• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are you giving up? (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Practice self control - everything in moderation. There is no need to give up social networking, hobbies, sports and etc.

jnney

lemon
HSC
If you're wanting to block specific sites: google: Stayfocusd.

Google add on that can control how much time you're spending on some websites. I'm planning to reduce my time on facebook (major time waster) to 30mins per day. I had it at 60 per day during prelim!

I don't know whether to take a break from piano or not..finished 7th...don't really want to pursue it anymore...any thoughts?
i was forced to quit piano.

If you really love piano, keep at it. if not, don't.

Ryazand

Meatlover
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol mate i just bought a Ps3 (looks like i've fked my HSC up). Fking epic game, play it!!!! After 11/11/11, you shall never see me on bos again :p.
I think your ATAR just flew out the window. Look, there it goes! :p

Don't give up anything. OP play games on the weekends if needs be. Or alternatively at night from 9.00pm onwards.
Years of gaming have taught me I have no self-control... it seems a little late to be learning it now ;)

Politic

HSC
N/A
^ Title says all. What are you sacrificing in order to fully concentrate on the HSC?

I'll start off. Being an avid gamer, I'm giving up video games. I've promised not to launch another game until final HSC exams are over. Except maybe on Christmas.
(I want to play Skyrim dammit)
LOL good joke.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
A technique I've heard of was from a guy who really likes junk food.

So when he's studying (and only when studying) he eats heaps of junk food as a reward. And by association now he really looks forward to studying. It's worked well for him (from trial marks his prediction is 98+).

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll probably give up my soul to school.

On a serious note, you don't really need to sacrifice anything apart from giving hard work to achieve. I will probably play less games though.

TorMental

HSC
Half of what you guys say will not be followed up. Hahaha.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
I gave up representative soccer.. Needless to say most of my old team-mates are touring China right now and during the HSC :(

ej114

HSC
I gave up representative soccer.. Needless to say most of my old team-mates are touring China right now and during the HSC :(
Are you glad you did?

I'm thinking of cutting rep sport out because with it i cant seem to balance working an odd shift, training, school etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)