it....

Zeroes

HSC
What I hated about year 11 was much the same workload as year 12 and none of the sympathy/respect/fun/priviledges that get showered on yr 12s.
(current year 12)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
If you're complaining about Prelim, I would hate to think how you'd survive in HSC

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You know what, as a Yr 12 we don't actually really get anything different to the Yr 11s except more work. They used to have a common room, microwave AND toaster and respect of juniors, now we have nothing and the jnrs will actually shoulder Yr 12s. It's a sad state of affairs.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Not being pushed hard enough in Advanced English

Speaking of which I'd better go and start off an essay. :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
You know what, as a Yr 12 we don't actually really get anything different to the Yr 11s except more work. They used to have a common room, microwave AND toaster and respect of juniors, now we have nothing and the jnrs will actually shoulder Yr 12s. It's a sad state of affairs.
I always found common rooms overrated, their novelty tends to wear off after a week

Eg155

HSC
Got my first *C* for English EVER!!! :O
I've never gotten lower than an average A... sooo devos. Year 11 kills lives.

Oh not to mention I cry every physics lesson, drills ya head in, and have maths homework every.single. day :D

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Got my first *C* for English EVER!!! :O
I've never gotten lower than an average A... sooo devos. Year 11 kills lives.

Oh not to mention I cry every physics lesson, drills ya head in, and have maths homework every.single. day :D
tissubox.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)